Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    wakeboard_iraq            08-06-2004, 7:50 PM Reply   
So I kept our expedition on Camp Pendleton a secret long enough (as promised). The trailer has finally come to life and you should all take a look - I guarantee you have never seen anything like it before.

Also, Alliance wakeboard mag just did a story and 9 pages on the week long trip - you should check it out.

Here is the link:

http://www.dangvu.com/shock_and_awe/

(Message edited by Wakeboard Iraq on August 06, 2004)

Old    wakeboard_iraq            08-06-2004, 7:55 PM Reply   
If you cant click on the link to get it to work - find the thread entitled "Alliance artcile" - for some reason that one works better although they are the exact same. This one is just not a hyperlink for some reason
Old    wakeboard_iraq            08-07-2004, 8:21 PM Reply   
Anybody look at this?
Old    vance            08-07-2004, 8:55 PM Reply   
damn. haha that was awesome!
Old    ricktrav            08-08-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
that's one of the coolest things i have ever seen.more tax $$$$ should be spent on wakeboarding
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-08-2004, 11:57 AM Reply   
looks like it's going to be pretty cool...}
Old    wakeboard_iraq            08-08-2004, 7:23 PM Reply   
I think it will be one of the best videos out there. As far as the tax $$$$ goes, I coordinated with other units that were already training in the area - so basically, very little money was spent on the video - we just piggy backed off of training that was already being done
Old    aquadocs            08-09-2004, 9:42 AM Reply   
very cool, cant wait!!
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-10-2004, 9:34 AM Reply   
Yeah Jim I can't get the link to work. Then I went to the Alliance site and I can't find it.

Jim so how have things been? We miss you out on the backwater. We were out this weekend and your name came up. When you going to come out and join us again? Hey I have a Delta trip coming up on Labor Day weekend. We have room "hint hint"

PS I saw Nathan's board for the first time, all those autographs are awasome!

(Message edited by rock_n_boardin on August 10, 2004)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-10-2004, 11:00 AM Reply   
bummer, it's not working for me.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-10-2004, 11:30 AM Reply   
I'm just glad my tax dollars are going to something useful!!!! Neat video Jim.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            08-10-2004, 10:14 PM Reply   
jonathan and cort, I just sent you the link directly to your email accounts - hopefully it works. Some people just cant get it to start though - they get to the home page then nothing. It requires quicktime if that helps.

Jonathan, when is labor day?? haha. I'm almost done with the nightmare house (another 7 to 10 days) and have another closing escrow in 5 but it should not be so bad on that one. Give me the details and I'll let you know asap. Did you get the Alliance wakeboard mag? They did 9 pages on the week.

Jim
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-11-2004, 4:19 PM Reply   
Looks simply insane!
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-11-2004, 4:38 PM Reply   
Just sent you an e-mail Jim about the Delta!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-11-2004, 4:44 PM Reply   
When does the video come out?
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-11-2004, 4:45 PM Reply   
I think it said sometime this winter.
Old     (512boarder)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-11-2004, 9:51 PM Reply   
i just read the alliance mag article and that looks totally sweet!!!, it must have been exciting meeting all those pros and then more exciting to have a picture of you boarding in there too! way to go man
Old     (shewakes)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-12-2004, 7:18 AM Reply   
That video clip was so sweet! Everything just flowed so sick together. I can't wait for it to come out on video.
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-14-2004, 1:05 AM Reply   
VERY VERY VERY COOL :-) Nice to see some trick military hardware and cool to see some marines exposed to a our sport. Probably have to fight the glare from all those shinny skulls on the bay soon :-) And awesome that you could even get this done and down on video. Will there be a Carlsbad premier?
Old    db32            08-17-2004, 2:51 PM Reply   
Jim will you email me that video also, I can't get it to play either.

Thanks,
DB
Old    wakeboard_iraq            08-20-2004, 9:21 PM Reply   
Nick,

thanks for the props on the article. It really came out fantastic I think. Was a little surprised that they put a pic of me riding (it is not difficult to see which rider is in fact NOT a pro haha). Riding in the surf being pulled by a PWC was nearly impossible!

It was a great time meeting all of the pro's. They were really nice and down to earth - just normal guys. We all hung out on the beach together, everybody went to dinner one night. Parks and Watson each gave me their boards and Sharp gave his board to Gunny Fant (in the article).

In the end - it was simply a blast!

David, I emailed you the link.