Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-19-2009, 6:50 PM Reply   
so today we went to the lake to wakeboard a lil bit. as we were getting ready to start riding a boat went by with a guy wakeboarding... no big deal right??? except we get around the corner they arent riding anymore. they begin to tube through the smoothest water on the lake. cut in front of us and circle and plow... having a merry old time. i dont understand.... they couldnt go to the open bay where it is a lil more choppy?
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-19-2009, 7:03 PM Reply   
that sucks dude, i feel you.
i saw your home lake is pedro. was this where its at?

because pedro is pretty much always flat, its not hard at all to find glass. i wouldnt worry about it if it was there
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-19-2009, 7:13 PM Reply   
its hit and miss man. theres certain spots that are good but the wind is pretty bad sometimes. mcclure is better. just ridiculous that on a huge lake they tube in the flattest water. The guy that rode was doing tantrums and crows... you would think they would have a little courtesy not to cut us off.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-19-2009, 7:18 PM Reply   
where do you ride at pedro? at moccasin we have had nothing but ggood water. we dont go there offten, we are going saturday actually, and we have great water there, its easy to find. but i feel you. if your able to do tantrums and crows, you wouldnt even own a tube.

Not going to lie though, i tube every great while, you get some really funny looks when you go W2W on a tube. and if no one is around. hitting 45 on one is entertaining. but would never take good water if people where around
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-19-2009, 9:10 PM Reply   
Man I've gone to pedro three years in a row for 4 day camping trips and have never found glass, I need to go where you guys are going haha, I even got up at 6, still nothing D:
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-19-2009, 9:18 PM Reply   
ski course or by the waterfall
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-19-2009, 9:18 PM Reply   
or the canyons by mocassin
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-19-2009, 9:32 PM Reply   
Yeah, tubers suck. I hate them, you hate them. It takes no skill and any idiot with a boat. There is NOTHING we can do about it. It's like jetskis. The kind of people that are tubing will never read this our any other watersports board, so I don't bitch about it much. You will never educate that guy, they boat 5 times a year.

Focus on the guys running 3K ballast with beginners and pulling powerturns, or wakesurfers. Atleast those guys might be hear and listen.
Old     (jayroe65)      Join Date: Dec 2008       08-19-2009, 9:57 PM Reply   
Tubers are relentless, we went to a lake in the middle of no where and we were the only boat out there then when i got in the water out of no where tubers coming zig zaging through the line.