Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-07-2004, 9:34 PM Reply   
We were out testing a new bu, and i jumped in and finally got up the nerve to cut in hard, but I crashed :-( what am I doing worng, besides crashing??

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=10085

Any advice would be nice, thanks!!
Old     (mike_schwenne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-07-2004, 10:07 PM Reply   
There's actually a separate section for trick tips. I'll offer my input here anyways. It's a common misconception that the harder you cut the bigger you go. Rope tension built by a progressive edge gives you pop (height) and speed gives you distance. Shaun Murray’s got a cool instructional video that explains these basics in detail (Detention 1) Or you can check out West Coast Camps www.westcoastcamps.com and we'll walk you through all the fundamentals, and correct any bad techniques before they turn into habits. This is going to be the least painful recommendation I can make.

Mike Schwenne
www.westcoastcamps.com
www.thewakeboardcamp.com

Old    grampawakerider            03-07-2004, 10:25 PM Reply   
OK, I just watched the vid about 15 times. First it looks like your tow boat is turning. Go straight, it'll make the distance shorter and the other side will be easier to land on. Note yer wake is washed out on the other side. Second, check the thread titled "Behind A Bayliner" Lotsa good advice on this. Otherwise, vid looks like yer coming off your edge. RU trying w2w or single wake?
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-07-2004, 10:35 PM Reply   
I agree with mark.. it looks like the boat is turning.. so your wake looks wider than it should be and not the correct shape. I think it also looks like you are absorbing some of the wake as you hit it.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-07-2004, 10:37 PM Reply   
w2w, yea i noticed the boat was turrning, but its a very small lake, like 4 min from side to side. I've been tring to find a good way to get the whole line tension thing down with no luck, so I might be checkin you out mike for some wakeboard lessons
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-08-2004, 12:04 AM Reply   
In addition to Mike's comment, when you use a progressive edge you are accelerating up and through the wake on edge. Typically, when you pull way out and accelerate hard towards the wake, you are actually decelerating by the time you reach the top of the wake, not to mention coming off edge in your video.
Old    sublimed            03-08-2004, 3:03 AM Reply   
Besides the idea of progressive edging. I noticed from your video that you were leaning away from the wake during your approach, causing you to land heavy on your rear foot, then when you collaped too much, you slipped out.
i suggest you might want to load more on ur front foot and bring your hips forward more. this could prevent you from bad landings and injuries.