Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    dbogart            07-09-2004, 3:12 PM Reply   
anybody use this boat to board behind? would like to hear some input from owners of this boat, am considering buying one.

thanks!
Old     (smackus)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-09-2004, 6:28 PM Reply   
My parents have owned a marina for 25 years on a local lake. Seen a lot of boats. Bayliners are a inexpensive pleasure boat with the cheapest build quality of almost any boat on the market. Inexpensive thats the name of the game. Cheap fiberglass (thin) and blown with a chopper gun. Cheap upholstery etc. Priced accordingly.
Old     (smackus)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-09-2004, 6:33 PM Reply   
And usually severely under powered with four cylinders and very small sixes. The mercruiser lower units rarely last more than 8 years.None of them do. OMC is worse. Never buy an omc lower unit. I have personally replaced dozens in rentals and customer boats. The old ones used to rip out the universals when the trim was raised to high under power. Tourists ripped them out all the time. The newer ones have other issues
Old    dbogart            07-10-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
anybody actually like this boat?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-10-2004, 10:46 AM Reply   
get something with a bigger engine. unfortunately that means an inboard or v-drive boat. But an I/O will suit your wakeboarding needs if you put a tower on it and add tons of weight.
Old    grampawakerider            07-11-2004, 7:00 AM Reply   
I have a 2000 Bayliner Capri 18ft w/ 190hp V-6. Only have 225 hrs on her, but never any problems. I added perfect pass to it and a tower and it does a good job. Also run about 1200 lbs in it. (People and sacs.)
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-11-2004, 8:08 AM Reply   
I have an 1986 bayliner capri 125 hp. Its been running for 18 years and is fine, except for the upholstey is trashed but the engine is fine.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-11-2004, 10:07 AM Reply   
i have the same set up as mark and it works great...190 hp is plenty of power...
I had 1990 bayliner capri 18ft with a force l-drive 90hp... way under powered but that is the boat I got hooked on wakeboarding with... also my first boat and an inexpensive way to learn lessons about new boat ownership!

the only thing bad I can tell you is to stay away from anything with a force engine!

Old    dbogart            07-11-2004, 8:49 PM Reply   
thanks guys, nice to hear people with different opinions on this one.