Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    hyprmotive            06-07-2003, 12:38 AM Reply   
my Girlfriends dad just bought a MC ProTOUR 190 (i think a 96) cause they ski a lot,and it was an AUSOME deal w/only 40 hours on it. My question is . . how is this boats wake, say, compared to a newer prostar or a 99 sportstar (my friends boat). Will it be any good, or is it TOO much of a SKI boat. Also, i have a fat sac (600lbs) and many various "water tubs" that weigh about 150 a piece.usually there are about three people in the boat, so how should i weight it. THANKS A LOT
Old    wetnwildaudio            06-07-2003, 12:29 PM Reply   
ya id say you should put the fat sack and as much wieght as you can fit in the boat and you should be alright JK
stay below 2k and you should be set up
Old    sickboy            06-09-2003, 10:23 AM Reply   
The prostar 190 throws a really nice wake when weighted. A friend used to have a '97, and it was really nice. Just throw a tower or pole on it, and you should be set.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-09-2003, 12:25 PM Reply   
Put the fat sac in the back PLUM full and those other sacs you got on the sides of the engine. If you can get about 1,500 lbs in it then the wake is nice. Rampy, firm and at 65' or 70' you'll be set up pretty good for flight school provided you have a pole.
Remember though, you want to keep most of the weight in the back and along side the engine with maybe a small amount in the bow to help counter balance. Fat Seat's work well and side sacs. I have about 4 50lb sand bags that I use in the bow to help balance.
Old    hyprmotive            06-10-2003, 12:01 AM Reply   
thanks for the replies. one question though. in one of the replies, it says "the Prostar 190 throws a really nice wake" . . but the boat in question is a proTOUR 190. what is the difference between the prostar and protour boats? is there ANY difference? thanks.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-10-2003, 5:46 AM Reply   
If it's a 19'6" MC from 1996 it's most likely the same exact hull. Probably just has some cosmetic upgrades.