Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (midwesttex)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-26-2007, 2:10 PM Reply   
How long should it take to fill the rear factory tanks in an X-1? My pumps will time out at least twice before the tanks are full. So basically I have to hit the switch 3 times before water comes out the overflow. I guess it helps me judge how full they are, but it just doesn't sound right.
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-26-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
they should fill in one timeout, that is what it is there for...
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-27-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
how many hours do you have on your pump impellers? We're at 175 on our 07 x-star and started to notice a difference in the amount of time it took so we replaced the impellers and it made a big difference. We put weight in our boat all the time though so we use the pumps a ton.
Old     (midwesttex)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-27-2007, 10:23 AM Reply   
I'm only at 47hr. I've also noticed that one pump is significantly louder when running dry.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-27-2007, 1:39 PM Reply   
Mid-have your dealer reprogram them to add more time.
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-27-2007, 2:32 PM Reply   
You shouldn't have to have it reprogrammed if it worked before without a problem.

Ours became louder as well and sounded different when it was starting to ware. Just a thought.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-27-2007, 6:12 PM Reply   
I'm at 600 and haven't changed them yet. I can't say as I notice any real difference, and I use them a lot! Not too mention I have the Fly High system, so I am filling and draining about 3000lbs everyday.
Old     (midwesttex)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-28-2007, 5:01 AM Reply   
They have actually always been kinda messed up. When I tool delivery the port ballast was reversed so that it filled when it was supose to drain, then it stopped working (wire came loose). I think the time to fill has always been a problem. Oh.. and my auto bildge likes to turn itself on before the water level is high enough to pump anything out. I love my boat, but considering a purchased a new boat with only 2 hrs, it has had alot of problems.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-28-2007, 11:42 AM Reply   
that seems to be a trend.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-28-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
mine is fine..... 300 hours and no problems.... key is not to let them run dry if you have a pre 07 with the timmed switches.
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-28-2007, 3:24 PM Reply   
greg you already have 300 hours on that badboy!?
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-28-2007, 3:55 PM Reply   
Tex,

As for the port ballast, that is something simple where the switch was put in upside down. Dumb, but it happens.

With that auto bilge you may want to see if the filter screen is clogged. If they get filled with debris and it is wet, it will trip the bilge.