Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Hydrofoiling

Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-27-2007, 9:29 AM Reply   
I've been thinking about picking up an airchair or ski ski. I've never been on one, and from what I've read, I think I'll go with a sky ski. I definitely want to stay under $2000. Which model would be good to start with and where to get them? Any links?

I haven't seen anything on ebay in awhile but am in no rush and could wait till next Spring.
Old     (peachman)      Join Date: May 2004       09-27-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
You can get into a complete new two peice billet foil from Sky Ski under your price point at $1595.00
http://tinyurl.com/3dech6
This is a great starter foil that you can add a shock tower to or Evo seat. This ski has a lot of potential that you won't out grow quickly.
Here are a couple other resellers depending on your location:
http://www.foil-n.com/products.asp?cat=34
or
http://cinchmax.com/_wsn/page2.html

Let me know if I can help further,
JT
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-27-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
Thanks, I've seen one of those links to the Sky Ski Pro SS before and couldn't find it again for some reason. That's the one I was thinking of.

What's the difference between that one on the 1st link and the $1449 one on the 2nd link?

I went ahead and joined one of the airfoil Yahoo groups, too, to help get started and get more info.
Old     (peachman)      Join Date: May 2004       09-27-2007, 12:12 PM Reply   
There won't be any difference in the foil assemblies themselves, you might not get the '08 deck with the differnet graphics? If you are willing to spend the 2k, you can add the shock tower and still be very close to your price point with shipping. The shock tower will give you easier landings, however not really necessary unless you are dealing with back issues. The only other thing I might recommend is having the foil anodized so you are not having to polish the foil on a regular basis. I'm not sure where you are from or what kind of water you will be riding in, however some water will make the foil tarnish quicker than others. Either way, it's nice not having to mess with polishing the foil. When they tarnish, it does effect the ride somewhat. I think this can be added for around $150.00

Is this the group you joined?
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Hydrofoil/

Also check out --> www.foilfreaks.com

Good luck and have fun!
JT
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-27-2007, 12:36 PM Reply   
I'm in San Diego.

I'll be in salt water almost all the time. I didn't know about the anodized option or what that was even, so I'll keep that in mind.

That is the group I joined. I've seen the foilfreaks site before. I'll bookmark that one.
Old     (peachman)      Join Date: May 2004       09-27-2007, 12:48 PM Reply   
Cool...

If you are going to be in salt, I would go with the anodizing for sure.

JT
Old     (peachman)      Join Date: May 2004       09-28-2007, 8:17 AM Reply   
Brett,

I sent you an e-mail with information about a SS for sale on ebay, let me know if you got that message. Not sure if I have the correct address?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       09-28-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
Brett,
If you're going to look at any upgrades I personally would get the evolution tower as opposed to the shock tower. It's cheaper,lighter, and still travels to give you relief on big landings. If you get serious about foiling you'll outgrow the shocktower. I've ridden all the towers and the EVO is by far the best, and is priced well. Call sky ski and talk with Travis. Outstanding customer service and product support.

(Message edited by bstroop on September 28, 2007)