Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-14-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
Theres a 1991 ski centurion direct drive ski boat a few miles from where I live for a sale and Ive been looking for a ski nautique 2001 but I just thought I would ask if anyone knew anything about the kind of wakes these things have if I were to add weight and all that
thanks
Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-14-2007, 10:53 AM Reply   
I own a Centurion but I would pick the Nautique 2001 over the 1991 Centurion if you are looking for a wake specific boat. If you ski & need a crossover boat the Centurion will be a better bet. Honestly when weighed properly the 2001 is pretty hard to beat for an older direct drive boat. In the end it all boils down to what you want to do with it & condition.
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-14-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
Thanks carl, does anyone have any pictures of a dd centurion wake?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-14-2007, 12:52 PM Reply   
I too would take the 2002 over the Centurion without a doubt. Those things are bomb proof and throw one heck of a wake. The older Centurions ride really low in the nose so addiung weight and driving it wil be a little tricky. Not to say you don't have to watch the 2001 either, but another vote from me for the 2001. Also if you ever want to upgrade down the line the 2001 wil not be hard to sell. Will probably get your money back for sure where as the Centurion will be alot tougher to get rid of.
Old     (dangerboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-28-2007, 6:30 PM Reply   
i have a 89 2001 and love it, i am looking at selling it only because i want a new one but it will be like a kid leaving home