Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-08-2005, 4:38 PM Reply   
Are there any tips for getting out of the water on a wakeskate?
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-08-2005, 4:59 PM Reply   
Dock start
or
Lean back like on a wakeboard with your feet above the water, resting on the near edge of your skate. As soon as there is some tension in the rope, the skate will snap up against your feet. Adjust the board to your preference and have the driver hit it. Getting up from this point is just like on a wakeboard. Keep the knees bent until you are planing.
or
Place the board under your feet in the water perpendicular to the boat line. Once the boat begins to pull, slightly angle your feet upward at the ankle & the boat should pull you right up and out and on top of the water. Again, keep the knees bent well until you are planing.

Once you start skating, you may never wear bindings again...
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-08-2005, 5:07 PM Reply   
thanks man
Old     (madmel)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-11-2005, 3:13 PM Reply   
I tried wakeskating before I tried wakeboarding. I should have done it the other way round. However I personally found it easier learning to stand up leaning back in the water rather than a dock start. I now swap between wakeboarding and wakeskating to add variation.}}}