Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bltcollins)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-09-2010, 5:18 PM Reply   
My 08 absolute got ripped off from my boat a couple weeks back so I was in the market for a new board. Don’t have tons of money to spend so was looking mostly at 09s since you can find really good deals on clearance. Ultimately, I decided to get an 09 Lyman 143 off of Evogear.com. I planned to couple this with the 09 Transits.

Decided better check eBay and found a pair of brand new 08s for really cheap, $60 shipped. Heard good things about them so I picked them up. So I’m sure some of you already know my dilemma. The 08s and 09s had different length hole patterns, that I’m not sure I completely understand. Long story short I have one stance width option at this point with the pro plates that came with the bindings. Might be okay, just got it yesterday and haven’t actually rode it, but would like to know what options I have to at least give me a couple different choices when it comes to setting up my stance. Not concerned with angles, got that figured out.

So it seems like they have some retro clamps, whatever, that will take the smaller 6” plates to the larger hole patterns but is there anything I can do to do just the opposite, i.e. can I fit the 6” plates on my 08 transits? Something else? I did a lot of searching on these forums, internet, etc. and I’m still a little confused. I found some si replacement plates that look like they could potentially work but don’t want to purchase without being a 100% sure. Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       07-10-2010, 5:12 AM Reply   
The plates will swap, at least on the LF 08 and 09 bindings in my family they are interchangable (09 Shanes, 08 Cabs, 08 Watsons).