Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-23-2009, 6:57 AM Reply   
Sorry for the triple post guys, but I have another update.

Right now I'm studying for an exam in my Intro to Film class (which despite previous thoughts, the textbook is actually a really good read... should have been reading it before now...). Once I have that finished around 1 today, I'm going to take the envelopes that I have packaged up (around 15-16, to the post office and send those out. I have to get more ink for my printer so that I can finish up printing out the DVD covers, get those cut up, and then put into the DVDs. Once I have that done, and all of the labels on the DVDs, I'll finish packaging the videos and will send more out tomorrow. Hopefully I can have the vast majority of the videos sent out by Wednesday, with only the late orders left over to send out.

I have the entire first page of orders finished (read: ready to ship/shipped out), so that means about 40 people on just that page will have their copies of the video by the end of the week, if they don't already. Everyone who ordered 3 should have gotten their DVDs. If you haven't, PM me and let me know, and I'll see what happened. The possibility exists that I may have put the wrong zip code on the shipping label, so we'll check that out.

Other than that, I'm very close to having all of your orders out. Sorry about the delays, I was trying to get all of the videos out before March so that you guys would have new videos to watch since no professional ones were released here during the winter, save for Funboots I believe, and that was a wakeskating video.

I hope everyone who has a copy so far enjoys it, and that it has been watched more than once, since generally if you enjoyed it enough to watch it more than one time, I did something right.

If you did like it, you can look forward to another VT Wake production next year, where we have a bunch of new riders, as well as some more Smith Mountain Lake locals to put into the video. It's going to be longer than this one, and is going to have a ton of footage. I also promise that the camera will be less shaky this time, and that there will be more slider stuff.
Old     (jeffcanary62)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-23-2009, 8:08 AM Reply   
Thanks for the support everyone.

A big thanks to everyone who is donating to the project.
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-23-2009, 9:16 PM Reply   
Nick, please stop apologizing! This is an awesome thing you are doing for everybody, and you're donating your own time, effort, and money to do it. No one getting a free DVD from you should have anything to complain about. Thanks again for doing this, I'm really looking forward to my copy after all this build up.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-23-2009, 9:51 PM Reply   
I can't help it Lou!
I can't help it Lou!

Oh yeah, and you're copy is lurking either here, or in the other box of 100 unfinished DVDs. That box of DVDs still needs to have labels placed oon them before they can be shipped, but that'll happen tomorrow. I should actually be able to finally get all of the DVDs that need to be shipped put together tomorrow, and then a pretty big batch of them sent out tomorrow as well.

I just sent out somewhere around 34 DVDs today, mostly singles, with a few doubles. A bunch of you should have them in the next three days.

Pictures? HERE!

Upload
Upload

(Message edited by wakeboardern1 on February 23, 2009)
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-24-2009, 9:45 AM Reply   
So... are you putting a little extra salt in the DVD's that are going to the colder climates? :-)

Thanks for doing this and I'm waiting patiently for mine to show up!
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-24-2009, 9:14 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-24-2009, 9:22 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, that's around 90 orders.... Every order that has been made for the video is now officially filled, save for two, which were lacking addresses. One of the people I can't get into touch with, the other I'll email later...

Another thing, for those of you who get packages with doubles and the larger yellow packages with only one DVD in them, you need to check the DVD itself and make sure that the label isn't hanging over the edge. My help today kinda ignored the one stipulation I had in relation to sticking the labels on the DVDs, and that is making sure that the label doesn't hang over the edge, since it won't play like that. Just check it out, make sure it isn't hanging over, and if it is, you can either peel it off and put it back on more centered, or just toss it and leave it as a blank white DVD.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-25-2009, 2:36 AM Reply   
Nick, mine never came and I was one of the first ones on the list. Do you have any left?
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-25-2009, 5:10 AM Reply   
Same here Nick.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-25-2009, 5:20 AM Reply   
hey nick any word if i got on the list??
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-25-2009, 5:39 AM Reply   
Sick looking Avy Pootie.

Nick, if you ran out, no worries. Maybe someone can send me theirs after their done watching it.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-25-2009, 5:44 AM Reply   
Thanks Randy! Or someone make a copy and send it to me.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-25-2009, 7:05 AM Reply   
Rob, yours is coming. I'm looking for your name Randy, and I'm not seeing it. I have plenty of copies, so PM me your address ASAP and I'll get it shipped out today with the rest of them.

David, have you ordered one? If you did, PM me your name and address and I'll double check that you're on the list. If you are, one is coming in the next couple of days. If you aren't, one is coming in the next couple of days.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-25-2009, 7:19 AM Reply   
Thanks Nick. Just pm'd you.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-25-2009, 7:24 AM Reply   
Yeah, no problem. David, yours is labeled as well, and is just waiting to be shipped, which will happen later today.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-25-2009, 8:18 AM Reply   
Thanks Nick.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-25-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
NIck i havent gotten one yet and im pretty sure i was one the list in the early stages to??
just wondering if my name actually ended up on it???
Anyways im stoked to get the DVD
from what everyone has said its amazing
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-25-2009, 3:53 PM Reply   
Thanks Nick!
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-25-2009, 7:55 PM Reply   
All have been shipped. May take them a little longer than previous ones since I didn't use the little custom label thingy mabobber, and instead just stuck stamps on them (it was faster, 80 orders or something), so everyone should definitely have their copies by the middle of next week.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-25-2009, 8:14 PM Reply   
got it today nick and watched it awesome video man great work
Old     (tige21i)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-25-2009, 8:17 PM Reply   
ok, so there are still orders being shipped out i'm guessing? Because my friend ordered one a while before me and just got his a couple weeks ago.
Old     (element8456)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-25-2009, 8:18 PM Reply   
Thanks Nick got mine today! Awesome movie.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-25-2009, 8:32 PM Reply   
craig, yours went out today.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-25-2009, 11:10 PM Reply   
Thanks Nick. Waiting impatiently.
Old     (warwagon)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-26-2009, 9:03 PM Reply   
Thanks Nick!!! Got and watched mine today!!!

looks great!!!
Old     (rdmb)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-26-2009, 10:18 PM Reply   
Nick, got the video today and watched about half of it. You did a great job...makes me want to take a road trip. How did you get the camera angle at 1:16+. It almost looks like the camera is following the rider in a helicopter or plane. Thank$
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-26-2009, 10:35 PM Reply   
Was the shot of a guy in a wakeworld jersey doing a switch bs 180? If so, then oh yeah, the perks of being 6'5" and standing up over the tower of the chaseboat.
Old     (tige21i)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-26-2009, 10:42 PM Reply   
sweet, everyone is saying how awesome this video is.
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-27-2009, 8:41 AM Reply   
This is dedication, I can't wait to get my copy, thanks again!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-27-2009, 9:16 AM Reply   
Nick, just got my vids today. Thanks a bunch man! Can't wait to pop it in!
Old     (aidansdad)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-27-2009, 11:22 AM Reply   
Got mine Today. Thanks Nick. Now to grab a beverage and pop it in the DVD player...
Old    mobster            02-27-2009, 5:36 PM Reply   
Thank You Nick got mine today so stoked on it great Job that's alot of work Will send you a copy of Wake UP The Wake Surfing movie after pressing Thanks again JL mobgroup.tv
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-27-2009, 6:34 PM Reply   
Just got mine. Thanks! That's awesome man.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-27-2009, 11:38 PM Reply   
Thanks Nick. Very cool of you to do this. Got mine today. Great stuff. Thanks for sharing your stoke.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-28-2009, 12:34 AM Reply   
Nick!! I just got my copy tonight... stoked to check it out.

Thanks again for doing this...

By chance are you going to have it available on "beta" anytime soon!
Old     (wakevb)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-28-2009, 6:08 AM Reply   
Yo Nick,the video is killer man, I came home to find it in the mailbox last night and popped it right in. I appreciate your hard work and adding some stoke to my winter. I can't imagine the time you spent on this project man! Anytime you may be down in VB, hit me up, you can always get a pull with us.

C
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-28-2009, 6:17 AM Reply   
Got mine Nick. Thanks for sharing. We've been up to SML renting a house for a week for 3 years running now and have a place reserved for this year. Love that lake.
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-28-2009, 9:38 AM Reply   
Received mine in the mail yesterday and watched it last night. Very good video, thanks again!
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-28-2009, 3:55 PM Reply   
Nick, great video and the music selection fit well. I will pass it along to all the riders here in DFW for you!
Old     (mastercraft_98)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-01-2009, 6:15 AM Reply   
Thanks for the great dvd
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-01-2009, 9:04 AM Reply   
Nick, I got mine in the mail yesterday. Awesome video!
Old     (kvoman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-02-2009, 6:36 AM Reply   
Nick - Got ours on Friday. Thank you, great video, we all were watching the video and got all excited about summer gain.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-02-2009, 6:52 AM Reply   
Hey guys, thanks for the good reviews, glad that you like it.
Old     (jcas)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-02-2009, 7:00 AM Reply   
Got mine Friday. Great stuff Nick - Thanks again.