Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (norcal72)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-14-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
Well after a couple weeks of getting the new bag installed we took out the boat with the new custom sac from fly high. This bag added about 1500 lbs of weight and the wake was awesome. I dont know if the pictures do it justice but this wake IMO is perfect. I will try to get some better pictures next time. Thanks for everyone who helped me work out the kinks. You know who you are.Upload
Upload
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       05-14-2006, 8:59 PM Reply   
Marc,
Sweet wake, where were you riding. How fast and what other ballast did you use?
Old     (norcal72)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-15-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
Thanks Dennis. We were up at Rollins lake camping for the weekend. That was 11 mph and the enzo sac full. No other ballast. We did have 7 people in the boat though. The switchblade was not deployed in these pictures. I am still messing with the switchblade and trying different positions.
Old    surfdad            05-15-2006, 8:12 AM Reply   
That is a very clean looking wake Marc! I'm liking that a LOT. I would encourage you to post the trials and tribulations you went through in getting that Fat Sac installed and operational. I'm sure there are folks contemplating the addition of that sac and knowing what it entails would help folks make an informed decision.

OH! BTW where is our invite?! :-)
Old    dave_jessup            07-11-2006, 2:21 PM Reply   
I bought a 2004 enzo recently and just got the custom sack from the owner. Do you install both factory ballast's on the other side of the boat?
Old    4sher            07-11-2006, 3:13 PM Reply   
Dave,

You will want to remove the factory ballast tank on the port side of the boat and replace it with the sac. You leave the starboard side alone. The tank has two hoses (fill and overflow) and has a pump screwed into the side. Screw the pump into the hole at the end of the bag and attach the hoses to the two holes in the top of the bag. If the hoses don't reach, go to Home Depot and get some hose clamps, barbbed fittings and some extra hose. That's it.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-12-2006, 12:16 AM Reply   
Hey Mark - I haven't seen you on Lk. Samm this season yet. You might have seen Troy this last weekend, he was heading out to surf on Sunday.

Since this custom sac is now around, have you reduced the number of lead bars you are putting in the boat? Just curious the difference between water and lead on the shape of the wake.

If you see us out there, stop by and say hi.

-Laci
Old    dave_jessup            07-12-2006, 7:17 AM Reply   
Thanks a lot for the help and prompt reply mark. If we want more ballast on the starboard is it possible to hook up both factory tanks in a line? Or better to just replace starboard side with a bigger bag as well?
This site and discussion board has been really helpful thanks again to everyone.
Old    4sher            07-12-2006, 8:55 AM Reply   
Laci-

We've been surfing pretty much every day for the last few months. Mostly in the evening. Last night we had killer water in the north end.

Dave-
I don't think you would be able to drain the tanks if you hooked them to each other. You would probably have to put a drain pump on each one.