Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    big_air_daddy            05-29-2003, 8:39 AM Reply   
More pics on the thread "college fund". This is a 23ft/102in beam big bad boy.
Old    big_air_daddy            05-29-2003, 8:43 AM Reply   
Here we go!
Old    big_air_daddy            05-29-2003, 6:27 PM Reply   
here is a shot of the inside
Old    flipout            05-29-2003, 7:30 PM Reply   
if you don't mind. How much did you pay for that toy? Im thinking of a new toy. But I don't know if i should get a used one or a new one. I have a malibu tantrum and we have out grown it. "a few years a go"
Old    big_air_daddy            05-30-2003, 12:50 PM Reply   
Dogg
You can pick one up in the low 30s to high 30s loaded. I was in your situation earlier, we outgrown our skiboat too...Move up to a mult-sport boat that allows for a good salom wake with a good board wake...Look and ask question to make YOUR decesion...
Old    big_air_daddy            06-02-2003, 2:24 PM Reply   
Dogg,
Go to Gekko's website for more info on there line-ups..
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-02-2003, 2:26 PM Reply   
got any pics of the wake?
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-02-2003, 4:11 PM Reply   
Very nice interior, I have never seen the interior of one of those boats. Very clean. Whats the power plant?

(Message edited by sdub on June 02, 2003)
Old    big_air_daddy            06-02-2003, 4:33 PM Reply   
S,
The plant is a merc 350 mpi 315 horse..Not the fastest in town but plenty of power out of the hole when weighted...Thanx
Old    ryde4life            06-04-2003, 7:56 AM Reply   
Whoevere designed Gekkos or even said they were a good wakeboard boat is full of s**t. They suck!
Old    sandman            06-04-2003, 8:46 AM Reply   
Easy RL. No need to slam someone elses pride and joy. There are a lot of people who would say the same thing about your Centurion.
Old    big_air_daddy            06-04-2003, 1:07 PM Reply   
Thanks bryce, I can handle comments like this..Hey RL, Were is your boat built at? The same place my boat is built at... Fineline industries! In fact our boats share alot of the same technogies, I.C.S construction, gelcoating, gauges, snap out carpet, vinyls etc..the hull designs is were the difference lies...I never stated that the G3 was a world class wb boat..But it looks and rides cool and the G3 cost a helluva alot less than yours!So enjoy your ride that will look like everyone else...
Old     (mastercraft7100)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-04-2003, 1:51 PM Reply   
I think that funny when some someone dog a boat when there boat is in the same class of boats. Answer this: If you pay a lot for you boat will you have more fun that a guy that pay a lot less that you?
Old    sandman            06-04-2003, 1:58 PM Reply   
Doh! I bet he didn't know this before he ran off with the mouth. How funny. All that matters is that you like your own boat. I doubt we will be hearing back from RL.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-04-2003, 3:50 PM Reply   
J.Mac,
From what I understand, Fineline doesn't make boats.. they are simply a distributor of the boat manufacturers. I know they do Gekko, Centurion, Sanger, Supreme, etc.
Regardless, it's a cool looking boat with what appears to be very plush, roomy interior. Enjoy that baby!!
How's the wake?

B-

(Message edited by Barry on June 04, 2003)
Old    steveaz            06-04-2003, 4:35 PM Reply   
I've got a question...The boat is wedge shaped, makes sense but if the boat is level in the water it seems like the swim deck would be submerged, is this the case? I'm guessing that provided there isn't excessive weight in the back, bow rise is pretty minimal..

Lets see pics of the wake, cool looking boat...different, but different's good.

Oh, and you better get some Gator grip for that thing, you've got 3 sides of that transom to ding up.

Good luck with it, and give us more detail.

Congrats and enjoy.

Steve
Old    big_air_daddy            06-04-2003, 5:12 PM Reply   
Barry, I don't know about the distrubution part but i do know for a fact that both boats are built at the same factory...Steveaz, The wedge shape profile makes the nose seem a little heavy, but the platform is above the waterline..You are right, not much of a bow rise too..I have 1600lbs of ballast in the bad boy..Handles real well and throws a decent wake..will post pics later..heading to Shasta in 1 week...
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-04-2003, 8:15 PM Reply   
It's truly all the persective your coming from, if your one of us with a older i/o or outboard and are drooling for anything that even resembles a cool wakeboard boat then these posts really get you motivated to spend some money. If you have one of the most expensive wakeboard boats on the planet then there must be much less drool.

Anything from Fineline, Skiers Choice or a host of others would be a monumental upgrade for many of us.

Bill
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-05-2003, 6:46 AM Reply   
Monster,

with the price and functionality of your towers being so impressive, I doubt it will be long before you own the boat of your choice.

J.Mac,

you should drive down to Shasta and hook up with the Wakeworld gang the week after the 4th. It would be great to see that boat in person.

Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-05-2003, 7:03 AM Reply   
Berry

Fineline is the Manufacturer of Gekko, Centurion, Supreme, and where for Tige before they built there own plant.

You are thinking about Kal Custom they are a West coast distributor of Gekko, Centurion, Sanger, Supreme, etc
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-05-2003, 11:28 AM Reply   
Kevin, you are exactly correct.. I am thinking of Kal Custom, Not sure why I was thinking Fineline. I hate when I think I know what I'm talking about.
Anyway, thanks for the correction.

B-
Old    big_air_daddy            06-08-2003, 6:49 PM Reply   
Cliff,
Where do you boyz hang out at shasta? Oh and hopefully girlz too! We have a house boat by the dam..would love to show ya the G3....
Old    gekkoman            06-08-2003, 11:41 PM Reply   
J Mac, where are you located. It would be nice to get together with other Gekko owners. I see you have OR license number. Are you located in Oregon? I have a pic of my GTR in the Waterski thread. I've research the Gekko designs thoughly and Met Mark at Gekko personaly. I might be able to answer some questions if anyone has any.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-09-2003, 6:05 AM Reply   
J.Mac,

E-mail me for the details of the gathering, it's going to be a blast.
Old    big_air_daddy            06-09-2003, 12:42 PM Reply   
Daniel,
I am located in Medford...Did you buy your boat from Don Clark at the Pro Shop?..Great guy Don is!...I met Mark at the Boat show in 2002 in Ptld...Cool guy with neat ideas...There is a Gto 22 in our area too bought at the Pro Shop..I had a GTR22 before the G3..A salom machine!!!!!! Now with kids, boarding with a few salom sets is where we are now...
Old    gekkoman            06-09-2003, 7:15 PM Reply   
Ya I'm from Vancouver and bought the boat from Don He's great to work with. I have the first GTR with the new trunk in the back. I skied behind evey ski boat in the Portland area it took me four months. The GTR is great because it wakes (Slalom) are way better at slow speed than any other boat. I already have 25hrs on it. I try to go three times a week. 15 minutes to the lake. Not planing on going south this year but will be at the Cove the fisrt two weeks of Aug. The only month I did not ski this year was in January. I had a Fourwinns before this boat. Do you have the MPI?