Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       07-11-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
I am really wanting to compete in an upcomming int comp, I am curious of a few things though, I am wanting to compete in the intermediate class, but I have no idea how good I need to be to try it out. I dont want to embaress myself. I am going to be competeing in Arkansas, so just also curious how many folks I will be going up against. thanks guys
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       07-11-2006, 11:43 AM Reply   
I said intermediate, but I meant advanced
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-11-2006, 11:53 AM Reply   
Michigan Coordinator here - contact the state coordinator and spend a few minutes on the phone. The website will let you know the tour standings. You can see how many people you will be up against.

Best advice: RELAX and have fun. Show up early and talk to the other riders. They will let you know what is up. Here in MI, nobody really talks trash to the new guys. Their friends, heck yeah, but not the new guys.
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       07-11-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
I am confused as to how they do they scoring, it looks like on this rankings sheet, one expert invert would beat everyone. surely thats not right? http://www.intleague.com/arkansas/tour_standings.asp
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-13-2006, 10:40 AM Reply   
for each division you can only score a certain trick point max value.And you can only do tricks in the intmerdiate /advanced trick list.If you throw a trick from a higher division you will probably get bumped. I am new to INT this year in the masters division,It's fun but don't rush anything. And don't repeat tricks in the same pass or you don't get points for the repeated trick.You can do the same pass down and back. Hope this helps......
Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-03-2006, 12:16 PM Reply   
ya dude, you should definatly compete cuz its a whole lot of fun! theres no pressure, you just go out and ride and like Karl said just go out and talk to the people that you are riding againgst, I think there are like 5 or 6, maybe a little more, but I will help you out with some stuff if we go to the lake this weekend. and I think we will be going to lake Degray this weekend so you can email me at, wakeboard_102@hotmail.com, and just see like what time we will be there and stuff like that
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-03-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
Hey man. Email me if you have any questions about a run or scoring. I'm the call judge for Arkansas so I'll be scoring you!!! diamondlakesws@yahoo.com
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       08-03-2006, 1:58 PM Reply   
thanks fellas I will, this post was before I came up to the july 22 dard comp.. I think I about got it know, but I would still love to hook up some time, later

(Message edited by lyle on August 03, 2006)