Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (drumnwake420)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-31-2004, 1:08 PM Reply   
Anyone have to deal with jerky cops on the lakes they ride on? I ride on a city lake so the lake is patrolled by the city police department and there has been this cop that has been terrorizing the lake... He will NOT allow wakesurfing at all and when my friend pointed out that it was not against the law, he replied "it is on MY lake."

Last night my friends and I were riding and it was still light out at 8:40... I know it was 8:40 because when we pulled up on the dock 10 minutes later after emptying the sacs etc, Judge Dread was standing on the dock shining his flashlight in our eyes demanding for all of our driver's licenses... and he told us we were all in big trouble for riding at 8:40... He goes on this big spiel about how sundown is exactly 8:37, and how it goes down by one minute the further into the week you go.. Then he tells us that he has already totaled up the tickets in the car and the fines will be 660 dollars, and every citation issued on a lake is viewed as an "arrest" and you will have to mention it on every job application you fill out (i mentioned that i had just been laid off to try to get out of paying 660 freakin bucks!)...

I used to know the cops patrolling the lake and they were pretty cool... the kind of cops that would roll up on you, just to check out your system on the boat... but this dude is kinda crazy... are any of the things he said true? can fines for riding after sundown be that expensive?? is the actual law riding "after sundown" or "after dark"? I mean for real, it was pretty light out last night at 8:40... does getting citations on a lake actually equate to getting arrested? and by him saying i'd have to mention it on a job app, i'm assuming he's referring to it as a felony or misdomeanor or something? I think it's BS but i'd like to see what you guys think... and can he really forbid wakesurfing on a lake?

This jerk taking away the best water of the day from me...