Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-30-2011, 1:10 PM Reply   
Racquetball any more, or am i the only one still stuck in the 80's?

Making a trip to the Bay Area on Easter weekend and I'm looking for a game.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-30-2011, 1:26 PM Reply   
I play twice a week in the winter, then switch to tennis in the summer. I don't really think its an 80s game so much, but never really thought about it(or cared).

Last edited by psudy; 03-30-2011 at 1:28 PM.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-30-2011, 1:37 PM Reply   
I used to play a bit. Problem is I end up getting kind of bored with it. I tried squash for a while, which I thought was more fun, but their was a limited number of people to play with. Great workout though.
Old    SamIngram            03-30-2011, 1:40 PM Reply   
I actually went and watched the US Championships that were held a month or so ago here in Tempe, AZ (at ASU).

My buddy is good friends, from college, with Tim Sweeney and Doug Ganim, who won the 40+ national championships. I guess at one time Sweeney was ranked the best in the world, but got bored with it and primarily plays pickle or something... He says he couldn't find any real competition in Chicago. We had dinner with these guys, and I thought it was pretty funny, but they had actually had groupies...

Championship Bracket

It was pretty crazy to watch, these guys are so good it was crazy. I think Sweeney broke three racquets during one game... I probably won't go back though.
Old    SamIngram            03-30-2011, 1:41 PM Reply   
Maybe it was squash that he switched to, I don't remember. He said it was more like a chess game than RB was.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-30-2011, 2:30 PM Reply   
With my insanity/p90 hybrid I usually cut out the stretching/yoga days and go play a hour of racquetball and then a hour of swimming....

Usually play like 2v2 or cut-throat.... I really like the game except for the occasional shots I take from a buddy - played tennis his whole life so he can just crush the thing
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-30-2011, 2:45 PM Reply   
I didn't think anyone from WW played. I play 3-4 a week and have since the mid-80's.. I did take a hiatus from 2001 to 2008 only playing occasionally. I picked up 40 lbs in that time frame that I can't seem to shake since I hit my 40's.
Jrod, are there any places to play in the Bay Area? I'm willing to drive a bit and will be staying in the Brentwood area. I used to play at The Supreme Court in Walnut Creek when I lived there, but I'm not even certain that place is open any longer.