Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-04-2009, 7:50 AM Reply   
I really need to know fast please!!!
Old     (jambor07)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-04-2009, 8:13 AM Reply   
There should be instructions in the box that your PB's came in. To mold mine I put them in the oven at like 200-250 degrees for like 10 minutes, then immediately strapped them on and walked around the house. I kept the liners on for about an hour or so just walking around the house.

I've also heard though that you can just wear the liners around the house for a whole day and that will be enough to mold them to your feet.

Good luck!
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-04-2009, 8:14 AM Reply   
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+mold+slingshot+bindings

check the link
Old    Slingshot            03-04-2009, 8:35 AM Reply   
Hey Jon, put the oven at 200 deg, put the liners on a cookie sheet, let them sit in there for 10-15 min (I wait for 13 min). This is easier when the boots are not mounted on the board. Take one out at a time, put your foot in it and tighten it down tight, then do the same with the other boot. Walk around the house for 10 min with the boots on and you will be good to go!
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-04-2009, 8:38 AM Reply   
one thing I found out by accident is that my old 07 boots, the tongue came out... and I actually felt like the boot fit better without the boot tongue.

Hands down, once molded, these are the warmest boots in the winter! I even wear the liners on the boat between sets to keep my feet warm.

-S
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-04-2009, 12:39 PM Reply   
Are they even worth molding? Mine are really comfortable as they are.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-04-2009, 12:47 PM Reply   
I never molded mine, and they are fine. I dont think it is necessary.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-04-2009, 1:54 PM Reply   
I love the little toe grooves I have for mine after molding, but I got mine a size too small so the heat molding helps make room.
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-04-2009, 2:32 PM Reply   
Maybe I'll get bored and mold them in the summer. But I haven't even had the chance to ride them yet with all of this ice.
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-04-2009, 4:03 PM Reply   
thanks for the help guys
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-06-2009, 9:03 AM Reply   
The great thing about the heat molding process is that over time you boots will get older and loosen up. Which sucks....

But, put those liners in the oven and let them bake. Pop them out and now you have a fresh pair of old boots for your upcoming season year after year after year, until they just completely blow up...
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-07-2009, 12:08 PM Reply   
lol...
Old    59yroldkid            03-07-2009, 2:19 PM Reply   
I got mine about 14 months ago and never did mold them. The sales rep told me that I was getting a size too big, but I didn't believe him. So far, I've never lost them although they loosen up a bit on my hardest falls.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-08-2009, 11:11 AM Reply   
*begin hijack* Couple heat molding questions. Has anyone noticed the molding feeling weird once they put the boots on the board (due to them being molded when they werent on the board)? And flexnwake, do you mean that you can mould the liners multiple times, and does this work with most liners? *end hijack*