Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-23-2008, 7:15 PM Reply   
I have a 85 SN 2001 that was my first boat with a tick less than 800 hours. The exterior is I would call 90-95% with no blistering, minimal scratching and no sun fading. The interior has solid floors, solid stringers, and a solid motor. The boat literally needs nothing and I would sell it with the matching factory correct craft trailer. It has been stupid dependable for me and the only reason I am offing it is that I got a killer deal on a sport nautique before winter. I want to get a decent price for the boat of course and the season for selling isnt guite here yet but I was curious if I was ballpark in the 8900 range open to offers. I have had a couple interseted since I listed it last year but nothing really solid or interested enough to offer. Is it the season that is causing this or is my price high? I have seen few nicer for cheaper but have seen many for the 5 figure mark which I think is too much.

What do you think? I know I have some time and I dont need to sell it, but I was just looking for some input.
Old    falcon_v            03-23-2008, 7:26 PM Reply   
NADA with no ad on's
http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=1-24-38-5697-0-0-0&l=1&w=24&p=38&f=5698&m=0420&d=1600047912&y=1985& ml=C&gc=MR&gtc=MR

I would guess in my own personal opion if it is the one in the profile about 5,000-6,500 just depends what you have done to it again that is just an opion.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-23-2008, 7:36 PM Reply   
that nada is WAY low. without pics ya cant really tell, but if its perfect 7-8 would probably be reasonable
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-23-2008, 7:41 PM Reply   
NADA on a boat that old is hard to guage. Same with cars especially in MN. It says my 95 mustang is worth like 4k when I could easily sell it for 6500 or better because it is in exceptional shape. I just sold my wife's 90 mustang that NADA said was a 1800 car for 6500 last week. It can really vary, especaially with age. I felt it was the same for the boat. There is one other in the area that is the same year and hours but is really beat up being sold for 7500 at a dealer. I figure mine was worth 1500 more than that one but I would find it hard to take 4k for a boat that seem to be going for double for an average one. I am also in a region that you can actively use the boat for 5 months a year.
Old    falcon_v            03-23-2008, 7:48 PM Reply   
You also got to go with what it sold for new and how things depreciate in value and also where you live. What all have you done to it since you had it, if you restored it then you could up the price. This is just all my opion I am not trying to offend any one.
Old    falcon_v            03-23-2008, 7:56 PM Reply   
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1995-Correct-Craft--Nautique--Ski-Nautique-Ski-Nautique-92130127
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-23-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
no its cool, I understand. What it was bought for is irrelevent, I was just looking for a value right now. I bought it for average then, but I dont know how much it has changed. Since I have bought it, I had the carb rebuilt, new exhaust hoses and manifolds, a Custom CD sterio with speakers, I have a pylon I would let go with it, electronic ignition, some new breakers, new seat bases. and that is about it I guess. I will try to upload some pics and I hope it works
Oh well I guess I cant do it without resizing my already small pics. I have some loaded on a hosting website but cant figure out how to link them.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-23-2008, 8:04 PM Reply   
Chris, that boat is way underpriced. I could easily buy it and sell it here for almost double. A GT40 boat for under 15k is very hard to come by. It was at an auction site so it may be to garner interest in the site at that price.
Old    falcon_v            03-23-2008, 8:06 PM Reply   
Where there is a boat there is a buyer sorry not trying to burst your bubble I would list it the same as that other boat that is like yours and I think it would be fast sell and good change 7500.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-23-2008, 8:11 PM Reply   
http://www.winboatsweb.com/dealers/1/boatdetail/US-CTC18128E685_1985-Correct-Craft-Ski-Nautique.html Here is the one that I spoke of

http://www.sonwatersports.com/pics.jsp?boatid=532
Here is mine. I was told by the dealer to start out here but was wondering if it was in there. Like I said I only have this one boat to compare it to. That other one I have seen in person and the interior is a little ratty and the exterior is sun faded to beat the band. Im not trying to justify my price were it is, but more wondering if both are set high. When comparing the 2 I would say it is priced accordingly to were that one is at.
Old    falcon_v            03-23-2008, 8:18 PM Reply   
Cool also look at all websites that have boats that you can compare it to. It is all about how you list it and also try to find some one who is looking to get in to an I/O and sell them on the saftey factor of your prop location and ect.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-23-2008, 8:29 PM Reply   
I compared a lot to Correctcraftfan and OMG do they all want a damn mint for their 2001s. Very skewed. I also hit the2001.com and found about the same. I really wanted to compare to local guys but there are nearly none to compare with locally. I seem to still be on the lower end of the spectrum at the 8900 range but still is no interest when a boat more beat up than mine with a cheap tower for 10K is getting more interest. It confuses the hell out of me to be honest. I will do more research tomorrow and see what else i can find on other websites. I am hoping it is just the season killing the interest and the late ice out. I really dont need to sell it for the money right now but it would be nice to get it gone It is the last of 3 things I wanted to sell as of recently. Funny thing is that they all had little interest but they were sold by the second person to look at them. I hope I am just being impatient.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-23-2008, 8:30 PM Reply   
BTW, thanks for the input I also appreciate the future input coming my way.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-23-2008, 10:44 PM Reply   
I sold my 87 nautique for 7500 or so last year. It had low hours but there was a soft spot in the floor and the gelcoat wasn't perfect. The trailer was ugly as well. The interior looked almost new though. I think starting it off around 8900 is a perfect start. It doesn't sound like you really need to sell it fast so there is no harm in starting high and seeing if you can get it.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-24-2008, 3:45 AM Reply   
I would guess the boat buying season hasn't hit full swing in MN yet and unless there is a cash flow situation I would hold out until the end of April before lowering the asking price. For old rides value is all about condition and would guess that $8900 is a reasonable place to start but not having a tower, even a cheap one, may be holding interest back. The only people that would be willing to pay that much for a 20y.o. closed bow are serious minded wakeboarders on a budget and the tower is a big deal.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-24-2008, 6:24 AM Reply   
i see a couple things:
1. way early for Minn. its still "winter prices" up there I would assume. time to steal something. you'll have much better luck in a month or two.
2. you're selling an old mediocre slalom boat. put a boom on that thing, throw a sac in it. Few people understand the value of this boat and they never will if you don't bill it as a wakeboat.
3. Broaden your advertising. people will drive hours and hours to drive a look at a 2001 in good shape IF THEY UNDERSTAND THAT ITS A WAKEBOAT.
I think you're price is right. good luck.
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-24-2008, 8:42 AM Reply   
I sold an 86 last year for $13,000. last year. It was really nice with NDT tower and TowerBimini , 400 hours and a great stereo.

It all depends on the market.

Dont be afraid to hold out if you think yours is worth more. Be prepared to explain why you think yours is worth more.