Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-27-2010, 5:40 AM Reply   
Well now that it's 10 degrees out, and the lake is nearly completely frozen over it's time to start dreaming about next season!

Just wanted to let you guys know that we're starting to get put things in motion for a Minnesota Spring Ride next season. Everything is still in the very early stages of planning, but I can tell you that there are some big players interested in being involved, and we'll also be working on getting the best water possible for the potential event...trying to get a No Wake Zone put into effect for the day.

I'll let you know more if/when things start to fall into place.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-27-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
You know me I am in.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-27-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
Glorious
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-27-2010, 2:03 PM Reply   
Jay lets connect on this, I would love the be part of the event.
Old     (SafetyMike)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-27-2010, 6:52 PM Reply   
Time to switch over to tramps until it thaws out were do you guys ride in MN
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-28-2010, 10:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMike View Post
Time to switch over to tramps until it thaws out were do you guys ride in MN
All over, some lakes north of St Cloud, some lakes around Clearwater, Whitefish chain up in brainerd, Willmar area lakes, Briggs/Julia chain by Becker, Maple Grove lakes once in a while. This Spring Ride event has some big potential! Can't wait til spring, but its all snowboarding for now!
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-29-2010, 6:44 AM Reply   
Jay, give me a shout if you need any help. I'd be interested in contributing to the effort.
Old     (SafetyMike)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-29-2010, 8:18 AM Reply   
Ben i got a cabin not far from annandale and im always riding over in st cloud since i go to scsu. Never got into snowboarding and dont have the money to get into atm so just tramps for now unfortunately.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-29-2010, 8:26 AM Reply   
Andy and Chad - Thanks for the offers on helping out, and I'm sure you'll be taken up on that!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-29-2010, 10:57 AM Reply   
Jay,

Got an email from Randy Scagliotti, he and Alex would fly in for the even. Also Robby Carter expressed some interest, maybe him and Derek Cook.
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-29-2010, 12:27 PM Reply   
I'd be in for something like this. I ride a couple times a week on Bryant Lake in EP. Do any of you ever make it there? I dont know too many riders outside of my immediate group but would love to ride with others. one of my friend is big into photos too. definitely keep me updated on how this shapes up
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-29-2010, 1:44 PM Reply   
Jay,

We should try to coordinate on dates to avoid conflicts. I'd hate to see riders have to chose one or the other. I'd also be interested in swapping banners and other cross-advertising.
Old     (SafetyMike)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-29-2010, 3:01 PM Reply   
Jeff not sure if its Bryant lake but I have ridden on a lake over in EP just off 494
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-29-2010, 3:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Jay,

We should try to coordinate on dates to avoid conflicts. I'd hate to see riders have to chose one or the other. I'd also be interested in swapping banners and other cross-advertising.
Jarrod, good call! Just sent you a message via wakeworld.
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-29-2010, 3:41 PM Reply   
Yo check your email from our friend in the AZ. Also I reached out to Oakley and was thinking about Birch's too since they are right there. Holar whatever else you want me to do.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-29-2010, 4:10 PM Reply   
Jason - I got. We'll see what what they say.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-29-2010, 4:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Jay,

Obviously everone would choose Minnesota!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-30-2010, 6:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowslider76 View Post
Yo check your email from our friend in the AZ. Also I reached out to Oakley and was thinking about Birch's too since they are right there. Holar whatever else you want me to do.
Does Dawn's ex have any connects that would be worthwhile?

Last edited by jeff_mn; 11-30-2010 at 6:54 AM.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-30-2010, 6:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydenrict View Post
I'd be in for something like this. I ride a couple times a week on Bryant Lake in EP. Do any of you ever make it there? I dont know too many riders outside of my immediate group but would love to ride with others. one of my friend is big into photos too. definitely keep me updated on how this shapes up
Rode Bryant about once every 10 days or so the past few years. Usually when we ride Bryant it's just me and my wife although I've probably shredded Bryant maybe 6 or 7 times with Jason (snowslider76 above)...

The bummer part is the no wake rules on Sundays. Really cuts into getting out time when butter is premium..

Bryant is the closet lake to me (West Richfield/Southwest MPLS) so if you are ever looking for a third - shoot me a PM or an e mail.
Old    mmcorrectax            11-30-2010, 1:38 PM Reply   
We will have a few more details toward the end of next week. Big meeting tomorrow Jay, I will call you in the morning, maybe we can go over a few things before we meet with the Red Bull gents.
Old     (JTLBP1)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-30-2010, 6:50 PM Reply   
This sounds pretty awesome, glad to hear Minnesota is finally starting get a big wake scene, let me know if me or any of the lake Bavaria posse can help
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-01-2010, 4:51 PM Reply   
Update - Casey (Correct Craft/Nautique) and I just had a meeting with Red Bull, and things went well. It doesn't mean that they are forsure in, but they seemed pretty stoked in our initial talk, and things are definitely moving forward in the right direction. Right now we're working on securing a location, as well as a date. A vague time frame is late June/early July...wanna make sure we maximize our chances for having good weather and decent water temps, and also work around the pro events. Should have some more updates for you all in the next few weeks.

Last edited by ironj32; 12-01-2010 at 4:58 PM.
Old     (SafetyMike)      Join Date: Nov 2010       12-01-2010, 4:57 PM Reply   
This sounds sick im stoked already.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-07-2010, 6:26 AM Reply   
If you were half as slick with Redbull as you were with the New Castle keg, you've got that on lock Jay..

;-)
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-07-2010, 9:03 AM Reply   
ha. i stuck to my Jeremiah Weed & Waters all night!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-07-2010, 9:20 AM Reply   
Was referring to the magix sexual advances you put on the keg to get it pouring again
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-07-2010, 9:25 AM Reply   
Alright everyone, we would like to gather some feed back from you all on the type of event to have. Basically, we are looking at two options.

OPTION 1. An "up north" two day event. All of the activities would take place at the resort we stay at. Location would be within 2.5 hours of the metro area, and would probably run anywhere from $70-$150/night for lodging (depends on # of people stay in your room). This would be a two day with an itineray something like this (just a very rough draft):
Friday:
Morning to Early Evening:
*MN Rider Showcase - Just chill out on boats, line them up, and take turns doing like 3 or 4 passess in front of everyone. Ride behind the boat you're hanging out on.

Early Evening until ya hit the sac:
*Grill Out and Lawn Games

Saturday:
Early Morning to Mid Morning:
*MN Rider Showcase: Hanging out taking turns doing a few passes in front of each other. Ride behind whatever boat you're hanging out on.
OR
*MN Riders - Best Trick: Same as set up as MN Rider Showcase except there are judges, and each rider would only get 1 down/back pass to pull off their best trick. You get one fall. This would probably be for either prize $, or prize equipment. Ride behind the SAN 230. ....again this it just initial thoughts, but you get the idea.

Mid Morning to Late Afternoon:
*On Site DJ
*Double Up Contest - Best Trick (Entry Fee required) - Big Prize $
*Double Up Contest - Biggest Trick (Entry Fee required) - Big Prize $

Late Afternoon to Evenening:
*Grill, Hang Out, Yard Games

Late Night:
*Cocktails/DJ/Party

OPTION 2: Local 1 day event. There probably be an onsite DJ, and whatever beverages you wanted to bring on your own ride.
Early Morning to Mid Morning:
*MN Rider Showcase: Hanging out taking turns doing a few passes in front of each other. Ride behind whatever boat you're hanging out on.

Mid Morning to Late Afternoon:
*On Site DJ
*Double Up Contest - Best Trick (Entry Fee required) - Big Prize $
*Double Up Contest - Biggest Trick (Entry Fee required - Big Prize $

Everyone goes their separate ways.

What do you all think? Would you like to have a two day event where you can really get to know and hang out with people, and make a good weekend out of it. OR would you like to have a one day, local, thing? If you could just post back with either Up North or Local that would be easiest to see what you want.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-07-2010, 9:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
Was referring to the magix sexual advances you put on the keg to get it pouring again
hahahhaa....i totally forgot about that. what can i say, i got the magic touch
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-07-2010, 9:26 AM Reply   
i'll start with my opinion:

UP NORTH
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-07-2010, 9:54 AM Reply   
also, if you prefer it to be local...does that mean that you would not come if it were Up North? so, lets go with the following responses:
*UP NORTH
*Local - Will Not Travel
*Local - But Would Still Come Up North
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-07-2010, 10:07 AM Reply   
up norf
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-07-2010, 10:11 AM Reply   
Local would be best for me personally but I will do whatever.
Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       12-07-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
Up North
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-07-2010, 11:02 AM Reply   
Steve Pederson sent me a text...he votes Up North
Old    mmcorrectax            12-07-2010, 11:03 AM Reply   
Up North for me Jay, but you know that...

Next step, location ideas. Bring them on...
Old    mmcorrectax            12-07-2010, 11:04 AM Reply   
P.S. We have the prize money locked down...
Old     (rourker)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-07-2010, 12:00 PM Reply   
UP North.

Make a weekend out of it.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-07-2010, 12:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcorrectax View Post
P.S. We have the prize money locked down...
Is Colin Ryan's name already on the checks?
Old     (tburt_mn)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-07-2010, 1:31 PM Reply   
Up North

BTW, Thanks for the getting the keg running again Jay.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       12-07-2010, 3:51 PM Reply   
UP NORTH

i think it would get more people 100% committed... too easy too pass on it if it were just a day thing, imo
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       12-07-2010, 3:53 PM Reply   
http://www.sugarlakelodge.com/

^I've been here a few times before for work deals... its legit... lets take it over for a weekend.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-07-2010, 4:57 PM Reply   
I think if you go up North you should spin it somewhere we can rent house boats!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-07-2010, 4:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycejb328 View Post

^I've been here a few times before for work deals... its legit... lets take it over for a weekend.
I have gotten wasted at the SUgar Lake lodge Many, Many times. Its stupid fun. My wife is from Grand Rapids, that town is crazy fun!
Old     (funkyhomosapien)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-07-2010, 6:03 PM Reply   
UP North
Old     (SafetyMike)      Join Date: Nov 2010       12-07-2010, 8:07 PM Reply   
North
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-08-2010, 5:37 AM Reply   
Sweet, well I'm glad to see that nearly everyone is in agreement. We'll continue to keep things rolling, and will keep you posted. If you have any more ideas for location (specific lakes/resots) feel free to send me an email at jay.fogelson@gmail.com. I have a few potential spots, but would love hear of any other ideas.

Specifically we are looking for a place that:
*Has a "hotel" type building real close to the water (multiple rooms)
*Is in a fairly protected bay
*Not on a super crazy busy lake
*Has a restraunt/bar/ballroom on site
*Water is at least 15ft deep in front of the resort
*No more than 2.5-3 hrs away from the metro

Again, shoot me an email at jay.fogelson@gmail.com, as it will be easiest to keep track of things.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-08-2010, 6:53 AM Reply   
So, what kind of event are you looking for? From a pure fun standpoint, the up north option is by far the best option. My guess is that you would get a good 20+ riders and one hell of a party. But if you have it in the cities, you'll probably get three or more times the riders and a lot more interested sponsors. So smaller, have fun, party scene, or full on wakeboarding event? The Twin Cities River Rats site on the Mississippi is a great spot for a full on event.

My vote wants to be Up North, but in reality, it's local. I already have too many watersports events in the works.

BTW, hold off on putting Colin Ryan's name on the checks. Since my back has finally informed me that I can no longer kneeboard, I'm gonna try going to the dark side and give Mr. Ryan some competition Now I just gotta figure out that standing sideways thingy.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-08-2010, 8:32 AM Reply   
My sister-in-laws parents own this place in Alexandria.

Geneva Beach Resort on Lake Geneva

If anyone looks it over and thinks it could be a place they want to look into - I can arrange a call or meeting with the owners.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-08-2010, 10:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
My sister-in-laws parents own this place in Alexandria.

Geneva Beach Resort on Lake Geneva

If anyone looks it over and thinks it could be a place they want to look into - I can arrange a call or meeting with the owners.
Jeff, sent you an email.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-08-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj32 View Post
Jeff, sent you an email.
e mailed you back and e mailed the resort.

will update when I know more.
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-08-2010, 11:29 AM Reply   
North. I agree that if it is at a location you will get more commitment, but would lose out on size/potential sponsors. I am looking forward to a day(s) of a couple sets behind nice boats with fun people. As long as that happens i would be happy. Side note: I know for a fact that i would not compete in any type of best trick or double up contest. if i'm just looking for a couple sets, can that happen?
Old     (tburt_mn)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-08-2010, 12:06 PM Reply   
What about the St. Croix south of the cities (Prescott or Hastings)? I don't know much about the river but it seems it would satisfy both issues. Its close enough for certain people and/or sponsors to make it a day trip, while offering plenty of camping and lodging as well. I don't know of any particular places, just thought I'd see what people thought. Also, I saw online that Beanies on the St. Croix rents houseboats. I have never ridden on the river so I don't know about the riding, but thought I'd bring it up.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-08-2010, 12:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tburt_mn View Post
What about the St. Croix south of the cities (Prescott or Hastings)? I don't know much about the river but it seems it would satisfy both issues. Its close enough for certain people and/or sponsors to make it a day trip, while offering plenty of camping and lodging as well. I don't know of any particular places, just thought I'd see what people thought. Also, I saw online that Beanies on the St. Croix rents houseboats. I have never ridden on the river so I don't know about the riding, but thought I'd bring it up.
Tommy B - the big issues with that is that it's nearly impossible to find water or a line on the river on a Saturday.. Not many bays or fingers to ride so you have to get pretty far south of town where the traffic slows down.. Down by hastings you still get a lot of transient day trip/weekend traffic..

That's not to say that another river wouldn't be a good idea - the Croix/Miss are just typically real busy with big rigs..

Sounds like Jay might have a location dialed anyways.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-08-2010, 1:34 PM Reply   
Jeff S - Yes you'll be able to take sets and not have to be in any competition.

Tom - The river would be tough...you'd have to deal with current and it'd be real hard to float and stay in one spot. Plus the traffic, barges, and big cruisers will ruin the water.

I've got a few places in the North that will probably work out, just want to get any other suggestions that you guys might have. Keep the ideas coming!
Old     (JTLBP1)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-08-2010, 4:23 PM Reply   
I like the idea of the two day event, up north or where ever it may be. but I am also down for the local event as well, I really like the idea of the d-up contest!!!
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-09-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
There's (at least there used to be) a semi private lake in Alexandria with Camping around it and a big field to park in. I remember it being next to a barn and having a ski jump on it. Lake Laura maybe. The camping was kind of first come first served as its not an actual camping area but it was tons of fun.
Old     (rourker)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-16-2010, 6:49 AM Reply   
Sugar Lake Lodge- Been there for work events. Great spot nice accomodations with different bays that might work well for riding.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-20-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
Thought you all would like another update.

I've been conversing with the owner of a resort up on Northern Minnesota (about 45 minutes East of Brainerd/60 minutes West of Duluth). He is super eager to hold an event there, and is willing to do whatever it takes to make it happen for us. The layout seems to be ideal. It's right on the water w/ Lodge (18 hotel rooms @ $70-$110/night), as well as a bunch of townhouses (3-4 rooms each @ $325/night), has a private launch, 28 slips, bar/restraunt on site, and a banquet room. I just got word this morning that we have the Sheriff on our side will be allowed to have a No Wake Zone to be put in to effect for the event.

Becca and I will be heading up there on January 7th to check the place out, and look things over. If that goes well, we should have our location locked down. I'll let you know more as things fall into place.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-20-2010, 11:22 AM Reply   
BOSS!!! My bro in law has a place on Lake Roosevelt, is the resort anywhere around there?
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-20-2010, 1:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboardcorey View Post
BOSS!!! My bro in law has a place on Lake Roosevelt, is the resort anywhere around there?
Is your Lake Roosevelt just North of Lake Winnebigoshish? If so, I'd say your bro-in-law is about 2 hr 45 NW of the site. The site I'm talking about is near McGregor.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-20-2010, 2:00 PM Reply   
Nope, its just north of Emily about 40 miles from McGregor. Is the resort on Big Sandy? I know a guy with a cabin there too. The lake is dope, the water is super brown from all the minerals in the soil but all around a great place to ride.
Old     (rawB)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-27-2010, 4:53 PM Reply   
Would both local and up north an option for the event? Otherwise let me know when I can make a reservation up north.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-28-2010, 8:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawB View Post
Would both local and up north an option for the event? Otherwise let me know when I can make a reservation up north.
We've decided to pursue the up North option. I'm meeting with the resort owner in a week and a half, and should have things nailed down shortly after.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-28-2010, 11:34 AM Reply   
Jay-

I was up in Grand Rapids Last weekend. Turns out my In-Laws know the owners of the Sugar Lake Lodge Really well so if things dont work out as expect at the resort you have in Mind lemme know.

Old    mmcorrectax            01-08-2011, 12:59 PM Reply   
We are going to go with Big Sandy Lake Lodge on June 10-11. Everyone start getting ready, intitial prize money at $1,500 for biggest air and $1,500 for best trick, and that is just from MarineMax, media pack will be available next week.

Send me an email at casey.smith@marinemax.com if you would like materials sent out.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-08-2011, 4:45 PM Reply   
Yeppers. Becca and I were just up there last night/this morning and met with the owner. The place is pretty sick. The set up is pretty much perfect. Prices will be very reasonable. The exact pricing details are still being worked out, but I believe we'll start booking rooms within the next week or so. More to come.....
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-09-2011, 9:37 AM Reply   
I turn 30 on the 11th.

Perfect birthday weekend.

In.

Let me know when we can start booking.
Old     (rourker)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-09-2011, 8:45 PM Reply   
Yes......and so the story begins.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-10-2011, 7:19 PM Reply   
To my crew (you know who you are) - Jay said they are getting some cabins/townhouses so with room for 12-16 people but they will be limited so let's jump on that right away and have a re-do of Burtons cabin this summer... As soon as someone gets the word from Jay - grab a townhouse for our team..

I turn 30 that Saturday and we'll leave little homey in the cities and get retarded.
Old     (rourker)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-10-2011, 7:34 PM Reply   
I hear that....on it!

Jay- Let us know when we are good to go w/ rates or whatever is still cooking w/ the resort. Thanks man.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-11-2011, 1:02 PM Reply   
Right now we're just getting the prices and reservation procedure all set. Hang tight while we get it all squared away. We should have the green light in a few days.

I can tell you what will be available so you can start thinking of what will suit you best.

*There will be about 5 Townhome Units available, each can hold approx 15-18 people. The base price includes up to 8 people. There is an additional charge for each person over #8.
*There will be about 7 Cabins available, each can hold approx 15-18 people. The base price includes up to 8 people. There is an additional charge for each person over #8.
*There will be 18 Lodge (hotel rooms) available. These are your typical sized hotel rooms, with standard bed size options.

Again, just hold tight on calling for reservations. We'll be set to start shortly.
Old     (richmondrider)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2011, 3:03 PM Reply   
I am definitely going to make it to this event but I know my crew, or what’s left of my crew, is not going to make it.

So….if anyone needs another body to fill up a townhome or cabin, let me know! Thanks!

Last edited by richmondrider; 01-11-2011 at 3:04 PM. Reason: I spell good
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-11-2011, 4:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondrider View Post
I am definitely going to make it to this event but I know my crew, or what’s left of my crew, is not going to make it.

So….if anyone needs another body to fill up a townhome or cabin, let me know! Thanks!
Good to hear your planning on attending. Don't let the lack of your "crew" being there discourage you. This goes for everyone. There will be plenty of people to meet, hang with, and boats to ride behind. The hotel rooms will be very reasonably priced. Some as cheap as $69/night (maybe less, which is why we're holding off on the reservations).
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-11-2011, 6:42 PM Reply   
Pretty sure you would get a couple crews coming from Manitoba.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-12-2011, 4:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lives2wake View Post
Pretty sure you would get a couple crews coming from Manitoba.
That's awesome Justin! It's 2 hours North of the metro, so hopefully the traveling won't be two bad.
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-26-2011, 7:25 AM Reply   
So i've told a couple friends who are not on wakeworld about this and they are super pumped about it. One of them who usually shoots pics and videos of us is excited about putting a little crew together and making a really good edit of the weekend. I know tons of people will have cameras and will be taking shots/videos, but is there anyone out there who has a mini film crew already? I think it'd be sick to have an "official film crew" of a handful of people with equipment that all collaborate on a video of the weekend. Thoughts?
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-26-2011, 7:26 AM Reply   
also, i know the answer is "the sooner the better" but is there a deadline to booking a room?
Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-26-2011, 9:40 AM Reply   
I would be willing to help put a video together. I hope that Ryan Taylor will be coming to the event - he should be able to get some sick footage too.

I will be up there with my HD camcorder and my DSLR. Maybe have a gopro by then too.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-26-2011, 10:14 AM Reply   
Jeff S and Jeff Garvey. I'd love it if you guys would be willing to do some filming up there. I've spoken with Ryan, and if anything, he will be shooting still photos. Actually one of our options for judging the "biggest" trick contest is to count frames, which would require one person to video the entire contest and then edit it. I've never done it before, but I believe you'd need a wicked fast video camera.

If anyone knows of someone willing to do that, it would be awesome!

Otherwise, I think having a video crew would be sick.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-26-2011, 10:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydenrict View Post
also, i know the answer is "the sooner the better" but is there a deadline to booking a room?
The rooms are first come first serve. They are holding the entire resort a few more weeks for us, and then they will open up the reservation line to any and everyone. I'd recommend calling and reserving rooms asap.

The more reserved rooms we have shows proof to the resort and potential sponsors that there is a lot of interest in the event, thus making it easier for us to collect more prize money and door prizes.

To make a reservation call 218-426-5040 and say that your with the wakeboard event.