Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (y49sides)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-05-2010, 6:04 PM Reply   
Anyone have some good suggestions?
I currently have the stock ballast in my 06'.
Looking for bags that are hidden. I thought I saw somewhere a bow bag that fit under the very front and wraps about a foot . Could these be plumbed in with the hard tanks? Will putting anything in the front help the wake?
These will me our 4th season with this boat and the kids are progressing.
Thanks in advance.
FYI we typically have 4 to 6 adults and 1 to 3 twelve to thirteen year olds.
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-05-2010, 6:39 PM Reply   
Fly High can do a custom kit if they already don't have one for your boat, and yes, you can plumb it directly into your factory system.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-05-2010, 6:48 PM Reply   
You will probably be able to use the X2 fly high kit. You just hook your overflow's from the stock tanks into a sack in each rear compartment and the front tank overflow into the integrated bow sack.

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-mastercraft-x2-wakeboard-bags-only.html
Old     (y49sides)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-05-2010, 7:11 PM Reply   
If I went to the fly high system with the additional 1600 lbs, will I need to change the prop? What size?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-05-2010, 7:15 PM Reply   
I don't have any direct experience so this is just a guess on my part. What motor do you have? If you have the MCX or smaller you may need to go to the high altitude prop. It is a 14.5x14.25 or something like that. If you have the LY6 or L18 you should be fine. One thing nice is you have a hydraulic plate so that should help you get on plane some.
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-05-2010, 7:19 PM Reply   
You won't have to change the prop, but you may want to. I would talk to the guys at Acme or OJ, and see what they recommend for your application. I have a stock prop on my X Star with a fly high system and it's ok.
Old     (y49sides)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-05-2010, 8:44 PM Reply   
Motor is a MCX. I use the trim plate all the time.
Stock prop is 13.7x17V HC OJ
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-06-2010, 9:55 AM Reply   
I'd plumb in 600 lb bags on either side of the engine, change the prop to a 14.25x14.5 and run with the trim plate down 25-40% depending on speed. We ran our shop X-45 like this with awesome results.

The X-2 bags are a little small, we usually run bigger bags in the X-30's and X-45's. I can't remember the part numbers but if you pm jbwake on here he should be able to get them for you.
Old     (y49sides)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-06-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
Any weight up front?
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-06-2010, 11:11 AM Reply   
The X-45 already has more bow weight than an X-30, not sure how much you'd want to add. I would bet an integrated bow sac would do the trick.
Old     (y49sides)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-06-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
One thing I have always had a problem is that at no matter full or empty ballast, the swimdeck has always sat below the water line. All other MC's the swim deck is completely out of the water. The 30 and 45 are very similar but like you said, the 45 has naturally more bow weight. I wonder if by adding a bow sack will help this issue and also should plane out faster.
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-06-2010, 12:14 PM Reply   
I would definitely put weight up front. 500-600 lbs. I would reprop too. The weight will help it plane faster as well.

The swim deck being below the water line isn't a problem, it's supposed to be like that. If the swim platform isn't a couple inches under water in my boat, the bags aren't full enough.