Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (suprafly08)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-01-2017, 6:30 PM Reply   
The SR is clearly their small boat.

But what is the difference between the SE, SA and SG

I recognize the difference in lengths. And the bow design. But is there one boat that is designed to be the superior surf boat? Is it just a difference of size and bow shape(picklefork vs blunted)?

The SA has the surf locker at the transom, so I'm wondering it that suggests that it is the superior surf boat.

For a SA is the 400 motor too anemic? I'm only at 300-400 feet above sea level.

I am really leaning toward an SE. But want to make sure I make the right decision.

Thanks all!
Old     (Cactus371)      Join Date: Jun 2014       05-02-2017, 2:21 AM Reply   
I just bought a 2017 SA just for the surf wave but u have to add the Enzo sacks if u want a really nice wave. I hear since the SE is bigger it is harder to sink to get a nice surf wave out of.
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       05-02-2017, 7:44 PM Reply   
The SE is awesome having extra room is nice that is for sure. It's kinda interesting the SG and SE have the same hull from the driver back, the SE has a bigger front section that is a pickle fork and it has 1 foot extra. I am running a custom bag and some extra lead it makes a massive wave and it's super long.

Might be hard to see in the picture you can see how the front of the SE bows out a bit.

Last edited by Davewfo; 05-02-2017 at 7:47 PM.
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       05-02-2017, 8:01 PM Reply   
All of them surf really well , I'm slightly inexperienced with the SG but have seen photos and video of the wave and it looks great. I've spent a lot of time on a buddies SA and I've personally owned 2 SEs and just took delivery of my 3rd. I think that the SE & SA have pretty comparable surf waves stock. I think it comes down to space and what size of boat fits your needs the best. I run my SE pretty heavy with some lead scattered around the boat and makes for a pretty fun wave. Here's a couple shots of the wave.
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       05-02-2017, 8:32 PM Reply   
Here is a shot of Dan's SG from the W.E.S.T group.

Great video from the Wake 9 Polar Bear event as well.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UqGwWulG2mY