Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    wanksta            02-23-2003, 7:23 AM Reply   
I am going to order a 2003 Super Air Nautique. The dealer told me that the boat on a tandem-axle Ramlin trailer requires 83" of clearance to fit into the garage (designed that way since standard garages are 84").

The garage at my place is only about 81.5" high. Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to get it to fit? All I need is to lower it an inch and a half! Can I have smaller wheels put on the trailer? Hydraulics? I could possibly order a different tower that folds lower, but I really like the FCT.

Any ideas? I would really like to put this thing in my garage.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-23-2003, 7:30 AM Reply   
remodel the garage ;)
Old    gotpwr            02-23-2003, 8:47 AM Reply   
I just went out in my garage and measured my '00 Air w/FCT on a Prestige Tandem axle and it comes in right at 80". Either a Prestige trailer sits lower, or an Air is a shorter boat than a Super Air. See if the dealer can get you a different trailer. I believe Prestige trailers are made in Indiana. What dealer are you ordering the boat from?

(Message edited by gotpwr on February 23, 2003)
Old     (doubleup)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-23-2003, 9:01 AM Reply   
lower your trailer hitch
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-23-2003, 9:15 AM Reply   
Let the air out of the tires every time you park it. :-)
Old    wantboatnow            02-23-2003, 9:17 AM Reply   
You can always let some air out of the tires. It works for a friend of mine
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-23-2003, 9:25 AM Reply   
You can get your tower modified, although expensive, I've seen it done. The person had the rear leg lowered such that he could get it into this garage as well. He basically has a section removed by a certified welder. He did have to move the rear foot back a little to accomadate the shorter leg, which of course required gelcoat work. Expensive but, doable.
Another option would be to see if you can get a custom trailer made which would lower the boat onto the trailer to meet your needs.
Or have a contractor come out and cut your garage door opening to accomadate the height and then add another door section to your existing garage door.

About all the options which I can think of.

Chris
get the grip you deserve
www.wakejunky.com

Also for sale
http://home.surewest.net/cfoye/96SportNautique/96SportNautique.htm
Old    wakelvr            02-23-2003, 10:09 AM Reply   
Matt: Was that 83 inches with the trailer/jack lowered as low as it can go? Try backing it into the garage as far as it will go and then releasing it from your pull vehicle, lower the jack as far as it will go, and pushing it in the rest of the way.

My husband sometimes has to hang on the tower of our x9 while I back it to get it to clear our garage, I think that helps like an inch or so.

good luck.
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-23-2003, 11:44 AM Reply   
Try low profile tires, or contact Ramlin for their thoughts. I believe the tires will get you your 1.5 inches. Also, you may be able to make it by just lowering the tongue jack. That's what I was told when I was looking at the Super Air.

I was going to have low profile tires on my new single axle BoatMate trailer, but I ordered the 5,200 lb. axle. The low profile tires are not rated for that much weight.

Instead, Owen at BoatMate lowered the entire trailer and added prop guard rollers. BoatMate trailers are awesome, and they don't use wood! They can also build for Nautique.
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-23-2003, 12:25 PM Reply   
Matt: If I was you I would ask the local dealership (if they have a 03 in stock) to bring it to your home and see if it will fit. Any dealership that is worth anything will do this for you before you buy it.
Old     (bmblbee)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-23-2003, 5:04 PM Reply   
I think Rod has the right approach. If you "must" put it in the garage (I would if it were my boat) get the dealer to take to time and effort to help you find a way to make it fit. With the price of a new boat being what it is the last thing you should need to worry about is whether it will fit in your garage.

How is the depth of the garage? Any issues with getting it in with the deck on?

Hope it works out for you.
Old    wanksta            02-24-2003, 4:29 AM Reply   
Does anybody have a 02-03 Super Air on a different trailer (other than Ram-lin)? What do they require for clearance? Maybe Prestige trailers do sit lower than Ram-lin.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-24-2003, 7:03 AM Reply   
Matt, yes, I have a '03 210 on a boatmate trailer. They are located in Eastern Tenn. If you want Contacts/specifics, let me know here and I will hook you up.

I agree with BT, I just picked up my Tandem axle for my 210 and it is incredible!! Owen at Boatmate did a great job, Thanks Owen! I am going to post pics soon.

I didn't however, purchase Boatmate because it is lower to the ground.

I had similar issues and this is how I got around it. Instead of picking up a team edition, I went with the Limited and purchased a Boss Belmont Tower customized to fit inside the garage. The FCT is around 9 inches above the top of the windshield, while a customized Boss Belmont is around 4 inches above the windshield. I say customized, cause if you don't specify a custom job, the Belmont is 1.5 ft. over the windshield. I can post pics of the customized tower too, but its going to take me a few days. Gotta borrow a digital from the inlaws.

(Message edited by eljefepequeno on February 24, 2003)
Old    steveb7            02-24-2003, 7:50 AM Reply   
Boatmate did an awesome job w/ my trailer as well. I had a different issue, mine was length and they were able to add a swing away tongue to my existing trailer and they did an excelent job.