Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    splais            05-03-2004, 8:28 PM Reply   
Well, just kidding. Went to the river out at Fugie for the first time this year in about six months last Saturday. Oh, my, how much fun. I hadn't been out with my boat in like 9 months for a number of reasons. The water is now mid 70's and it was sooo much fun. But man, were was everybody. There was only maybe one or two other boats out there all day. For that matter what happened to all the "old gang" I used to see on here. Haven't been here for months and months. What happened to the Drop Zero crew, Todd, Thane, et all. Did you all get to old and retire.

Steve

(Message edited by splais on May 03, 2004)
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-03-2004, 9:42 PM Reply   
Steve,

I live in Tucson, and drive by Yuma frequently. Tell me about Martinez and Fergussen. I assume you are talking about these spots near Yuma? Are they good places to ride? How is the current? I have spent a lot of time In Parker and the current makes it difficult.

Dave Garland
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-04-2004, 10:13 AM Reply   
Steve - what's been up man? I've seen you online a couple times and I try to send you a message and no response. Anyway, I'd love to get out there again this summer. I don't think I made it out there once this past summer, but the Summer before that was GOOOOOD TIMES!!
Old    splais            05-04-2004, 10:31 AM Reply   
Thane, that's kind of weird, because I had tried to IM you a couple times and it kept saying you were off line. I'll give it another try. Josh came down and we went out all day Saturday. Drove by Todds but it was boarded up tight.

Dave, forget it. It s*****. to much current, to much wind. to many howlies, sand bars, rocks, boy scouts. sheriffs, jet skies. Geeesh I wish we has someplace else to go.

Just kidding of course. the entire world wakeboards out there. It's basically awesome most of the time compared to San V or anyplace over there. You can wake up and down the river for several miles. And Fugie is about a mile north of the Fisher boat launch. That's generally were the best water is under all conditions. The main river gets pretty choppy after 10,000 jetboats and jetskis go by. While it's generally safe everywhere you really need to talk to a regular your first trip because there are places you can get in trouble. The basic guidance for the entire area:
(1) watch for sand bars in the main river until you know were they are.
(2) do not drive close to any rock outcrop anyplace until you know it well.
(3) Stay ten yards from any shore until you know its clear of stumps.
(4) Stay away from the far West side of Furgie (tree stumps)
thats about it.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-04-2004, 11:11 AM Reply   
We are already planning our annual pilgrimage to Fergie for Memorial Day weekend. I hope to see you guys out there....and good question Steve...where has the DZ crew been?
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-04-2004, 11:19 AM Reply   
funny thing for you all if you look at this pic of Fergie the DZ crew Mastercraft is in the background with Todd Gaeble in tow.

Fergie
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       05-04-2004, 2:18 PM Reply   
Randy, when you going in for surgery? I might be going in on the 25th of May.
Old    joshn            05-04-2004, 6:08 PM Reply   
Hey Steve dont kid anyone it took us 30 min. just to get you into the water. Thane, I plan on heading down there quite a bit this summer. Hit me up if you want to cruise up there one weekend.
Dave, Martinez isnt that great for boarding, exspecialy if its windy. Fergie is pretty good, but it can get pretty packed there durning the summer with boats. Its usually best in the late afternoon.