Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wake Events

Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-08-2013, 12:55 PM Reply   
Wow! That's how many boats volunteered for Wake the World events last year! What an incredible season, you guys are awesome! Our Wake the World family is growing like crazy! We have had events in 18 states + Alberta, Canada. We have already added 4 new events for 2014, NW Oregon, Mississippi, Smith Mt. Lake, VA and Lake Gaston, VA. A Wake the World event is a day that will likely change your life. Check our website and see what all the fuss is about. www.waketheworld.org Here is a promo video from 2012.
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       12-08-2013, 2:05 PM Reply   
Wake the world east texas was a great time. About 30 volunteers that have all pledged to help again in 2014. It really is a day that opens your eyes to how blessed we really are while making a child's eyes and heart open with joy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old     (CrazyHorse)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-08-2013, 2:42 PM Reply   
Looking forward to bringing Wake the World to Smith Mountain Lake!
Old     (brockhals)      Join Date: May 2012       12-08-2013, 3:27 PM Reply   
Can't wait for wake the world KY this year!
Old     (rbeckner27)      Join Date: Oct 2013       12-08-2013, 3:34 PM Reply   
I am down to help out with one at smith mountain lake. Let me know how I can help. Or even somewhere around the Richmond area at chesdin or lake Anna.
Old     (scottdunn)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-08-2013, 4:55 PM Reply   
Wake the World is an awesome organization. I look forward to it every year.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       12-08-2013, 5:45 PM Reply   
wake the world KC will be at Smithville lake again next july. First year coordinating. Never gonna stop. Greg started a great thing here.
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       12-08-2013, 10:16 PM Reply   
I would be more than happy to host an event up here in Vancouver Canada. We run a small wake school that be honoured to participate
Old     (Griggs24)      Join Date: Oct 2013       12-09-2013, 8:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by runin90lx View Post
Wake the world east texas was a great time. About 30 volunteers that have all pledged to help again in 2014. It really is a day that opens your eyes to how blessed we really are while making a child's eyes and heart open with joy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
What lake was this on in East Texas? We would like to volunteer for this in 2014.
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       12-09-2013, 9:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griggs24 View Post
What lake was this on in East Texas? We would like to volunteer for this in 2014.
Chase. it was held on Lake Tyler. just outside the tyler/whitehouse city limits.
Old     (Griggs24)      Join Date: Oct 2013       12-09-2013, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Chase. it was held on Lake Tyler. just outside the tyler/whitehouse city limits.
Thanks Bill. I looked it up on the site provided and I think we are going to try and attend all 3 in Texas this year. This sounds like a great event to be apart of.
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       12-09-2013, 9:12 AM Reply   
it really awesome! where are you located at?

we had several boats that drove almost 3 hours to attend ours this year. we only host appx 30 kids(with about 10-12 boats). it was a little intimidating at first but once you see the kids joking around and having a blast it is alot of fun to do.
Old     (Griggs24)      Join Date: Oct 2013       12-09-2013, 9:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
it really awesome! where are you located at?

we had several boats that drove almost 3 hours to attend ours this year. we only host appx 30 kids(with about 10-12 boats). it was a little intimidating at first but once you see the kids joking around and having a blast it is alot of fun to do.
I am located on lake Tawakoni. Its about an hour east of Rockwall, I am about 1.5 hours from lake Tyler. We will be there this year. Events like this, for me at least is what keeps this world/sport moving. I remember the day I was looking at the water wondering "Would I ever get the chance to do that". With it possible now, I would like to be one of the many people that answers that questions for others. I will talk to a few local riders from TWalk & see if we can get a few more boats out there from our lake. You can count on the EPIC making it out there.
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       12-09-2013, 9:50 AM Reply   
awesome!!
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-09-2013, 3:48 PM Reply   
Boat Bling was proud to support several WTW events across the country again! Had the privilege of volunteering in the past 2 local AZ events personally and had a great experience both times. Extremely rewarding. Looking forward to sponsoring more events in 2014.

zack@boatbling.net
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-09-2013, 4:46 PM Reply   
I would love to donate our boat and help out. I sent them an email, We are in Northern Cal.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-09-2013, 7:07 PM Reply   
My email has been a lot of fun in the last 24 hours! New events in Georgia, NorCal & Oxford, NC are looking promising. That would make 7 new events. That is a lot of happy kids getting an opportunity that would never happen without you guys! You guys are awesome!

Hey just so everyone knows... We also have an adaptive program as well. So if anyone is interested in hosting a handicap/wounded warrior type of event, let me know.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-16-2013, 1:12 PM Reply   
You guys are awesome! I have had some great messages....

These events are so incredible. Not only are you doing something awesome for the kids, you are also creating long lasting friendships. You will not believe the high caliber of people that volunteer for these events. I feel especially blessed because I know or have met most of them. There have also been a few romances that began at a WTW event.

I try make it to as many events as I can, but it has become impossible (and I am thankful that there are more events than I can go to) I try to make it to all the new events especially if they have never done an event.

The kids will absolutely melt your hearts......I absolutely love being there to share that joy!
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-03-2014, 9:46 PM Reply   
Things seem to to be cruising right along for 2014. Besides all of the events that we have been having, here the new ones or the ones that are in the process of being planned.
NW Oregon (Portland)
Vancouver, BC, CA
Mississippi
Georgia
Orlando, FL
SML, VA
Lake Gaston, VA
Oxford, NC
Lake Tillery, NC
NorCal
Denver, CO
Lake Tillery, NC
Austin, TX

Things are about to get real busy for me! Boat Shows, Wake N Flake, WSIA conference, fundraisers and then our season starts! I absolutely LOVE sharing our passion with others. It makes my life worthwhile...
Old     (brockhals)      Join Date: May 2012       03-05-2014, 5:02 PM Reply   
WtW KY on Tuesday 7/15!
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       05-22-2014, 12:38 PM Reply   
Hoping I can make it out to WTW Illinois in August!
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-01-2014, 12:30 AM Reply   
I have been keeping the website updated, find an event near you! www.waketheworld.org
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-03-2014, 5:53 AM Reply   
Greg, I remember the E-mail you sent out about an Oklahoma one but when I replied I never heard back. Any word on if it will happen or how to get it rolling?
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-03-2014, 7:46 AM Reply   
I don't have a boat this year but would like to come out to the IL event and help if needed!
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-15-2014, 8:55 AM Reply   
Not much happening in Oklahoma right now. Maybe in another year or so.