Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-10-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
Took delivery of my 40th Anniversary X-Star this friday from Buckeye Marine.

Here are some pics from the point and shoot camera, forgot the adapter to download pics from Digi SLR.. have to wait until late Sunday.

The metal flake is sooo nice in the sun.... it almost "glows" as you go on the water.

Here are a few pics.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-10-2008, 6:12 PM Reply   
Looks great Greg, Did you get in the water too!!!
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-10-2008, 7:25 PM Reply   
nice ride, shorelander trailer?
Old     (loonytik)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-10-2008, 7:34 PM Reply   
A work...of perfection.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-10-2008, 8:15 PM Reply   
Shorelander was a transport trailer to my cottage... It's a service trailer that Buckeye uses.

Boat will sit at the dock until the end of October now... I will have it out every month for a polish and such...

I don't want to hear comments about blistering and such.. I know... People in Ontario predominently do NOT trailer boats and have them sit at our Cottages all season.. and No I am not getting a $10,000 floating lift... water is 18' deep at end of our floating dock.

Trent- I went for a set today..first of the season.. man legs were all rusty, got to get them moving around again. going for a session tomorrow morning.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-10-2008, 8:57 PM Reply   
congrats.. time to update the profile pic
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-10-2008, 8:57 PM Reply   
Beautiful boat. The water in the second picture is amazingly glassy. I would have loved to have some of that glass today.
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-10-2008, 9:08 PM Reply   
nice boat. But your just goin to leave it sitting in the water??? Thats not good for it, I know what you mean about spending money on a lift but if your going to spend 90k on a boat whats another 6 k for a hydrohoist to keep its value??
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-10-2008, 10:52 PM Reply   
Greg every time I come back and look at your boat I like it more and more. That thing is the shizzznit in every way. Have fun this summer man.
Old     (rcogrady)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-11-2008, 7:40 AM Reply   
Sick boat, you're living the dream. I haven't rode on the Trent Severn before, but I've always wanted to, how is it?
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-11-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
Soli- Did you forget that a Mastercraft is a boat and it is design for use in water? Maybe it's going to rot away?

I love how everyone has this idea on how a new Mastercraft is going to blister after a couple weeks in the water.... This may have been true back in the 60's but technology has advanced and so has the materials and polymers used in boat production.

I have spoken to my dealer and done my homework, blistering or osmosis is extremely rare.

BTW- Hydrohoist, Shorestation, etc... are all ugly in my opinion. If we had 2' high waves all the time I'd think about lifting the boat out, or if I was on the main trent-severn channel with 50' cruisers going by on plane with 4' wake.

Ryan- Finding a nice line in my area is easy, we are lucky to be in a bay off the main trent-severn and don't get the busy traffic. The Severn River from Sparrow to Swift Rapids also provides lots of cover from the wind and is awesome on weekdays.... and mornings too.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-11-2008, 11:19 AM Reply   
That boat looks incredible Greg! Some of those photos look like they belong in a Mastercraft catalog.

(Message edited by wakeslife on May 11, 2008)
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-11-2008, 12:40 PM Reply   
Greg- We had an 02 X-Star that blistered REAL bad. Had to replace entire boat and get a new one. IMHO I wouldn't risk it. It is a pain in the a$$ dealing with MC and the insurance companies. But hey its your $90k boat, not mine. Very sharp, love the speaker covers.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-11-2008, 1:43 PM Reply   
greg not trying to be smart but blistering does still happen that is why it is stated in your owner's manual that it will not be covered under warranty if it occurs.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-11-2008, 4:20 PM Reply   
greg i wouldnt buy all that BS you dealer is selling i dont care what boat you have you leave it in as long as he is going to its got a good chance of blistering. its a nice boat and why you would not spend the extra money on a lift is beyond me, hell why you would leave a boat tied to a dock with that water is also a mystery!!! god luck!
Old     (lknboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-11-2008, 4:54 PM Reply   
I never get tired of seeing the 40th boats they look so good I really like the teak platform on this one too
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-11-2008, 5:05 PM Reply   
let the man f up his boat, he doesnt care... in the future it can be called the 40th blisstar edition lol
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-11-2008, 6:43 PM Reply   
old boat sat in the water for 1 month periods at a time during the summer cleaned it with muri acid to get the scum off the thing looked like new when we traded it in...
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-11-2008, 7:02 PM Reply   
its not about looks its about taking care of your investment(baby). I live in disco bay the whole area is a no wake zone i have a lift to protect the boat and keep it from growing a bunch of crap on it. I have seen so many boats out here that have been left in the water for long periods of time its nasty how the bottoms look. Its your boat do as you want. I was just saying from your post it sounded like a money thing, was a few g's for someone who could afford a second house and a 90k boat?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-11-2008, 7:10 PM Reply   
Nice boat! Kinda surprised to see teak on the back of it but thats cool keepin' it old school.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-11-2008, 7:19 PM Reply   
I hate to get into a war about this lift thing... it's my choice for various reasons.

Our water has a fairly good PH balance and doesn't get too warm so that bateria and algee grow rampent. We have had several boats in the past and never a problem.

Canadians think differently?
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-11-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
Here are some pics off my Canon 10d

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-11-2008, 7:39 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-11-2008, 8:51 PM Reply   
your boat is really really sick congrats wish i could have one like that !
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-12-2008, 5:16 AM Reply   
Greg, Two questions. First what is the black box next to your amps and second, what are the two chrome buttons on the port side on the top deck forward of the gas cap? Oh by the way you have one of the nicest X Star MasterCraft has designed. I hope to get one in my hands when I sell my 07 X Star
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-12-2008, 7:04 AM Reply   
Awesome boat Greg, congrats!

...is that snap out carpet? how nice must that be? do all MC have that?
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-12-2008, 7:18 AM Reply   
MCXSTAR- The chrome buttons are actually little clips that the fenders hang off of. Instead of trying to tie off the the tower etc this allows for placement of 3 fenders along side of the boat. Also I can have fenders on boat with the mooring cover on. Esp usefull when tied up to a dock.

PERKO MFG Part 1299DP0CHR http://images.westmarine.com/full/10651_f.jpg

Black box beside amps is the Clarion Ipod controler. Allows you to utilize you Ipod like a CD changer controling from remote or deck. Also keeps it charged for hours of enjoyment. Titles also scroll across display so you know what track you are on.

(Message edited by GTI2lo on May 12, 2008)
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-12-2008, 6:24 PM Reply   
greg, boat looks awesome dude, come by cheif with it.

as for blistering goes, my friend has had his x-7 sitting in the water the past few years and its hull is in immaculate shape. once a month he takes it out and gives it some TLC and every weekend just get in the water with a mitt on
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-13-2008, 5:50 AM Reply   
Def going to go by big chief on a weekend. Not sure if locks are going to be open this long weekend as water levels are still high. Maybe in June sometime for sure. Weekend of Orillia in water boat show?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-13-2008, 6:34 AM Reply   
Looks great! Congrats.
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-13-2008, 6:51 AM Reply   
Snap out carpet, yes all newer MC's have it. Snap it out hose it down and snap it back in. Genius.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-13-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
Teak platform = classy. Fiberglass platform = cheap looking IMHO. Sick boat btw!
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-13-2008, 9:22 PM Reply   
Teak is also forgiving with nicks and fins!

Sandpaper and oil fix all!