Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (andrefish)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-27-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
Alright, so I've never had the privilege of owning a pair of boots that actually fit me well. My shoe size is around a 9.5, but leaning more towards a 10. I just got in the 07 LF Sphynx boots I ordered in a size 9-10 and they feel a little too tight for me. Before I exchange them for the next size up, I pose this question: How exactly should bindings fit anyways? What should they feel like? Again, the ones I always end up with are either way too big or way too small. Comments on boot choice and proper size appreciated!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-27-2008, 10:44 AM Reply   
Usually out of the box they are going to be stiff and borderline uncomfortable. The material needs to be stretched out and this can only be done by wearing them and breaking them into your feet. A few sets of sacrificial foot pain often break a boot down to optimal comfort level. Get em in some hot water, walk around and work em in like a new baseball glove.
Old     (andrefish)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-27-2008, 10:52 AM Reply   
Alright. I just want to be sure I don't need the next size up (a lot of money)
Old    thebiggmann            06-27-2008, 11:23 AM Reply   
Sorry for the hijack, but maybe this will help andrew too. What do you guys do to heat fit them? I've heard put your feet in a tub with really hot water. Is that what you do? Or is there something else/more to it?