Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-19-2008, 7:13 AM Reply   
Well I picked up my 135 Lyman from PerfSki yesterday and when I was switching my bindings over from my subjekt I noticed that the hardware was too large. Anyone else have this problem? So in the end I did't get to demo the board and I'm not sure if the 135 is what I want to stick with.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-19-2008, 8:14 AM Reply   
What bindings?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-19-2008, 12:35 PM Reply   
if the bolts are too deep then you can sand them down if you have the equipment to do so.

some people use washers, that is another thing to consider

... that is, if this is your problem
Old     (jbarber3orange)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-19-2008, 1:08 PM Reply   
I put some Hyperlite 3DS's on my Lyman. I ordered the claws that are made to fit the Liquid Force boards off of buywake.com.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-19-2008, 3:01 PM Reply   
you shouldn't have a problem switching from one LF to another. You'll have to be more specific on "hardware was too large" for us to help.

The diameter and thread count of the inserts are the same as everyone else.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-21-2008, 9:42 AM Reply   
Hyperlite bolts are longer use washers or get shorter bolts. I had eras on my shane and had to do the same thing
Old     (sacmule)      Join Date: May 2007       03-21-2008, 11:57 AM Reply   
I have come across this when I put my HL 3DS bindings on my LF Watson. THe screw length was too long so I purchased four 1/4 x 20 new stainless steel screws at the hardware store. FOr me I believe the length was 1.25 inches, standards length for Hyperlite screws I believe is 1.5 inches. In the past I have also used a Dremel to shorten screws.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-21-2008, 1:09 PM Reply   
same problem when i put my Ron1x one bindings on my LF trip. Screws were too long. Used the screws I had from my rainbow bones set. they worked out perfect. On my girls board, i used 2 extra washers, worked fine.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-21-2008, 4:18 PM Reply   
Miguel, the trick with the ronix screws on lf boards is to flip the washer upside down.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-22-2008, 5:32 AM Reply   
Hi Tyler, if you putting Hyperlite screws on a Liquid board...you'll need shorter screws. If you come by the shop we can change them out for you...we have them in stock. Sorry the guys didn't ask on this.....but we can take are of it for you. Tell them I spoke to you on Wakeworld on this......or if you want them sent, email us at sales@perfski.com and we will put some in the mail for you. Sorry again they didn't ask you on this..but we will get you sorted out. Bill @ Performance.
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-22-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
The screws seemed too large in diameter so I just went back to perf ski and picked up a pair of 07 shanes to fix the problem lol. I needed a new set up so it was a good excuse to do so.