Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 07, 2006

Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-29-2006, 11:52 AM Reply   
I have been riding the TFD/3DS shape for the past three years, but am making the switch to Liquid Force this year because of a team promo sponsorship deal. I am looking at both the new PS3 and the new Watson. Which board is going to land softer? I have had knee sugery before so I want a soft landing board. I would also just like to hear what people think about these boards. Thanks.
Andrew
Old     (grenade)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-29-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
I'm also looking at the Watson board, not for the same reason just more curious than anything..I have the lf team
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-29-2006, 5:00 PM Reply   
I rode my watson today, the board is extremely light. It's fast and the pop is unbeleivable. The tracking is not the best IMO but not bad. I don't like the rolled edges on the PS3.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-29-2006, 6:10 PM Reply   
personnally cominf from the 3DS i would think that you wouldn't like the Watson. I tried the watson out and the board had tons of pop but the tracking in my opinion was not that good. It never had a consistent feeling hold like I have with my Subjekt and now my Shane. With the center fin in i think it would edge very good but you would lose the entire quick release feel off the wake. I think the Shane would edge closer to the 3ds it would just have a different feel off the wake with a little more pop. The Shane is also faster than the watson
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-29-2006, 7:02 PM Reply   
william, does the shane track way better than the watson?
Old     (jeffrpod)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-29-2006, 7:35 PM Reply   
I ride (and love) the 05 Substance. Tested the PS3 late last season and I couldn't really tell the difference from my Substance - although I only rode it for a few minutes in 3 ft chop behind a fully loaded X-Star . I intend to try Watson's board in the spring, but I don't want a board that doesn't track and hold an edge well. Keep us posted...
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-29-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
William, the reason that I wasn't looking at the Shane was that I have read reviews that it lands hard which isn't good for my knees. I have heard the PS3 and the Watson land softer. Thanks for the comments and keep them coming.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-30-2006, 3:57 AM Reply   
The Shane lands softer than the Subjekt but the wtson and Shane were very close on soft landings. I would think the Watson tracks the same as the Substance but coming from my Subjekt it didn't have the same edge hold that i am use to. That is why i stuck with the Shane.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-30-2006, 9:59 AM Reply   
I didn't get to ride the Watson b/c I was trying my own new stuff but after checking the bottom out and checking my Substance,I would think the Shane board would be more like the Substance.If I get a chance to ride it again,I'll definitely go for a spin...Board looks SIIIICK!!!
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-30-2006, 8:23 PM Reply   
Have any of you all ridden the PS3? I hear it lands very soft and is more of a wake-to-wake board which I think that I would like.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-03-2006, 3:51 PM Reply   
I should be the test bed for what lands soft and what doesn't - had a problem with runner's knee last two years and landings make a huge difference. I loved the Shane, but man my knees hurt afterwards. I will ride the watson soon. The substance wasn't too bad on the landings, but it wasn't too easy either. I will never ride a parks again. ;-)
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-03-2006, 4:51 PM Reply   
Watson, to me is a very slow board and has alot of drag on the water. It dose have good pop but if you don't keep it on edge or have a good tech then it dosn't pop good once the edge it let off the pop is gone.

Now for the PS3 I found it super fast to the wake and has more pop than the watson. To me it has the most pop of all the boards I rode this season. I will be riding this one for this season
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-03-2006, 4:51 PM Reply   
Watson, to me is a very slow board and has alot of drag on the water. It dose have good pop but if you don't keep it on edge or have a good tech then it dosn't pop good once the edge it let off the pop is gone.

Now for the PS3 I found it super fast to the wake and has more pop than the watson. To me it has the most pop of all the boards I rode this season. I will be riding this one for this season
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-04-2006, 1:04 PM Reply   
Hi Squid double poster!!!!!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2006, 5:17 PM Reply   
hey, jeff how did that happen?

(Message edited by twakess on February 04, 2006)
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-05-2006, 7:44 PM Reply   
I just took my watson back and got the shane today.
I like it soooo much better. It's fast as hell and tracks great!
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-06-2006, 6:48 AM Reply   
How does the Shane land? I have heard that it lands a little hard compared to the PS3 and Watson. If the Shane lands softly, it's the closest shape to the TFD/3DS.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-06-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
the landings aren't as soft as the watson, but then again I can go way bigger on the shane so of course the bigger you go the harder you land. overall I'm very impresed with the shane. awesome tracking, great speed and pop.