Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (reid808)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-24-2007, 11:31 PM Reply   
Today was a sad day for me. I've compiled "EVERY" Wakeboarding Magazine since it started. I was in the process of moving and had moved this container of magazines for the past 14 years. Today I made a decision to throw them all away. The container must have weighed about 300 lbs and I'm beat up from all those years of riding. I haven't given up on the sport, but my back is feeling the years. I sat down for about 15 minutes to look at the two issues that I cherish the most, the one of Darin doing a raley and the next with Bill McCaffery. I know Wakeboarding Magazine recently did an article on individuals who collected their magazines from Day One. Today you can scratch my name off that list. To end this on a good note, I kept all my videos. Even the Skurfer Invitational on Kauai.

Mahalo,

Reid
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-24-2007, 11:48 PM Reply   
hey reid i'll be happy to take them off your hands PLEASE!
Old     (reid808)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-24-2007, 11:58 PM Reply   
They were dumped at my local landfill. Sorry!
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-25-2007, 12:01 AM Reply   
oh well thanks anyway man
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-25-2007, 4:56 AM Reply   
I would have loved to see that shipping bill
Old     (scotthetland)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-25-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
I did the same thing 4 years ago just before I got married. Extremely hard thing to do. I still have my videos, but I only have about a dozen, all VHS, plus the Gear Trilogy that my buddies and I put together. That will never get tossed.

My wakeboarding resource is right here - Wakeworld. But, I'm a seasonal Wakeworld visitor - usually around February to May (horrible spring fever right now).
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       02-25-2007, 12:33 PM Reply   
Reid,
That sucks, but can understand how you felt when moving. The same thought went through my mind when I moved into our new house in October. I've collected since 1995 and my stash is heavy.

You better be ready to ride more when I come home in a couple of weeks.
Old    malibu73            02-25-2007, 3:05 PM Reply   
you should have kept them for ballast.....