Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-20-2004, 9:12 AM Reply   
I strained my MCL 3 weeks ago on a crash on a simple hs w2w jump. It is just a Grade 1 strain, nothing too serious. The doctor told me I'd be out for 2 weeks, which I could handle. I started physio immediately, and I told the physiotherapist what the doc told me - 2 weeks. He didn't disagree, and just said 'lets get started'. After 2 weeks, I told him it's not better yet, and he said 'I never told you it would be 2 weeks'. Then he said it would be another couple of weeks. I said that it better be fixed by then because I was leaving for a one week vacation where I'd be spending every day boarding. I'm now one week away from that vacation, and I can tell that it's not going to be ready. I also now have tendonitis, probably cause by compensating, or maybe from the other exercises I've been doing.

I'm getting really frustrated. If they had told me straight out it would be 6-8 weeks or whatever, I would have accepted that my season was over, and might not have planned the week getaway. Now I've got this vacation coming up, and I'm going to have to make a decision. Do I go anyway and see what happens, and if the knee blows again, the season is over anyway? Or do I keep the 4 week investment in physio, not board, and hope to still get a few weeks in Sept/Oct before the boat comes of the water?

How long have you guys been out with MCL strain? After 4 weeks, should I be close to recovery?