Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-19-2010, 11:30 AM Reply   
Is it just me or is there an odd (and somewhat ominous) trend in seeing more and more popularity in these survival shows. Most seem to be on Discovery. I really like watching them, but that Bear Gyles dude (man vs wild) is a nut. Half of what he does, the risk is not worth the reward. He always seems to be free-climbing into or out of something.

The shows i like are:
- Man vs. WIld (Bear Gyles, he'll be the next crocodile hunter, by that i mean he'll likely die shooting a show. he's done some pretty un-speakable stuff w/his own urine)
- Dual Survival (w/an ex Ranger type and a hippie dude who hasn't worn shoes in +20 yrs)
- Man, Woman, Wild (ex spcl forces guy and his wife)
- The Colony (post-appocolypse setting where a group of people have to survive off what they can find/create... very creative ideas)

I wonder if there's a correlation between the uptick in the popularity of these shows and the general "hell-in-a-handbasket" sense of direction of the world... ha ha.