Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (riderx77)      Join Date: May 2001       03-08-2004, 9:31 AM Reply   
I bought a 99 super air and it has one piece hatch over the engine and storage compartments that is operated by a hydraulic piston. I’m removing the stock hard tanks and putting in 640# sacks but I have some concern about this weight pressing against the piston or the piston pinching the sack. Has anyone dealt with this, built a frame around it, another solution or is it not a problem? Thanks in advance.

kb
Old    blind5            03-08-2004, 10:12 AM Reply   
Well, one problem is to much weight in the rear of the boat. the boat begans to popoise, and it makes it un-ridable. if you want two 640# sacks in the back you must load the front of your boat up.

As far as the actual sacks, i think that the frame idea would be best
Old     (riderx77)      Join Date: May 2001       03-08-2004, 10:37 AM Reply   
the plans are 640# on each side, a 550 in the locker and 250 in the bow. i've run the same set up on a vlx and it works great.

kb
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-08-2004, 12:27 PM Reply   
I don't think that will be enough weight in the bow. Then again I'm not sure you could completely fill a 650 sack in the locker.
Old    airchairman1            03-08-2004, 3:21 PM Reply   
You guys are idiots. Can no one awnser the question that the guy ask. What kind of freakin morons are you? Don't respond if you can't awnser how stupid are the first two that awnsered. Anyway, to help you out. My old Malibu VLX had a hydrolic piston like you are talking about. I just took the entire thing off because I was worried about it busting the sac. I attached a piece of rope to the engine cover so that I could lift it up that way. It worked fine. As for the rest of the freakin around here if you don't know an awnser then shut the
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-08-2004, 3:39 PM Reply   
Try some decaf dude.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-08-2004, 3:43 PM Reply   
Oh and I think that is way too much weight for the back of a super air. They are very different from a VLX as far as weighting is concerned. I know a couple people with SAN TE and they run an extra 500 pounds in the front over factory ballast and don't always fully full the rear
Old     (freddyms)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-08-2004, 4:22 PM Reply   
hey kirk, i got a 95 super sport and i cut up a piece of flexable foam and wrapped it around the actuator. i`ve been using 3 640`s one on each side of the engine and the other in the ski locker with 200lbs of lead up in the very front. it doesn`t porpus at all. and the wake is sweet at 23mph
Old    airchairman1            03-08-2004, 4:37 PM Reply   
Hey Darren, are you that freakin stupid? You posted 2 times and didn't even begin to awnser the question that he ask. Typical of in inbred idiot.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-08-2004, 5:33 PM Reply   
Well "awnser" me this, if the questions he ask's reveales a possible problem he hasn't thought of should nobody point it out?
Old    blind5            03-08-2004, 8:26 PM Reply   
andrew why don't you stick to the air chair web site from now on. i think that i speak for the rest of us when i say: non of us really want you around.
You've only posted 2 times total and you can't even post something with out cussing all of us out. You can't even tell who the REAL idiot is
Old    mooch            03-08-2004, 9:15 PM Reply   
I am with you Rob.
Old     (riderx77)      Join Date: May 2001       03-09-2004, 4:21 AM Reply   
thanks, freddy. what length of line are you running at 23? i've been riding 23.7 at 75 or 24.5 at 80 on my friends vlx and am wondering how comparable the speed and length is. where did you get your flexible foam? my 'rents live in douglassville and i went out on alltoona with the williams (motox wife) two years back. L8
Old     (freddyms)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-09-2004, 1:53 PM Reply   
kirk 75 and 80 depends on how big my nads are that day. i have some extra foam if u ever back near allatoona
Old     (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-09-2004, 8:23 PM Reply   
I have a 99 and the 640 sacs are pretty big for the locker. Some may disagree but you'll probably be happier with 700-800 lbs total in the rear and as much or more in the bow. Best wake is when the boat sits bow heavy when it isn't moving. It gets a larger transition, still keeps a nice lip and gets rid of the trough outside the wake that can be a little rough to land in.

The actuator is rated to lift 1100-1300 lbs depending on what version you have so the pressure from the sack really won't do anything to it. Keep an eye on the floor bracket.

Of course, there is always Andrew's suggestion to use a rope....
Old    blind5            03-09-2004, 9:34 PM Reply   
Shawn, I do agree with you. I have a 2001 super air and i us the 400 lbs. stock tank in the back, a 700 lbs. locker sack about 200 underneath the seats, then a full boat of people.
Old     (snead)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-10-2004, 6:48 AM Reply   
This wasn't a discussion on how to weight a boat. I realize all of you can't wait to get you abicuses out and figure the proper weith ratio of the 99 nautique.

I think you need to try and get 2500 plus pounds in that beast. If you have a problen getting it to plane out, go but a new "High Altitude" prop. It will get you more tourque on the hole shot.
Old    blind5            03-11-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
it doesn't matter what kind of prop you have if you have 1300 lbs. in the back of a super air and non in the front it's going to porpoise. i understand that that was not the original question, i was just helping a fellow wakeboarder out. i wish someone would have told me that instead of learnig from experience