Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    tarbabi            05-08-2003, 6:47 AM Reply   
I remember seeing the thread from someone up in Washington State. It was black and fit very tight and was trailerable. I am looking for one for my Prostar.

Matt
Old    swass            05-08-2003, 6:48 AM Reply   
I remember seeing a black Tige with a good looking cover, but I think the guy was a Canuck.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-08-2003, 8:08 AM Reply   
I have one, so do several other Seattle area posters. I'm pretty sure that they all came from Rankin.

Might check with your dealer to see who does them locally in your area.

acasdf
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-08-2003, 4:45 PM Reply   
Why tow with a cover on? Wind blowing through the boat isn't gonna hurt it. I guess if it is raining you'd keep a little grime off, but that's about it. Looks like it would create more drag, rub on the gelcoat and possibly hurt the cover. Just thinking out loud.
Old     (john_d)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-08-2003, 9:40 PM Reply   
Matt,
Heres Mine. No problems with rubing it is very tight and doesn't drag if anything it probably makes the boat more aerodynamic.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-08-2003, 10:06 PM Reply   
Even on short tows, the cover keeps all of the road junk out. Little rocks, tar, bugs, dirt... stays out. The cover has felt where it might rub on the boat. There is a draw cord front to back to really tighten it down. Plus pull straps on the back for a super tight fit.

Plus you can just fill the boat up with the large light items under the cover while towing. I'm a fan.

asfda
Old    chris_hargis            05-09-2003, 7:13 AM Reply   
Sean,
Question for you or any other with this type cover. You said it has a draw string from the front to the back, but how does that go around the tower mounts? I altered a cheap cover to go on my boat with the cage up because I didn't want to cut my expensive cover. I see that it is velcroed or snapped down under the mounts, but I was curious about the draw cord. My cheap cover has elastic, so I was able to sew it down where I cut for the monuts, but my good cover is draw string.
Old    swass            05-09-2003, 7:16 AM Reply   
John's boat is the one I was thinking of.
Old    swass            05-09-2003, 7:20 AM Reply   
I see I didn't even get the Canuck part right.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-09-2003, 7:33 AM Reply   
Chris, the Rankin covers use a little swiveling hook at each of the tower parts. So one part of the cord is tied to the hook and the other end is simply tied in a knot with a loop.

The cover has two cuts in it at each tower leg. One horizontal and one vertical. Those cuts have a heavy duty zipper on them. They also have about 3 inches of felt either side and a felt flap that folds over the back side of the zipper (between the zipper and boat.)

So when you want to take the cover off, you loosen it at the back, unzip the tower cut outs, unclip the cord and it rolls off. There are also several large felt cover hooks on each side. These are adjustible via velcro to adjust for streching of the cover.

Wish I had a pic or two of that stuff I typed above. Might be easier to understand.

(Message edited by magic on May 09, 2003)
Old    dliguori            05-09-2003, 9:53 AM Reply   
Here's some picks http://www.bakesmarine.com/Accessories/customcovers.html