Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-01-2006, 11:43 AM Reply   
I just wanted to thank everybody for their bids. It's only been 24 hours since the Toys For Tots Auctions started and we've already surpassed last year's auction totals!! Congratulations, you are all doing a great job.

And thanks to all our sponsors, especially CWB and MasterCraft that came up with packages that have brought in over $2,000 so far!!

Keep bidding!!
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-01-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
Great job everyone...Keep it up, we only have 6 days left
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-01-2006, 10:35 PM Reply   
everyone else is like me and sandbagging until the last minute, err second and getting a winning bid!

oops...that was a secret... forget this post
Old     (elduche)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-01-2006, 11:16 PM Reply   
Hey, we've got money in Canada too you know!!!
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-02-2006, 10:35 AM Reply   
Duncan, Check out more towards the bottom of this thread and you will see why non-US'ers cannot bid.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/390258.html?1164989283
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-02-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
Here is the explanation...

Unfortunately, the only thing we can ship to Canada is the Roswell package, which is actually in Canada. Since the sponsors are handling the shipping as a part of their donation, we can't ask them to foot the bill for the unpredictable costs of shipping, duty, hassle, etc. to other countries. If we burden donors with all of that we're less likely to have those donors participate in the future.

I know it kind of sucks for those in other countries, but our whole goal is to generate the most money we can for Toys For Tots. Since there are over 40 auctions, simplification is key.
Old     (elduche)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-02-2006, 2:01 PM Reply   
Yeah, after I posted, I read the other thread. I didnt think that it was all that complicated shipping to canada. Anytime I have ordered from the States or purchased on E-bay, the duty gets charged on the purchasers/receivers end so its not like the sponsers would have to pay any of that.

No worries though, great cause.

(Message edited by Elduche on December 02, 2006)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-04-2006, 8:03 AM Reply   
Keep the bidding going guys! There is one item on there that I'm winning with a 2 dollar bid... How can that possibly happen???