Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-21-2014, 6:36 AM Reply   
Saw that Cliff it was hilarious but he looks like a pretty young kid. Still funny stuff though.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-21-2014, 6:48 AM Reply   
He got something right. He's the best Corner in the NFL
Attached Images

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-21-2014, 6:53 AM Reply   
Teams that have gone to the Super Bowl with the #1 defense are 12-3

Teams that have gone to the Super Bowl with best scoring defense 6-0

QB's who've gone to the Super Bowl having lead the league in passing 0-4

Last defense to lead the league in total yards/passing yards/scoring...85 Chicago Bears
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-21-2014, 7:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
If folks on here think Seattle fans are going to be trolling for a fight with Bronco fans you're probably going to be dissapointed. We don't have any history with them, they're not whiny little bitches who make excuses for everyone of their losses and they're smart enough not to start smack talking with the best secondary in the NFL.
You don't? Not that long ago Seattle was in the AFC West with the Broncos.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-21-2014, 7:14 AM Reply   
Stats are just that stats, all comes down to game day where the team that wants it more wins.
Denver vs Seattle lifetime:
Denver Broncos lead series 34-19-0
Points Scored: Denver Broncos 1229, Seattle Seahawks 1042
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-21-2014, 7:16 AM Reply   
From the Huffington Post

What Richard Sherman Taught Us About America

Isaac Saul01/20/14 05:34 PM ET

"I'm the best corner[back] in the game. When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you going to get." --Richard Sherman

That's the quote that got America talking.

The man behind it was Seattle Seahawks all-pro defensive back Richard Sherman, a guy whose mouth is about the only thing louder than his game.

In the moments after Sherman's post-game interview, Twitter exploded. People called him everything from a "thug" to a "disgrace," and even Justin Verlander - a professional pitcher for the Detroit Tigers - suggested that Sherman would get "high and tight" fastballs if he were in the MLB. On top of that, tweets and memes like the one below spread like wildfire.

#Truth I can't stand him!! The reason why I hate the Seahawks! pic.twitter.com/2IECYsANaT

— Kelly Michelle (@kelly_MichelleJ) January 20, 2014
But from my perspective, the heat Sherman is getting is not just misguided but ludicrous. This is a guy who represents one of the best kinds of sports stories there is in the world: the rise from the bottom, the profound destruction of obstacles, the honest success story built by a foundation of hard work and loving parents. If anyone with a brain took the time to learn about Richard Sherman, and then put him in the context of the rest of the National Football League, he'd be a pretty hard guy to bash.

Firstly, we're talking about a 25-year-old who came out of the streets of Compton, California. Sherman graduated from one of the worst school districts in the United States, one that boasts a high-school graduation rate of 57 percent. In a country where 68 percent of all federal and state inmates are lacking a high school diploma, you could say Sherman avoided a horrifying fate. But to say he "got lucky" or "escaped" would be foolhardy. He didn't "just graduate," either. He finished with a 4.2 GPA, second in his class, and went on to Stanford University, one of the most prestigious places to get an education in the entire world. He busted out in a rocket ship. He went from a world of gang violence and drugs to everything that Palo Alto and Stanford University represent.

And where did Mr. Sherman get the work ethic to put up those grades and make it to a school that offers that kind of education? Probably from his father, Kevin, who has worked in the sanitation department for Los Angeles for more than thirty years. But you won't see that on Sherman's stat sheet, and you definitely won't hear about it when ESPN analysts comment on his post-game interview today. Most interesting, though, is that Sherman's story isn't a big secret. NFL Films has even done a short documentary on "the trash-talking cornerback."

So now, America, let's talk about Richard Sherman in the NFL. Let's talk about the Stanford graduate from Compton who has never been arrested, never cursed in a post-game interview, never been accused of being a dirty player, started his own charitable non-profit, and won an appeal in the only thing close to a smudge on his record.

This past off-season, 31 NFL players were arrested for everything from gun charges and driving under the Influence to murder.

Last year, Kansas City Chiefs player Javon Belcher killed Kasandra Perkins, his girlfriend and the mother of his own child, before taking his own life.

Week in and week out, we sit down in front of our televisions and cheer for these freak athletes to destroy each other's bodies in one of the most brutal games known to man. Most of us probably do it with a beer in our hand, screaming and cursing at our TVs in a desperate hope to change the outcome of the game. We ignore how the NFL's owners use our tax money so freely, and we don't seem to care much about the brain damage retired players suffer from every year.

Yet, when one kid who has overcome everything, one kid who was doubted by the very player he overcame on Sunday, decides to emphatically claim he is the best (by the way: he is), this is what upsets us? Man, could you imagine if this generation had to deal with Muhammad Ali?

Last night, when Richard Sherman went on his rant to Erin Andrews, most of America thought they were learning about the arrogance of another NFL player. But in reality, what Richard Sherman did was teach us about ourselves. He taught us that we're still a country that isn't ready for lower-class Americans from neighborhoods like Compton to succeed. We're still a country that can't decipher a person's character. But most of all, he taught us that no matter what you overcome in your life, we're still a country that can't accept someone if they're a little louder, a little prouder, or a little different from the people we surround ourselves with.

In the words of the great Richard Sherman, there is only one question: You mad, bro?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-21-2014, 7:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
Stats are just that stats, all comes down to game day where the team that wants it more wins.
Denver vs Seattle lifetime:
Denver Broncos lead series 34-19-0
Points Scored: Denver Broncos 1229, Seattle Seahawks 1042
LOL..its been so long Cliff has forgotten how much we hated them back in the AFC West. Hell me too so much so I became a psuedo fan (thanks Time Tebow). I've always loved Peyton Manning and believe him to be the best QB ever but make no mistake I still can't stand John Elway

The funny thing is that aside from the Seahawks, the Steelers were my second favorite team (distant second) because my family is all from there. Now I hate them!

Yep its official, I hate the Broncos.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-21-2014, 7:30 AM Reply   
LOL! See, I just had to dig deep enough to find your true feelings!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-21-2014, 7:36 AM Reply   
The real question is, is Sherman ready for the 5-10 club? 5 receivers with 10+ touchdowns each.
http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...s-five-10-club
The Broncos have five players who finished the regular season with at least 10 touchdowns. Five. No other team in league history has had more than three. Sherman can't be everywhere...
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-21-2014, 7:38 AM Reply   
Here's the list of records that the Broncos set this year (of course they would trade ALL of them for a Super Bowl win):
http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/1...peyton-manning
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-21-2014, 8:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Common opponents Jaguars,Texans,Colts,Titans and Giants.The Broncos beat the Texans by 14 more points than the Hawks.The Broncos beat the Titans by 31 more points than the Hawks. The Broncos scored 5 more points against the Colts than the Hawks.The Broncos beat the Giants by 18 more points than the Hawks.Let's not even get into how many more points the Broncos scored this season than the Hawks as it's not even in the same stratosphere!
Nice work actually making sense and posting, you know, football stuff.

But obviously you don't understand how the Seahawks are built vs. how the Broncos are built. The Seahawks game plan isn't built around scoring gaudy point numbers. It's built around defense and running with aggression and beating up an opposing D... shifting the game to their favor as the opponent wears down. Want an example? Look at Marshawn Lynch's yards on Sunday in the first half compared to the second half.
They make teams one dimensional... and then let their all-universe defense protect against that one dimension. Kinda like, you know, how Kaep had a fumble and two interceptions as the game was winding down.

Now, Manning is a whole different story than Kaep. But I've watched him flounder in playoff games before. Seattle has tools that match up extremely well with the kind of game Denver plays. Sherman is shutdown, but the Broncos have several talented receivers... it's a good thing that the rest of the Seattle secondary is unbelievably good as well. Their 2nd stringers would be starters on most teams. And with their speed rushers, Seattle has just the kind of pass rush that can give a great Denver front problems. And we all know Manning doesn't run. If Seattle can pressure him with a 3 or 4 man rush, they will win. If they can't get to him, he could dissect them... as he has done to teams all season. Except, like I said before... he hasn't faced a Defense as talented as Seattle all year. And Seattle has scored enough to win over several defenses better than Denvers.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-21-2014, 9:07 AM Reply   
should be a great matchup for sure. One thing is sure, Denver hasn't faced the best secondary in the league this year. I would guess we will see a lot of nickel with Walter Thurmond(would start for most if not all other teams in the NFL), Maxwell, Sherman, Kam and Earl. If the Hawks can get a pass rush with their 4 down lineman they could cause some major problems.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-21-2014, 9:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
should be a great matchup for sure. One thing is sure, Denver hasn't faced the best secondary in the league this year. I would guess we will see a lot of nickel with Walter Thurmond(would start for most if not all other teams in the NFL), Maxwell, Sherman, Kam and Earl. If the Hawks can get a pass rush with their 4 down lineman they could cause some major problems.
Ha! Which is pretty much what I said... only, better and with fewer words.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-21-2014, 9:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
You don't? Not that long ago Seattle was in the AFC West with the Broncos.
I'm aware of that. I wear my tattered 1999 AFC WEST Champs shirt every game for good luck. But let's be honest there isn't really any bad blood between the the two teams these days. The Niners game was epic due to a deep seated hatred of our biggest rivals. The Superbowl will be epic for the simple fact that the #1 offense is matching up against the #1 defense. I'm just excited to see how we match up against Manning and Co.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-21-2014, 11:48 AM Reply   
In the "super bowl" on the big stage vs Peyton Manning the "legend", I suspect the referees may not allow the LOB to hold/grab/tug on every pass play. This could really cramp Seattle's style. No 12th man and no holding makes Seattle's defense near average. And, as we know, Seattle's offense is currently average at best. IMO, Seattle's only chance is really bad weather and referees unwilling to call the game accurately.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-21-2014, 12:01 PM Reply   
I don't know too many Broncos fans that talk a lot of smack, we've been let down way too many times to be too cocky! Everyone I know didn't breathe easy until about 1:00 left in Sundays game!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-21-2014, 12:48 PM Reply   
I'm interested to see how many targets Big Perm Sherm will get.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-21-2014, 12:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
In the "super bowl" on the big stage vs Peyton Manning the "legend", I suspect the referees may not allow the LOB to hold/grab/tug on every pass play. This could really cramp Seattle's style. No 12th man and no holding makes Seattle's defense near average. And, as we know, Seattle's offense is currently average at best. IMO, Seattle's only chance is really bad weather and referees unwilling to call the game accurately.
The leauge will continue to allow chippy play simply because the fans love to watch it. Pick any game in the playoffs this year and you saw it. That and the fact that you're overlooking the ability of the rest of our D to reek havoc on an imobile qb.

Seattle's record shows they do just fine on the road.

As for the 12th man... you're aware that the game isn't going to be of limits to them correct? 18 thousand Seahawk ticket holders can and will be more of a distraction than you might think. They've made themselves rather obvious on the road this year.

As for our offense, we'll be going up against the ninteenth rated defense in the leauge not the elite teams we've come accustomed to going against past few weeks. I highly doubt Cable is going to keep Russell on his chain for this game either. I bet we see a lot more of the read option mixed with deep ball passes, especially with Percy back in the mix.

I truly believe Seattle is the bigger, faster, stronger, louder team. In the end one man isnt going to be able to pull off a miracle on his own just because his last name is Manning...

Last edited by seattle; 01-21-2014 at 12:53 PM.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-21-2014, 12:52 PM Reply   
GD, give up the "holding" argument. The one hold the 49ers got on Sherman was weak at best. Even Har-bag didn't complain about the refs after the game.

Pretty excited about this SB. Hawks finally get some decent competition. Kind of bored watching the Hawks destroy/crush "mediocre" teams. (Had to channel my inner Sherman for that smack talk)
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-21-2014, 1:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
GD, give up the "holding" argument. The one hold the 49ers got on Sherman was weak at best. Even Har-bag didn't complain about the refs after the game.

Pretty excited about this SB. Hawks finally get some decent competition. Kind of bored watching the Hawks destroy/crush "mediocre" teams. (Had to channel my inner Sherman for that smack talk)
No kidding. Constantly using the holding argument is such a cop out. Both teams get the same calls/non-calls... let it go. If you watch the Sea/SF matchup, there was plenty to gripe about... but it went both ways. Just watch the last important play of the game. You remember it, right? The one where Richard Sherman gets pushed in the back by Crabtree? But no one called it and Richard fought through it to make up the ground and make a career play to ice the game. Veteran receivers make those little pushes to create separation all the time. It's not legal, but I sure as heck don't want it called unless it's crazy-egregious. Same goes for Defensive holding and DPI. Let the players play and stop whining.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-21-2014, 1:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Kind of bored watching the Hawks destroy/crush "mediocre" teams. (Had to channel my inner Sherman for that smack talk)
You are confusing smack talk with stupid talk. Smack talk needs to have a basis of truth. Sherman knows this.

BTW, did you notice that Sherman got away with holding on one of Crabtree's catches. This is the only one I know about since the TV coverage spent time it and I have not reviewed the coaches film on nflrewind. Anyhow, I am willing to bet that there was holding on most every play and the refs did not call it unless KAP threw the ball. Pete Carrol deserves recognition for his exploitation of the referee mindset in the playoffs. I would like to see the Niners picking up this practice. Fight fire with fire.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-21-2014, 1:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
You are confusing smack talk with stupid talk. Smack talk needs to have a basis of truth. Sherman knows this.

BTW, did you notice that Sherman got away with holding on one of Crabtree's catches. This is the only one I know about since the TV coverage spent time it and I have not reviewed the coaches film on nflrewind. Anyhow, I am willing to bet that there was holding on most every play and the refs did not call it unless KAP threw the ball. Pete Carrol deserves recognition for his exploitation of the referee mindset in the playoffs. I would like to see the Niners picking up this practice. Fight fire with fire.
If "basis of truth" is the standard, then you just negated about 75% of everything you have said on this thread so far!

Truth is, show me any play in the NFL and I can find you multiple holds, (both offensive and defensive, lineman and secondary) as well as push-offs by receivers - btw did you notice the push-off by Crabtree on the last play? watch the video, he shoves Sherman in the back to get separation and there was no call... no matter, Crab still got owned despite it!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-21-2014, 1:43 PM Reply   
Sign in the Denver area today...
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-21-2014, 1:45 PM Reply   
Seemed like the refs were mainly concerned about holds where someone got knocked down (in both games). I think they really just wanted to let them play and be as competitive as possible. We would all be bitchin about the number of penalties if they didn't let them play...
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-21-2014, 1:46 PM Reply   
^^^I guess there are stereotypes for a reason...fortywhiners.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-21-2014, 1:48 PM Reply   
Who is that guy on the left side of that sign?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-21-2014, 1:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
Who is that guy on the left side of that sign?
LOL! He's the former best Corner Back in the league!

NFL records
Most Pro Bowl selections for a cornerback (12)
Youngest player to intercept 3 passes in a game (21) (at Arizona Cardinals, 10/17/99)
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-21-2014, 2:20 PM Reply   
^^^ I thought I recognized him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baltimore-...-32-yd-pass-TD
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-21-2014, 3:19 PM Reply   
I am only whining because my team doesn't have it. If I was a defensive coordinator, I would be coaching my team to perfect their holding/grabbing/tugging technique all season long just like the Seahawks. There are 4 related premises... 1) if the DB interferes enough to cause the QB to not throw it, then the REF will likely not throw a flag, 2) if the DB interferes to this level often enough the REF's basis for a foul will change, 3) we will likely win more than we lose in yards/games and 4) once we get to the playoffs we will be better prepared for stopping people with almost NO chance of a flag. A team that has perfected "under the playoff radar" holding is much better prepared for the playoffs.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-21-2014, 3:29 PM Reply   
Plus, holding is a relative minor foul of 5 yards and 1st down. Thus, holding on early downs makes a ton of sense. It allows the DB to feel out the REF and modify the REFs perception.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-21-2014, 4:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
The leauge will continue to allow chippy play simply because the fans love to watch it. Pick any game in the playoffs this year and you saw it. That and the fact that you're overlooking the ability of the rest of our D to reek havoc on an imobile qb.

Seattle's record shows they do just fine on the road.

As for the 12th man... you're aware that the game isn't going to be of limits to them correct? 18 thousand Seahawk ticket holders can and will be more of a distraction than you might think. They've made themselves rather obvious on the road this year.

As for our offense, we'll be going up against the ninteenth rated defense in the leauge not the elite teams we've come accustomed to going against past few weeks. I highly doubt Cable is going to keep Russell on his chain for this game either. I bet we see a lot more of the read option mixed with deep ball passes, especially with Percy back in the mix.

I truly believe Seattle is the bigger, faster, stronger, louder team. In the end one man isnt going to be able to pull off a miracle on his own just because his last name is Manning...
Let's look at the Statements [opinions] you just mentioned.

1 Chippy play - Facts support this statement
2- Seattle D Reek havoc on immobile QB - Peyton Manning was only sacked 18 times during the regular season and Russell Wilson was sacked 44 times.Okay let's up the anti Playoffs 2 games each Peyton 6 sacks Wilson 7 sacks.So much for immobile QB's!
3-Seating Capacity of Met Life Stadium 82566. 18,000 ticket holder aren't going to dominate the # of fans Sherman just added to the Broncos.LOL
4 - 19TH rated Defense- The Broncos were 13-3 and Seattle was13-3. Two road losses and one home loss for both teams. Their common opponent in those losses was the Colts on the road for both teams. The Broncos scored 33 points and allowed 39 points to the Colts with their 19th rated Defense. The Seahawks scored 28 points and allowed 34 points with their #1 defense. Both lost by 6 points.

His last name is Manning VS. last name Wilson

Manning 450 comp 659 att 68.3% 5477 yards 8.3 avg 342.3 per game 55 TD's 10 Int's 18 sacks 115.1 Rating #1 in the league
Wilson 257 comp 407 att 61.7% 3357 yards 6.7 avg 209 per game 26 TD's 9 Int's 44 SACKS
101.2 rating #16

PLAYOFF Manning vs. Wilson

Manning 57 comp 79 att 72.2% 630 yards 9.0 avg 387 per game 4 TD's 1 int. 4 sacks 107 rating #2 based on yards # 3 based on QB rating

Wilson 25 comp 43 att 58.1% 318 yards 7.4 avg 159 per game 1 TD 0 Int 7 sacks 89.1 rating #9 based on yards #6 based on QB rating.

Bottom line……. I'd rather have a highly intelligent QB who isn't very mobile vs a mobile, gun shy , 2nd year , inexperienced QB any day!
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-21-2014, 4:26 PM Reply   
Will the 49ers resign Boldin, Whitner, Nixon, and Goodwin?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-21-2014, 5:02 PM Reply   
Holy crap Bobby you'll take the best QB of all time over a sent and year QB? Huge surprise!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-21-2014, 5:03 PM Reply   
You guys hear that all but one of the Niners pussed out or were to broken after playing the Hawks to play in the Pro Bowl.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-21-2014, 5:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Let's look at the Statements [opinions] you just mentioned.

1 Chippy play - Facts support this statement
2- Seattle D Reek havoc on immobile QB - Peyton Manning was only sacked 18 times during the regular season and Russell Wilson was sacked 44 times.Okay let's up the anti Playoffs 2 games each Peyton 6 sacks Wilson 7 sacks.So much for immobile QB's!
3-Seating Capacity of Met Life Stadium 82566. 18,000 ticket holder aren't going to dominate the # of fans Sherman just added to the Broncos.LOL
4 - 19TH rated Defense- The Broncos were 13-3 and Seattle was13-3. Two road losses and one home loss for both teams. Their common opponent in those losses was the Colts on the road for both teams. The Broncos scored 33 points and allowed 39 points to the Colts with their 19th rated Defense. The Seahawks scored 28 points and allowed 34 points with their #1 defense. Both lost by 6 points.

His last name is Manning VS. last name Wilson

Manning 450 comp 659 att 68.3% 5477 yards 8.3 avg 342.3 per game 55 TD's 10 Int's 18 sacks 115.1 Rating #1 in the league
Wilson 257 comp 407 att 61.7% 3357 yards 6.7 avg 209 per game 26 TD's 9 Int's 44 SACKS
101.2 rating #16

PLAYOFF Manning vs. Wilson

Manning 57 comp 79 att 72.2% 630 yards 9.0 avg 387 per game 4 TD's 1 int. 4 sacks 107 rating #2 based on yards # 3 based on QB rating

Wilson 25 comp 43 att 58.1% 318 yards 7.4 avg 159 per game 1 TD 0 Int 7 sacks 89.1 rating #9 based on yards #6 based on QB rating.

Bottom line……. I'd rather have a highly intelligent QB who isn't very mobile vs a mobile, gun shy , 2nd year , inexperienced QB any day!
All I read in that was " I'm not looking forward to being wronged by the Hawks again" I don't need stats to know we're going to win. You on the other hand love them even they're constantly leaving you scratching your head when the Hawks win...
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-21-2014, 5:08 PM Reply   
For the record I enjoy GD's contribution to this thread. I will agree the argument regarding the Hawks secondary is a bit tired. It falls under the "If a tree falls in the woods...well you know the rest.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-21-2014, 5:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
You guys hear that all but one of the Niners pussed out or were to broken after playing the Hawks to play in the Pro Bowl.
Now the Cowboys have 5 players in the Pro Bowl. LOL
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-21-2014, 5:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Now the Cowboys have 5 players in the Pro Bowl. LOL
Bet they're gonna love hanging their participation badges on the wall...
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-21-2014, 5:41 PM Reply   
Yo!

Dave Williams!

Could you please hurry up and document the fact that you're rooting for Denver... It will all but lock in a win for my Hawks.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-21-2014, 6:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Bet they're gonna love hanging their participation badges on the wall...
They will certainly love the FREE VACATION!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-21-2014, 6:25 PM Reply   
I'm watching Piers Morgan Live and they opened with a spot on Sherman and his post game interview. Rachel Nichols did an interview with him today which was great (if you don't recall she was an ESPN anchor) and she said a couple things I found interesting. One was that she said she wasn't at all surprised by the comments because we (sports anchors/interviewers) see this all the time. Second was she said we ask these guys to go out on the field and be gladiators in the most violent game and then to ask them to immediately turn it off is ridiculous. I also found it interesting that Piers new little to nothing about Sherman but after digging into who he is found that he quite liked him and his story. I'd encourage you to do the same thing then if you feel you're still worthy to judge him go ahead.
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-21-2014, 7:16 PM Reply   
The weeks leading up to the Super Bowl can be serious pressure cookers for the players with the media blitz. Sherman's big mouth has put most of the pressure on Seattle. Broncos are going to fly under the radar. Sherman has hurt his team leading up to the big game.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-21-2014, 7:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry1167 View Post
The weeks leading up to the Super Bowl can be serious pressure cookers for the players with the media blitz. Sherman's big mouth has put most of the pressure on Seattle. Broncos are going to fly under the radar. Sherman has hurt his team leading up to the big game.
I disagree. I think Sherman's big mouth has put the pressure on SHERMAN. And taken it off the rest of the guys. And he can handle it. May turn out to have been genius after all.
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-21-2014, 7:48 PM Reply   
^ if they are a true team they will feel like they need to back him up which adds pressure. Either way less pressure on Broncos.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-21-2014, 8:22 PM Reply   
Its the Super Bowl, there's a schitt ton of pressure no matter how you slice it. The Hawks are a family and they will handle it together. How are diamonds made again?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-21-2014, 8:24 PM Reply   
Everyone hates Sherman huh?

Does anyone know who has the top selling jersey amongst defensive players in the NFL? Who is the only defensive player in the NFL with a jersey in the top ten of sales?

Here's a hint: its the same guy.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-21-2014, 8:33 PM Reply   
hey robert, where was that love for manning, when I was hoping the cowboys would sign him and dump romo? you sure seem to love him now.
the SB, is an entirely different game. Manning has a history of playing poorly in cold weather. hes had like 2 good cold weather games in the last 2 years. cold weather typically plays well for a team with a strong defense, and a strong running game. all this talk about QB's and their stats means nothing. Trent Dilfer won a SB with a good D. and a good running game. in the SB, all you need is a defense, running, and a QB who doesnt turn the ball over. I love Manning, but he has a tendency to get a stick up his ass in pressure situations. hes more likely to throw a pick at the wrong time, as opposed to Wilson.
I'll take the Hawks, as long as it is cold and dreary. otherwise, the Broncos come out on top.

as much as I typically dislike players like Richard Sherman, Im coming to appreciate him more as a person, and a player.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-21-2014, 10:07 PM Reply   
Richard "Dick" Sherman. The guy has great skills and I don't mind the extreme trash talking on the field between the competitors. I also don't mind his extreme confidence and his willingness to talk himself up to the media. My only beef is with him making disparaging remarks towards competitors to the media. It's very uncool.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-22-2014, 3:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
hey robert, where was that love for manning, when I was hoping the cowboys would sign him and dump romo? you sure seem to love him now.
the SB, is an entirely different game. Manning has a history of playing poorly in cold weather. hes had like 2 good cold weather games in the last 2 years. cold weather typically plays well for a team with a strong defense, and a strong running game. all this talk about QB's and their stats means nothing. Trent Dilfer won a SB with a good D. and a good running game. in the SB, all you need is a defense, running, and a QB who doesnt turn the ball over. I love Manning, but he has a tendency to get a stick up his ass in pressure situations. hes more likely to throw a pick at the wrong time, as opposed to Wilson.
I'll take the Hawks, as long as it is cold and dreary. otherwise, the Broncos come out on top.

as much as I typically dislike players like Richard Sherman, Im coming to appreciate him more as a person, and a player.
Peyton has a whole team to help him and the 19th ranked defense.Tony Romo didn't have a running game till the end of the year he also had the worst defense in the league helping him.Still they only lost to the Saints and Bears by more than 1 score. Romo also stood his ground against Manning. I really believe Manning wouldn't play for the Cowboys no matter how much Jerry paid him.As for Wilson, on DallasCowboys.com they asked "Do you really think Wilson or Kaepernick could win with our defense"? I doubt it. This is a team sport. I haven't heard the Wilson train in quite some time considering he finished 19th in passing this year and has only 1 TD and 7 sacks in the PLAYOFFS. It's really funny i told the Seahawks fans it was their defense that kept them in the games but they insisted it was Wilson. Now they see any of the top 20 QB's would have done equal or better than Wilson.

Last edited by cwb4me; 01-22-2014 at 3:46 AM.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-22-2014, 5:08 AM Reply   
Im afraid even we couldn't have overcome all of Romos untimely turnovers.

Here's the thing. You'll never convince the Seahawks fans that Wilson isn't a stud. Our eyes tell us what your precious passing stats don't, he's a winner.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-22-2014, 6:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry1167 View Post
Some atheletes thrive on pressure like this. Look at Mayweather, Ali, Deon, Keshawn, Moss and on and on... Sherman and the entire defense for that matter love it when the media questions their ability. I'ts pure motivation.

The whole Sherman thing has me scratching my head... When did the NFL and it's fans morph into such wussies??? This is football! A sport where players spend the entire game trying to knock the ish out of eachother. Fans have become such sensitive whimpy whiners it's pathetic.

If you dont' like brash, vicious, outspoken warriors you've chosen the wrong sport and need to move on to tennis or golf or baseball. These sports will probably suit your sensitive emotional commitments much better than a sport where warriors beat on one another and speak their minds.

Last edited by seattle; 01-22-2014 at 6:23 AM.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-22-2014, 7:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Everyone hates Sherman huh?

Does anyone know who has the top selling jersey amongst defensive players in the NFL? Who is the only defensive player in the NFL with a jersey in the top ten of sales?

Here's a hint: its the same guy.
You know who else had a top selling jersey and then didn't play the next year? Tim Tebow!
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-22-2014, 7:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Some atheletes thrive on pressure like this. Look at Mayweather, Ali, Deon, Keshawn, Moss and on and on... Sherman and the entire defense for that matter love it when the media questions their ability. I'ts pure motivation.

The whole Sherman thing has me scratching my head... When did the NFL and it's fans morph into such wussies??? This is football! A sport where players spend the entire game trying to knock the ish out of eachother. Fans have become such sensitive whimpy whiners it's pathetic.

If you dont' like brash, vicious, outspoken warriors you've chosen the wrong sport and need to move on to tennis or golf or baseball. These sports will probably suit your sensitive emotional commitments much better than a sport where warriors beat on one another and speak their minds.
Easy there Cliff. Don't go all Sherman. The Seahawks still haven't won a Super Bowl so comparing them to someone like Ali is silly at this point. We will see how they handle the pressure soon enough.

Sherman is a smart guy. His comments in the heat of the moment shouldn't be a big deal but when he had time to cool off and still attacked Crabtree in the press conference he went over the line in my opinion.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-22-2014, 7:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
You know who else had a top selling jersey and then didn't play the next year? Tim Tebow!
Dude...

Sherman / Tebow? that reference is so out in left field and irrelevant that I question your ability to even talk coherant smack...

"Easy there Cliff. Don't go all Sherman. The Seahawks still haven't won a Super Bowl so comparing them to someone like Ali is silly at this point. We will see how they handle the pressure soon enough"

I have a set and I speak my mind absent fear of reprisal. Does that scare you? Do you feel bullied or intimidated? Sissy Bronco ninny...

Liston fans thought Ali was all mouth and he'd crack under the pressure fighting such a dominant opponent. Sound familiar?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-22-2014, 7:53 AM Reply   
Hahahaha! Jersey sales don't mean chit! That's all I'm saying...and really, he's #10! Maybe he is the only defensive person in that list but he's still #10. Peyton Manning is #1. Seriously, Ryan Tannehill is #9, who in the hell is Ryan Tannehill in the grand scheme of things?

Last edited by timmyb; 01-22-2014 at 7:57 AM.
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-22-2014, 8:15 AM Reply   
Quote - "I have a set and I speak my mind absent fear of reprisal. Does that scare you? Do you feel bullied or intimidated? Sissy Bronco ninny..."

Is this Robert trying to get under someone's skin?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-22-2014, 9:16 AM Reply   
I don't know, maybe it was directed at me?
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-22-2014, 9:48 AM Reply   
I am thinking about rooting for the Seahawks because their win will be best for the 49ers. Winners rarely go back the next year. Plus, winners usually gain a huge hit on their salary cap. I wish Wilson was doing better so he would be able to claim a huge contract like Flacco. Is there anyone else severely underpaid?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-22-2014, 9:55 AM Reply   
It is my understanding, that unless there are just holdouts trying to renegotiate, the Seahawks are going to have very little issues with cap space going into 2014/15. Guys like Sherman and Wilson are on rookie deals that were cheap to begin with due to their draft position.

The Hawks may very well try to extend some players before their contracts are over, but as I understand it, this will not end like the Ravens(win or lose in 2 weeks).

GO BRONCOS!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-22-2014, 12:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hahahaha! Jersey sales don't mean chit! That's all I'm saying...and really, he's #10! Maybe he is the only defensive person in that list but he's still #10. Peyton Manning is #1. Seriously, Ryan Tannehill is #9, who in the hell is Ryan Tannehill in the grand scheme of things?
It does in the face of everybody supposedly hating on him and he just moved into that spot after all hullabaloo. Get my point know?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-22-2014, 12:12 PM Reply   
Gettin' old school!
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-22-2014, 12:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
I am thinking about rooting for the Seahawks because their win will be best for the 49ers. Winners rarely go back the next year. Plus, winners usually gain a huge hit on their salary cap. I wish Wilson was doing better so he would be able to claim a huge contract like Flacco. Is there anyone else severely underpaid?
Did you see on NFL.COM Peyton Mannings 1 game check is larger than Russell Wilsons yearly salary.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-22-2014, 12:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
It is my understanding, that unless there are just holdouts trying to renegotiate, the Seahawks are going to have very little issues with cap space going into 2014/15. Guys like Sherman and Wilson are on rookie deals that were cheap to begin with due to their draft position.

The Hawks may very well try to extend some players before their contracts are over, but as I understand it, this will not end like the Ravens(win or lose in 2 weeks).

GO BRONCOS!
They were talking about the two teams on NFL network. The Seahawks can keep their team intact for at least two more years. Denver will have to restructure Peytons contract and may, if their lucky, have one more shot at the Super Bowl. Seattle has a young team whereas Denver is mixed with young and old alike.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-22-2014, 12:25 PM Reply   
Here's what we're looking at for next year:

Unrestricted Free Agents

Player Position age 2013 Cap Number

Michael Bennett DE 28 $4,800,000
Breno Giacomini RT 28 $4,250,000
Paul McQuistan OT, OG 30 $3,375,000
Golden Tate WR 25 $880,000
Chris Maragos S 26 $855,000
Tarvaris Jackson QB 30 $840,000
Brandon Browner CB 29 $773,756
Walter Thurmond CB 26 $755,875
Kellen Davis TE 28 $672,941
Anthony McCoy TE 25 $656,212
O'Brien Schofield OLB, DE 26 $630,000
Steven Hauschka K 28 $620,000
Tony McDaniel DT 28 $605,000
Clinton McDonald DT 26 $592,941
Lemuel Jeanpierre C, OG 26 $555,000
Michael Robinson FB 30 $326,470
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-22-2014, 12:33 PM Reply   
Bennett will get re signed and has already said he'll take less to stay.
Giacomini should get re signed he's a big part of the oline
Tate will get re signed unless he costs to much bit I don't see him going for big numbers.
Tjack is probably gone unless he gets league minimum.
Browned I believe is gone but if not he'll be cheap with his problems
Thurmond I feel will re sign but we have great players here so they won't pay to much plus hes been injury plagued most of his career.
Hauschka should get re signed and probably a pay raise.
The two MC's I really hope get re signed but they'll get a pay raise.
Jeanpierre will probably re sign
Robinson got cut this year along with his 2m salary then wound up coming back for cheap after no one wanted him. I see him coming back if he's still cheap.

This has become a place players want to play so the off season could be interesting. I just hope we can keep our chemistry.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-22-2014, 1:27 PM Reply   
Looks like Seattle is going to have a solid team for a few years to come! The Broncos, I don't know what will happen when Peyton hangs it up. Our backup, yes we have one, Osweiler, looks to be ok but not playoff caliber yet and then we have a bunch of guys that were signed just to get to the super bowl like Welker and Tamme.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-22-2014, 2:19 PM Reply   
the irony
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-22-2014, 5:06 PM Reply   
On NFL official review it was ruled Wes Welkers hit on Aqib Talib was a legal hit. Sorry Bill……..
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-22-2014, 5:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
On NFL official review it was ruled Wes Welkers hit on Aqib Talib was a legal hit. Sorry Bill……..

Feel sorry for little Welker... Guy that size having to come across the middle with Chancellor zeroing in on him. Our D laid the smack on him so bad last year when the Pats came into town that he literally crawled of the field in the later part of the game. Love to see him try a move like that against us.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-22-2014, 8:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Feel sorry for little Welker... Guy that size having to come across the middle with Chancellor zeroing in on him. Our D laid the smack on him so bad last year when the Pats came into town that he literally crawled of the field in the later part of the game. Love to see him try a move like that against us.
Gotta love that Sherman like confidence. Hope it works out for ya... Well... Not really.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-22-2014, 9:19 PM Reply   
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-22-2014, 9:22 PM Reply   
Just watched Sherman and Craptree mic'd up. At the end of the game when Sherm extended his hand to Craptree he said "hell of a game, hell of a game." That's when the Dbag (typical) shoved him in the face. Gee wonder why he was pissed.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-22-2014, 9:35 PM Reply   
Just moments before ripping 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree in one of the most memorable postgame interviews of all time, Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman sprinted out of the endzone and over to Crabtree after the game had been all but decided. Sherman wrote Monday that he simply wanted to shake Crabtree’s hand and told the receiver “good game, good game.” When Crabtree responded with a shove, it triggered Sherman’s rant with Erin Andrews.

Audio from the game has been released, and that’s more or less exactly what happened.

Both Sherman and Crabtree were mic’d up for the game, and you can listen to a few of the highlights here (Sherman memorably tells an official before kickoff “don’t let ‘em beat us up too much”). During that moment following Sherman’s decisive play, Crabtree remained silent, and Sherman had a simple, eight-word message.

Sherman: Hell of a game. Hell of a game.

Okay you Hippocrates go ahead defend Crabtree, I dare ya!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-23-2014, 2:11 AM Reply   
There is no greater joy than to have the loud mouth dick that just defeated you run up to rub your nose in it with a offer for a handshake.

Do you really feel that was a sincere friendly handshake offer? Knowing their history? That's laughable.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-23-2014, 3:07 AM Reply   
That would be just like Kaepernick throwing a last second game winning TD pass to Crabtree and Crabtree telling Sherman [who was defending him] Hell of a game…Hell of a game. You actually expect us to believe Sherman would shake his hand. Please take your goggles off ,set down your joint and think about it for awhile.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-23-2014, 3:59 AM Reply   
Watch on NFL.COM the MIC'D UP of Sherman. He had at least 5-10 minutes to gather himself up and still ACTED like a THUG. He may not be a THUG ,but he wanted the world to see him act like that. It was a show he put on for the cameras. Maybe Michael Crabtree reminded him who made more money or stole Richards girlfriend. I don't know. If Richard wants to be looked at as a professional he should act like one.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-23-2014, 6:51 AM Reply   
Sounds like you guys get my point. Think about it
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-23-2014, 6:59 AM Reply   
And the Niners fans are still whining...

You guys do realize you lost the game and you're done for the season correct? Three years trying and threes years failing...

Time to focus on the teams that won their right to be in the big game.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-23-2014, 7:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Can't wait for a repeat of that next week...
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-23-2014, 7:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Watch on NFL.COM the MIC'D UP of Sherman. He had at least 5-10 minutes to gather himself up and still ACTED like a THUG. He may not be a THUG ,but he wanted the world to see him act like that. It was a show he put on for the cameras. Maybe Michael Crabtree reminded him who made more money or stole Richards girlfriend. I don't know. If Richard wants to be looked at as a professional he should act like one.

How do you figure? I have watched that and couldn't surmise that. Even Erin Andrews said it was "90 seconds later".

I see you read/heard Sherman's interview where he believes people use "thug" as an accepted alternative to the N word. Otherwise why would have been sure to capitalize it?