Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (dre7ams)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-12-2008, 1:32 PM Reply   
just tried those boots today at Wakesports. a lot better than this year's boots. Baseless mounting system and new Intuition liner are so sick, light, and comfy. also much better fit. I tried also 09 liquid force watson and shane boots. but ronix boots are much better. I am going to move to the new boots from 08 Ronix One boots.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-12-2008, 2:03 PM Reply   
agreed that the new Ronix boots step it up. When the limiteds come out from LF you should try those on for sure.
here is a link to the watsonshttp://www.waterskis.com/Liquid-Force-Limited-Watson-Bindings-p/liquid_force_watson_ltd_2009.htm
They have the same baseless design. I tried them on at Expo and they really are sick
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-12-2008, 2:59 PM Reply   
LTD Watsons look soo sick. I'm so eager to try them out!
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-12-2008, 4:05 PM Reply   
Hey JB, are those ltd liquid force boots available to buy yet?! Can you buy them off of the website? I didnt know they were available yet, but if they are then the credit card is coming out!
Old     (midwesthouse)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-12-2008, 6:07 PM Reply   
Zach
Me and JB work at the same place. We have the limited stuff up for pre-order status. We don't expect them out until early next year (February some time). But trust me, they go fast so that's why we allow pre-orders.
Old     (seven20)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-26-2008, 8:15 AM Reply   
Isn't the baseless design basically going back to what previous boots had? It appears that way in pictures, I haven't seen them in person..
Old     (jaka)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-28-2008, 3:51 AM Reply   
Sorry for hijacking this thread. I just want to know,what is the main difference between Shane and Watson bindnigs?Wich are more loose? Oh,and do only limited series come with those air pockets?
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-28-2008, 4:03 AM Reply   
Only LTDs have the "air pockets" and i believe the major difference is the the Watsons are a stiffer boot were as the shanes have a little more flex in them for tweaking out those grabs.
Old    sdahockey21            11-28-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
I love the new Ronix, 09 is it!
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-28-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
Why are the Kai boots cheaper than all of the other closed toe Ronix boots?
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-28-2008, 9:32 AM Reply   
If i remember right, the Kai's don't have the heat moldable Intuition liner, and that's the reasoning for the cost differential.
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-28-2008, 7:55 PM Reply   
they also have a less cushy footbed (no gel pad underneath) and they don't have the ankle harness which ronix calls the "feetbelt". but still an awesome boot and a great value for $299
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-28-2008, 8:11 PM Reply   
Has any one tried on the Franks? I don't really like the way they look, but I really want the boots to match the board I will be getting. I'm weird about stuff like that.
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-28-2008, 8:21 PM Reply   
justin, they're probably the best open toed boot ive ever used. very supportive, super comfy, and easy to get in and out of. i dont think anyone can go wrong with 09 ronix bindings
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-28-2008, 8:48 PM Reply   
Seven, you are correct. All wake boots five years ago used this "baseless" design. The term makes no sense, as there is a base. All that has been done is the center part under the boot has been removed. The plate itself is exactly the same except for the use of the new six inch plate design.
The boots are awesome, but the technology was already in place.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-29-2008, 12:00 PM Reply   
bases were getting bent and stuff years before --> then came the stiffy plates and bones --> then came thicker beefier plates ---> now that materials are better and the base is not so blasted wide they can now go back to baseless and get rid of the weight and add a bit more responsive feel between rider and board

and thus we come full circle, but at the same time find ourselves in a new era too. The same happened with closed-toe boot tech, four hole mounting, multi fins, and some might even add flex into the category too.

you may not teach an old dog new tricks BUT for sure you can teach old tech new tricks

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

as for the LF limited 09 boots... i think i remember hearing on another thread that they plan to make that ltd footbed the standard on all footbeds for 2010?? If i am right, then you LF fans should be quick to get your 2010 gear a year early

(Message edited by wakerider111 on November 29, 2008)
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-29-2008, 12:06 PM Reply   
I like the limited vantage. They look pretty sick. I've never worn any boots with the velcro straps. If they are stiff I will probably check into them.
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-29-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
I just rode the new Relix (Park's Boot)... I have never had such a good feel of a boot and boot to board feeling. I am totally pushing that boot. I like the lower height, the light weight, the locking system, and the overall tightness - without cutting off blood flow. Great job RONIX.