Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Kneeboarding

Old                07-06-2004, 9:03 AM Reply   
I'm new to this, but I was wondering if I can buy a kneeboarding ramp? Do people sell them. I could make one, but it would be experimental. Any Comments?!?!?!

Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-07-2004, 7:16 AM Reply   
You can use the same kicker ramp that the wakeboarders use.
Old                07-09-2004, 10:50 AM Reply   
Whats wrong with the wake?
Old                07-09-2004, 1:00 PM Reply   
Nothing wrong with the wake. We were all talking after being out on the lake all day and just started thinking of thngs to try. I have a BMX skatepark background so I tend to think of ramps a lot. I found some plans on how to make a kicker ramp. Thanks
Old                11-24-2004, 1:42 PM Reply   
Make sure it aint steep at all.I dont think a board could go up a BMX ramp.Try something like a launch ramp.
Old                02-15-2005, 1:00 PM Reply   
Mike, don't get too crazy on your ramp size, if you start getting really big air it will hurt when you land (especially if you land really flat). You can't absorb the landing like a wakeboarder can with their legs. I ride on a private ski lake with a full size jump i've ridden over on a kneeboard numerous times. I don't do it any more because last time I did my back hurt for about a week. Stick with something 3' high or less
Old                02-15-2005, 5:21 PM Reply   
Any idea hpw to make a kicker ramp?The only materials I have is wood.
Old     (graham_b)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-18-2005, 3:18 AM Reply   
try a barefoot ramp
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-24-2005, 8:09 AM Reply   
well it has to float...so get whatever you can... a 55 gallon drum, an old canoe thats not being used,ect. and you dont want it going all around the lake...so get some anchors
Old                10-29-2005, 9:20 AM Reply   
I had a kneeboard kicker back in the day and it was 8 foot long out of the water and 3 1/2 feet high and it had out door carpet on it and it was bad ass for fronts and heli's the carpet aids in the pop a slippery ramp you will just flop off the other side. we where so stupid I have hit that thing a bunch of times at 40 + no lie! I was like 15 so.