Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (wawakeboarder5)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-06-2006, 1:10 PM Reply   
Is this a good board to progress on. what makes it different from a transcend or absolute.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-06-2006, 2:30 PM Reply   
Shaun Murray's boards have a mellower rocker profile (ie. continuous vs 3-stage) and can help a newer rider as it is less abrupt off the wake. Its all preference really. The Absolute is a great board as well. The thing is all boards can be good for progression as long as they fit your individual riding style. So if you like high abrupt wake to wake pop go for the Absolute or Transcend, if you like mellower pop then go for the Murray. It all just depends on what you like.
Old     (partyb)      Join Date: Dec 2001       12-06-2006, 3:06 PM Reply   
I'm not in complete agreement on that big & heavy. IMO, continuous boards are easier to ride, and especially learn on. I find they give you a more consistent pop off the wake, the same jump everytime. As opposed to a 3 stage board which I believe is wildly overused by riders.

I have what most would consider pretty good form and I've recently switched to a continuous board after riding a substance for years. I did this after riding a friend of mines board, he is an ex-pro and rides a continuous. Trust me, nobody on here is getting more "pop" then him...I don't care what board you're on.

But of course, it is all preference...but I think too many people buy a board with a pros name on it instead. Most people are not nearly as good as a pro, so why ride their board? I don't drive Dale Ernhardt's car to work.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-06-2006, 3:13 PM Reply   
Brian, I am going to disagree with you now. I have owned both of these boards, and I can honestly tell you that the three stage on the absolute is VERY easy to ride, and actually lands softer than my murray. It has everything to do with the Abs having a center spine, and my murray not.

The Abs has a lot more kick just coming into the wake really mellow, but I would agree that it really doesn't make too much of a difference to most people, its all in the cut how big you go. However, I think a 3-stage might make it a bit easier.

The only major advantage I see with the murray is that it is a TON of fun to butter around on, which my abs sucks at.

(Message edited by garret_s on December 06, 2006)
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-06-2006, 5:08 PM Reply   
Garret----try riding your Absolute finless!

Luke , all the boards you mentioned are great boards--just keep riding, you will improve, there is no substitute for time on the water(experience). Have fun!
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-06-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
yeah. i ride the 05 transcend and its got the subtle 3-stage and ive been riding my bros obrien vision(continuous rocker) all summer and i think continuous is definetly easier than three stage. but who knows its been since july since i rode my transcend bc my bindings broke and im broke. :]
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-06-2006, 6:35 PM Reply   
I wish they would stop making the lute skinier every year, the best shapes were the phatty old lute shapes!

I like my 07 plat, but Id trade it for an 03 plat in a heartbeat!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-06-2006, 9:00 PM Reply   
Mike. are the sure the new Lutes are thinner? I thought they were wider at tip and tail.

I have a 03 Plat

You would just break it!
Old     (wawakeboarder5)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-11-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
thanks guys
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-11-2006, 10:52 PM Reply   
Chuck - I wouldnt have it any other way.
Old     (kaesensuyderhoud)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-12-2006, 3:00 AM Reply   
murray is a BAD ASS.
but i cant even bench press his board.