Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-04-2009, 10:42 PM Reply   
Looking for a reputable speaker shop in Colorado that I can trust my boat with. I live in Ft. Collins area. Any one have any good experiences? Any Recommendations? I am looking to throw in a ws-420. and a sub. I want to do some LED's also.
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-05-2009, 6:11 AM Reply   
SideWayz Pro Watersports
244 North College Ave.
Fort Collins
CO

970-224-3334 Phone

You might check with them, their website is down so I'm hoping they are still open.
Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-05-2009, 6:52 AM Reply   
I think they closed down. I havent actually driven by, but I think they are gone. I know there arent a ton of colorado guys on here, I dont necessarily need a boat dealer, just a stereo shop. I dont have a lot of expertise in that area.
Old     (hype29)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-05-2009, 7:23 AM Reply   
Sidewayz is long gone. Other than car toys and ultimate electronics, I don't really know of any good ones. I know there is a few smaller shops, but not sure if they do boats.You might have to grab the yellow pages and call around.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-05-2009, 7:34 AM Reply   
http://coloradoboatcenter.com/

Looks like they've won some awards for being a great dealer. can't hurt to give them a call.
Old     (hype29)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-05-2009, 7:44 AM Reply   
Colorado boat center took over as the Supra/Moomba dealer in the area. they also sell MBs. they would be a good one to call, maybe they know of some people
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-05-2009, 1:51 PM Reply   
Try Kustom Kar Audio in Boulder, ask for Clay. He's an awesome guy to work with. I bought two 750 amps from him to power my 2 Pro 485's, and had him install them both on a custom amp rack. I brought the boat up to Boulder from Grand Junction for the weekend for him to do the install. After installing them, Clay found that one of the amps had been damaged in shipping. He installed the one amp, but I had to be back in Grand Junction on Monday. When the replacement amp arrived at his shop, he drove all the way to Grand Junction and finished the install in my driveway! If you ask me, he went way above and beyond! Check him out out at 303-929-3399, and tell him Ryan Duckworth in Grand Junction sent you.
Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-05-2009, 1:53 PM Reply   
i would take it to car toys. it is a little pricy but they do good work and always warranty there products from my experiance. had them install the boat and truck. (in denver)
Old     (kidder)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-05-2009, 6:59 PM Reply   
Car Toys is the LAST place I would take anything. I prefer to do things myself but I'd go to a shop that actually has knowledgeable installers. I had a friend take his boat to Car Toys for two speakers and an amp. The wiring was messy and the install was just not very good.
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-05-2009, 7:27 PM Reply   
JackMackleson..... (Duckworth)
Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-05-2009, 7:57 PM Reply   
judd, why would he accept a job??? sounds to me like its his own fault. JJ, i think your right duckworth had his done in Boulder??
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-05-2009, 8:58 PM Reply   
Yep, I think it was Boulder. His system sounds real good!
Old     (175xt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-06-2009, 7:17 AM Reply   
Wakeboard & Waterski Specialty in Denver. They are a Tige Dealer, they install Wetsounds. Great shop!!!
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-06-2009, 8:47 AM Reply   
abe you should try installing that stuff your self save some cash. the ws420 amp sub leds are somewhat simple to install unless you are wanting something custom. hit me up I live in ft collins I could help you out if you decide to do it yourself.
Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-06-2009, 2:45 PM Reply   
Jarod, thanks, I thought that doing the 420 by itself would be no problem, but I think I am underpowered. I am currently running 4 pro 60x's plus my factory interior speakers off of one 4 channel amp (not sure of the exact power)

I am definitely a rookie when it comes to audio. I know what I want, just not how to get there.

so if you know how to do that stuff: add an amp and a 420. I would be up for some help.
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-06-2009, 7:39 PM Reply   
it sounds like you are definatly under powered. I installed two boston accustics amps wet sounds three some, ws420,light bar. just got done installing a bunch of red led's on the inside of the boat. I get a kick out of installing stuff like that I would be glad to help you out. always down to lend a hand to a fellow wakeboarder
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-06-2009, 8:06 PM Reply   
Abe, I say tackle it yourself. Do your research here on WW, on the internet and at your local stereo shops. Pick the brains of those who have the knowledge. Doing an install in a boat really isn't all that hard, it's just time consuming. There's plenty of people offering to help and I'm willing to help out and offer up any knowledge I have from my stereo install. I'm by NO means an expert in stereos but I did my research and learned alot. It's fun to see what others come up with that's unique to their install.

WW will have boat specific info on custom installs as well as info on the equipment. Your local stereo shop will have equipment knowledge as well. Do a search here on WW and you will find ALL the info you need. You can always start a thread looking for info.

Do it yourself and you'll get the satisfaction of doing it yourself as well as have more knowledge about your system. Which is nice when you have problems or want to do upgrades. I know where every wire runs in my boat that pertains to my system so when there's a problem I can diagnose it myself as well upgrade it myself.

Again, not as hard as you may think.

(Message edited by Kraig on April 06, 2009)
Old     (ronny)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-07-2009, 6:03 PM Reply   
The best guy to call in Ft Collins is Mike Scarpulla,
he works at Vanworks wich is now a Wetsounds dealer.
Mike did all our high end--custom installs at Sidewayz....you won't find anyone better in town!

(970)472-8401