Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-27-2010, 6:47 AM Reply   
The kids are asking for a new tub and want something that holds three people. They like a nice fun but stable ride. Anybody with any experience have any recommendations on some that might work?
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-27-2010, 6:57 AM Reply   
One that stays of the lake that I ride on.

Take a look at the HO tubes. They are very high quality and a good buy for the money.
Old     (sse01)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-27-2010, 7:01 AM Reply   
We have an Airhead Viper 3. It works well for smaller kids and adults (teenagers may want something more extreme). We originally had a 3 person tube that did not have any padding/air cushions in the bottom of it; the women all complained that it was uncomfortable to them. In my opinion the cons are that it is rather large & heavy, and the price is not cheap.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...=FROOGLE_12095

Good luck!
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-27-2010, 7:34 AM Reply   
I'd say go with the BIg Mable. It came highly recommended a few years back by fellow WW'ers. I got mine new from an ebay dealer.

note: 2 person tube is easlily big enough for 3
Attached Images

Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-27-2010, 7:37 AM Reply   
The one that Costco sells is a freaking riot and everyone loves it. It's made by HO if i remember. If you bust it Costco will take it back no prob.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-27-2010, 8:14 AM Reply   
If I was a kid with that 230, I wouldnt be tubing
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-27-2010, 8:57 AM Reply   
The Super Screamer by Obrien is a great tube! Check it out.

Jman
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-27-2010, 9:22 AM Reply   
Take a look at the Molecule. It will easily hold three large riders, and it is nearly impossible to flip over.
Old     (blondesrule)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-27-2010, 1:27 PM Reply   
The seadoo one that costco sells is what we use. it is hard to slip over so good for the little ones. Comfortable and has molded in backrests for them too.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-28-2010, 11:52 AM Reply   
A flat one with lots of holes in it. LOL
Old     (boomboom)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-28-2010, 12:29 PM Reply   
I have the Super Mable and I wouldn't recommend it for the following reasons.

-it sinks VERY easily and often if you're riding with the curved part back. it likes to submarine for some reason
-it is VERY easy to catch air under it and flip it over. you ever try to flip a giant sized, soaking wet tube back over while you're treading water??? you can't--gotta drag tube back to the boat and flip it over from the swim deck
-it's freaking HUUUUUUUGE (yeah, I know, not always a negative)
-there is no quick disconnect built on it so you need to buy one or else good luck getting the rope off the attachment point
-riding it solo is next to impossible since it flys away so easily

on the positive side:
-if your kids enjoy going SLOW it's a fun tube to cruise around on
-if they like to wrestle or king of the hill while at anchor, it's a great tube to play on
-if they like to ride it on their knees (curved side forward) it's a fun tube. my kids complain their feet,knees, back hurt too fast that way

I have two small one person tubes that I use 99% of the time. the kids and adults like to battle to try and knock the other off.

just my $.02
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-28-2010, 4:01 PM Reply   
IF you get a tube with holes to sit in I personally would get one that has the holes staggered like this one. otherwise you risk a greater problem of neighboring riders bashing their heads together!!! i have seen this happen a couple of times on tubes with riding holes side by side. its not fun at all. when your in a seated position heads have more swaying room to get that head-to-head bash momentum going.

this tube is Straight Line and has inflated pads in each hole. it has 7 seperate chambers to inflate (a little annoying): 3 pads in holes, 3back/arm rests, and then the main form. there are zippers that boarder the pads on the inside and on crazy fast bumpy rides you will have a tendancy to sink your feet down and into the sides of the pads in the seat holes where they will rub against the zippers. a pair of socks remedies this completely... i know it sounds a little silly. it is fun for 1, 2 or 3 riders. with one rider we experimented with having the rider ride just behind the middle back rest and put each foot in the side seat holes, it was fun
Attached Images

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-28-2010, 4:06 PM Reply   
the battling tubes idea jason mentioned is a hit too. soo much can be done with multiple (single or even double rider) tubes, and easier to store and carry too

also check out the new "DO-Ables" by sports stuff. STEARABLE TUBES. looks fun. there are video-demos too on their site... bet it would make dueling tubes that much more fun!
http://sportsstuff.com/
Old     (kvoman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-29-2010, 7:53 AM Reply   
We just bought the 4-person HO tube from Costco. It looks just like their 3-person tube but there's a place for a 4th person at the back of the tube (behind the other 3 seats), sort of a daredevil open seat. It's pretty cool and the kids love it. Very very stable and smooth. 3 bladders to inflate instead of 2 like their 3-person tube. Best of all, it's $169.99 and comes with a 60' tow rope. Call you local Costco because not every Costco carries it.

Last edited by kvoman; 04-29-2010 at 7:55 AM.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-29-2010, 8:23 AM Reply   
I wouldn't go with the ones with the holes for seating, it means you are closer to sitting on the water and makes for a rough ride on the azz
Old     (dan_lorenze)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-30-2010, 7:42 AM Reply   
I want to try the HO Atom.. Looks like a good design and a smooth ride.. I've found that Overtons is way over priced on towables. ebay and costco seem to have the best deals..
Old     (younguns44)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-30-2010, 10:01 PM Reply   
costco