Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-02-2007, 12:50 PM Reply   
Any of you Wakeworld'ers had any dealings w/ this dealer/broker?
Old     (yates_and_debaux)      Join Date: May 2007       10-02-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
I talked to them briefly. They wanted the opportunity to sell my boat. What questions did you have? Buxton Marine (across the street) is the best in the business in my opinion.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-02-2007, 3:32 PM Reply   
more/less wanted to know if anyone has had a bad experience w/ them?
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-03-2007, 7:12 AM Reply   
Several years back I went in there to see if they would be interested in buying a used boat that I was trying to sell. They weren't interested, so I never really had any dealings with them. However, I couldn't help but get that stereotypical "used car salesman" vibe from them. Again, I have nothing to substantiate my opinion of them other than the general vibe I got from talking with them. I personally would look elsewhere when buying or selling a boat.
Old     (yates_and_debaux)      Join Date: May 2007       10-03-2007, 7:25 AM Reply   
That is the same vibe I got when dealing with them. I agree with Richard.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-03-2007, 8:09 AM Reply   
Second on Richards....McGoy's is like a used car lot for boats.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-03-2007, 8:27 AM Reply   
The story is....
I found a boat for sale via the owner, made an offer and the owner declined the offer. A month later (2 weeks ago) I emailed the owner and again inquired on the boat. I was responded to via e-mail to contact ____. I made the contact to McGoy's Toys and began to negotiate. Salesguy, was less than helpful and began telling me what could not be done vs what could be done.. I wanted to show up (18hrs 1 way) pay hte gents loan off at the the bank and leave w/ the boat. This was not an option. He advised i would have to pay him and then he would pay the loan off, then w/i 30-45 days i would receive the title. He was also trying to charge me sales tax on an out-of-state boat.. Just a very bad experience and I personally would not reccommend them to anyone. I finally conned the owner to call me and he agreed to accept payment and leave the broker out of it.. However, after all the hurdles I had to cross, I just gave up...
Old     (yates_and_debaux)      Join Date: May 2007       10-03-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
Tickle,

I am sorry to hear that. Did you not end up getting the boat?
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-03-2007, 9:14 AM Reply   
That sucks Josh. Though It means you'll find something you like better even closer to you!
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-03-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
NOPE, i said heck w/ it.. I kinda looked at it as all the troubles i was having was sorta a sign.. I may be wrong, but....

Looks like I am going to pick up one a lot closer, same boat, i yr older, but more options...and less hrs...
Old     (yates_and_debaux)      Join Date: May 2007       10-03-2007, 9:33 AM Reply   
Hopefully it all works out in the end. Good luck.
Old     (headhunter)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-03-2007, 9:46 AM Reply   
Be very careful with these so-called boat brokers. I had a really bad experience with one in Austin,TX. Tried to pursue them thru legal means and got nowhere, and out lots of $$$. They are legitament thieves!!!!
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-03-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
Exactly.... I'm done, local dealers or individuals only from here on out...
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-03-2007, 10:06 AM Reply   
What was the boat?
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-03-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
06' 22ssv loaded except for PP --134 hrs

going w/ a

05' 22ssv GG w/ 340hp eng and heater -- 98 hrs