Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (cody_08_lsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-09-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
I have a 08 23lsv and I know some of you guys have LOTS of ballast in ur lsv's on top of the stock so can i please have some info on what your running/how ur running it or PICS ..

is there a flyhigh system out there that I can link into my stock pumps?? i gotta get this thing slammed!
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-09-2008, 3:37 PM Reply   
I haven't heard of someone plumbing in sacks with their hard tanks off the same pump, but I see no reason why you can't do it.

If I had the 23 (Which I wanted but couldn't afford... I WILL HAVE ONE!) I would just use some 750's from Fly High in the lockers and use the Tsunami pump. Takes very little time to fill and empty. May not be the cleanest way to do it, but it's easy as heck. You'd need something along the lines of a bow sack too.
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-09-2008, 4:02 PM Reply   
my 08 23LSV will be here next week, and I have plans to plumb two 750's in the rear. A buddy of mine did his as a separate system...separate switches and pumps. This makes it easy for him to pull the system out when he sells his boat for a new one. He's going to help me with mine, so I'll gladly share my plans with you once he and I get together. It'll be a couple of weeks from now before I get around to it though....
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-09-2008, 5:00 PM Reply   
one of my buddies uses a 750 on each side of the engine, a bow sack that is shaped like the bow is so it takes up the whole bow, and a 750 on the floor in the middle of the boat.

my other buddy has lead stashed all over. i think about 1500 lbs worth
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-09-2008, 5:02 PM Reply   
There are some people that have plumbed sacks into their VLX's. Run the overflow from the hard tank to the inlet of the sac ontop. Then run the overflow out of the sac out the boat. That's the simplest way to do it. It takes a little while longer but unless you want to add additional pumps. This also fills the hard tanks first before filling the sac ontop. When draining gravity pushes the water out of the sac into the hard tank as it drains.
Old     (cody_08_lsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-09-2008, 5:10 PM Reply   
Nu bu thats what i was thinking it seems simple enough and mark if you would send me those plans i would greatly appreciate it! just one ? how n the heck do 750's fit n the locker do you take the false floor out?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-09-2008, 5:12 PM Reply   
There is no point in takign the floor out, you sure they won't fit. Stuff them in there, they will fill up as much as they can it won't hurt anything. That's alot of weight in the rear though. Do you plan on using the wedge?
Old     (cody_08_lsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-09-2008, 5:40 PM Reply   
well i have the 400s right now and they fit nice but i am thinking about getting the 750s and i do use the wedge usually almost all the way down just to steepn it up a lil but if i put a 1000 n the bow n 2 750s in back i dont think i would use it is that what you would do?
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-09-2008, 5:41 PM Reply   
I know the 750's won't fill all the way....just planning to let them fill as much as they can. Once the boat comes...I might decide to go with smaller sacs. I'd like to get as much back there as possible for the occasional surf set. I'm also planning on 600-800 in pop bags spread around the boat as necessary...and even an extra bag in the nose if necessary :-) I'll use the wedge if needed, but a few local buddies have LSV's and they prefer the wake with no wedge provided they're running enough weight.
Old     (cody_08_lsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-09-2008, 5:58 PM Reply   
i have been a friends lsv with about 3k and no wedge n it was massive and very clean thats y im soo interested n doing mine now but does ANYONE have a PIC of the 750s in the compartments?? thanks for the imput guys
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-09-2008, 6:44 PM Reply   
hey Cody...do you perhaps know John Sorensen, Brian Smith, Adryan & Scott(forget their last names)...all from the Midland/Odessa area? John has a 07 Nautique 236 and Brian has a VLX....they come to Austin every year for Waketoberfest and I meet them on the Brazos sometimes too...

(Message edited by fletch_tx on April 09, 2008)
Old     (cody_08_lsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-09-2008, 6:59 PM Reply   
no i dont but i actually live close to John the 236 your talking about because it is the only one in the area but i dont know any of them personally i didnt realize that i had anyone near me besides my best friends that rode serously thanks for the info
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-09-2008, 7:10 PM Reply   
I'll give you an email introduction if you're interested...or just come to waketoberfest this October! They've all made the trip for the last 7 years in a row...

so...tell me about the LSV...how do you like it so far...I can't freakin' wait till next weeK when mine is supposed to arrive!!!

(Message edited by fletch_tx on April 09, 2008)
Old     (cody_08_lsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-09-2008, 7:19 PM Reply   
it is soo sick u will love the new dash stuff like how all the toggle swiches are in the two lcd diplays it is really cool the boat also turns like a dream i bet u didnt know u also have a trash can on board lol the new back end with the little seat to put ur board on is super nice theres soo much stuff i cant even get started but u will b in love the second u drive it and i was planning on going to waketoberfest and also the pwt stop in dallas ft worth at the end of may
Old     (brian_young)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-10-2008, 9:20 PM Reply   
I just got my '08 VLX last week and was looking to add some hidden weight in the rear as well. However, I noticed there is a warning sign in the lockers that state, "not for ballast, do not place more than 75 lbs in lockers", or something along those lines. How is everyone dealing with this weight limit?
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-11-2008, 2:35 AM Reply   
Brian,

I put a 400 in each locker with no problems. When we surf, I put one 400 on top of the other, and fill them up to where I can still close the hatch. Like I said, no problems at all.
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       04-11-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
brian just make sure you fill the hard tank first and it wont be an issue. i have an 07 and run 750`s all day long.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       04-11-2008, 9:05 AM Reply   
there was an article over at themalibucrew.com not long ago about doing this.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-12-2008, 11:59 PM Reply   
750 in the trunk plumbed with 4 pumps (2 in and 2 out)
Upload
Upload