Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (MidwestStudmuffin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-14-2016, 9:59 AM Reply   
Hey guys so my board finally died at the end of last season and I am needing a new one. I am looking between a 15+ Ronix one and the Slingshot Blue Pill. I'd like a board I can go out and go huge then come down nice and soft that won't try to kill me if I come down a little funny. It would also be awesome if it is tons of fun to more or less cruise around on at the end of the day when everyone is tired. I have been wakeboarding for 10 years or so now and weigh a tad under 200lbs. The two local shops here each carry either slingshot or Ronix so testing both unfortunately is not an option unless I want to throw down $100 at each shop to do so and lose that money. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old     (MidwestStudmuffin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-14-2016, 10:14 AM Reply   
Forget to mention this will 95% be behind a boat (2006 malibu LSV) we just got a cable here but I don't think I will use it much if ever.
Old     (Goonz)      Join Date: Sep 2012       05-15-2016, 6:50 AM Reply   
Ronix One! Timebomb if you have the budget.
Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       05-15-2016, 7:20 PM Reply   
From my experience the One boosts up a lot more than the pill but the pill was sending me further out. I have only ridden the pill a few times so maybe my technique didn't suit the flex very well but I was going a lot higher on the One. The pill was more of an arcing pop, the one was more abrupt.
As far as fun goes. the pill is looser and I found better for slides and surface stuff but still locked in on edge but maybe just not as hard as the one.

My preference would be the One
Old     (MidwestStudmuffin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-18-2016, 8:41 PM Reply   
Thanks guys!
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       05-24-2016, 7:21 AM Reply   
My preference between the 2 would also be the One if you're able to get the Timebomb. That's what I went with of the same 2 you speak of. With that said...you may also want to look at the new Hyperlite Murray board. They have great pop, soft landings and are tons of fun! Designed to ride a touch bigger than your normal size.