Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old    robertt            11-01-2005, 7:38 AM Reply   
I ordered the Pioneer speakers that you recommended, but they are no longer available.

I want to get going...so here are the options I have found.

I need a final tie breaker/decision so I can get this over with and get to building up my box....

Polk MOMO MMC690 3-ways, $95.00 per pair

Sony Xplod XS-GT6930 3-ways, $25.00 per pair.

Kicker KS693 3-ways, $85.00 per pair

Alpine SPR-69LP 2-ways, $57.00 per pair.

I will be driving it with a 400watt, 2 ohm stable amp that will be shared by the stock cabin speakers. These all are going up on a tower. No need for incredible loudness, just good crisp sound in and around the boat.

Help!

Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-01-2005, 7:43 AM Reply   
Did you look at the audiobahn 6x9's with the "horn" type setup. They are marine and proabbly reasonable priced.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-01-2005, 8:18 AM Reply   
I had some lightning audio 6x9 on my old boat.They are super duper for the tower.Very loud,crisp and reasonable priced.(they are yellow if that helps)
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-01-2005, 9:22 AM Reply   
If the Polk come with the cool speaker grills (spokey looking ones) -- I would go with those just for the looks. Polks always sound great too!
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-01-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
I did alot of research on 6x9s when I did mine, The Pioneer ones were the best, the Polks are the second as far as sound goes. the Momo and the DB690's are marine certified. I went with the db690 and I couldnt be any happier. 2 of them with my amp are crystal clear 70 feet behind the boat riding. I am going to be setting up another 2 this winter just for and giggles.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-01-2005, 3:08 PM Reply   
Polk db690's sell for about $95 shipped off e-bay. Not using Polk in my tower but I am using them in the boat and I am pretty happy. The Polk MMCs in my boat are quite bright (lots of treble). You want to try to match your tower to your boat so that you don't have to change the tone controls when you move between the tower and boat. Been there, had to change the tower tweeter settings, now all is good.
Old    robertt            11-02-2005, 5:50 AM Reply   
Thanks guys.

I got a killer deal on the MOMOs, the ones with the included separate crossover.

90 bucks a pair.

I liked that they were marine certified, and they look really good.

Thanks again.
Old    robertt            11-02-2005, 5:51 AM Reply   
They were the MMC690's by the way.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-02-2005, 7:23 AM Reply   
Robert I think youll be happy, ive got 4 on the tower and havent yet tweaked the amp for maximum spl and they still scream.