Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    masonlakerider            04-05-2003, 9:24 PM Reply   
Has anyone tried the Samson/Phat buddy tower with integrated board racks on an '03 SAN Team Edition. How do you like the tower...does it look good/better...any pictures!? Why would you choose one over the other?
Old    masonlakerider            04-06-2003, 7:44 PM Reply   
Anyone?
Old    heldoorn            04-06-2003, 8:24 PM Reply   
i keep my tower and racks all factory cause 03 comes with clips they hold the boards fine and if anything happens they break and the board falls off and hits the boat its all under warrany scratchs and all.... does that make any sense
Old    masonlakerider            04-06-2003, 11:27 PM Reply   
Good thinkin, Thanks
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-06-2003, 11:42 PM Reply   
Phat Buddy tower on an 03 SAN?

That is like frosting a cake with poop.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-07-2003, 2:24 AM Reply   
Sir Dane, I believe the grammatically correct term would be "crap cake" and I couldn't agree with you more..... :-)
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-07-2003, 7:15 AM Reply   
You cannot buy a Team Edition without the Tower and Flight clips. CC will not reimburse you on it, unless the dealer puts Team decals on a limited, or works some other deal.

I put a Boss Belmont Tower w/ Warp Racks on a 03 SAN and I love it!

Man, I have never heard of Flightclips breaking, but if that does happen, it should be warrantable. That would suck!!!
Old    masonlakerider            04-07-2003, 7:48 PM Reply   
Do you have any pics of your Boss Tower on there?
Old    skippyh2o            04-07-2003, 8:56 PM Reply   
The good thing about SAMSON towers are is that they DO-NOT rattle. I am so sick of comebacks because of those stupid pro-flight towers. Excuse my french but, I am a die-hard SAMSON lover. As for "crap-cakes", sorry you have to spend so much for a SAN and you cant pick any other options. Great boat, dont get me wrong, but I thing customer service with the manufacturer could be a whole lot better if they didnt think there "crap" didnt stink. Hopefully I started the "replies"!!!
AND the integrated board racks will not break!!
Old    steveaz            04-07-2003, 9:01 PM Reply   
Funny, the second to the worst tower I have ever witnessed was a Phat Buddy tower on a Malibu. That thing shook more from side to side than any tower I have witnessed to date...come to think of it I don't remember it making a lot of noise though...guess you're right Skip.

In all fairness this was probably a 2 or 3 year old tower, don't know what kind of changes they've made since then.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-07-2003, 9:15 PM Reply   
Skippy,
Sorry I wasn't clear: I own a '03 22v Riders with a Boss Swoop? Not a SAN... And I was referring to the idea of a cake "frosted with poop" when I disclosed my super great idea of "crap-cakes"---not taking a cheap jab at your love for Samson Towers....Nice profile pic, which Samson model would that be?
To each his own my friend..... :-)
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-07-2003, 10:05 PM Reply   
Chad,

You need to get the factory tower, it may void your hull warranty if you get any other tower. Check with CC before you make a decision.

Bill
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-07-2003, 10:24 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, as far as comments on CC's support, products or patent licencing details - I need to keep my mouth shut which goes against evertying I stand for!

All the towers mentioned above have very happy customers, are great product and are from good companies. Just dont leave CC an out on warranty issues after investing in such a sweet sled.

Bill
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-08-2003, 7:26 AM Reply   
From what I was told by my dealer, you will not void your lifetime hull warranty or your 5 year bumper-bumper warranty by putting on a different tower. You will void any warranty where the damage was produced by a poor tower install job or poor engineering.

Stress cracks around the feet of the tower is a good example. These are usually produced by a poor install job and would not be warrantable by CC. Which, in my opinion, is fair.

But, like anything on this board, go investigate yourself, don't take my word for it!

Skip, I have a problem seeing where CC's Support and customer service is questioned? If you want a Team edition, all you are buying is a PACKAGE of options with a different name. You can buy a limited, with all the options of a team, and they will be IDENTICAL boats. If your worried about not having the name, I am sure your dealer can hook you up with the stickers. I have seen at least one limited with a TEAM sticker on this board.

If you don't want the FCT or flightclips, that is fine, buy a limited or signature. They give you the option to buy what you want.

Hope that helps.

Chad, check my profile.