Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-04-2014, 12:43 AM Reply   
We have surfed on and off through the winter, but mostly RJ and I and maybe Thomas doing some testing or something along those lines, but we got a chance to get out as a family on the weekend of 3/21, it was a beautiful day. It is sad we still need a bunch of rain, but we just had 2 storms and even more snow on the ground. I live only 15 mins north of the Lime Saddle marina on Lake Oroville.

The great thing about Oroville, is as long as you can launch, you will have a great day. It is so big and so deep, and so many fingers, plenty of room to surf. Also, the lower it is, the less people come out.

Thomas is now a JR Team Rider with Chaos/Shredstixx, he has always loved that Nano board, but the new Skywalker is not only great looking, but it is so much fun watching my kids advance.

Maddie is expecting a new board from Day 1, she won it from the EWT tour, she can't wait for that.

Jesse is probably going to want a new board, she can basically surf anything now. She was trunking it in 55 degree water, and didn't want to come in, she just kept going and it was freezing! As a dad, you gotta love that.

RJ has been riding Soulcraft boards for a while, but never sponsored. Nothing has really changed but RJ has a uniquely shaped board and it was a hit with people at the Polar Bear so Jeff has decided to make it its own shape and we got to name it, which is very cool. So I guess that makes RJ a team rider for SC, but he intends to still try out and play on many boards. Jeff is a great guy and we have enjoyed our relationship. Still always willing to help people ride whatever it is they love.

Oh, and the name of RJs board shape will be "AFK". If you are a software developer, you probably know what that is. ;-)