Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (wakechic82)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-25-2009, 7:03 PM Reply   
I am going camping at Lake Powell and looking forward to getting some really good pictures. I am going mid September. Here is what I have as far as gear goes, what am I missing?

Canon 40D
28-135mm
70-300mm
16-35mm
50mm
Tripod
Extra battery
I'm going to get another memory card

I don't really have any filters, like the polarizer or ND. Should I get those 2 for shooting lake and landscapes? Any advice is appreciated. Any ideas for pictures are welcomed too, I'm still a beginner.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-26-2009, 4:36 PM Reply   
The only thing your missing is taking me with you! Great time of the year to be down there. I'm still trying to get there Sept 23rd - 28th
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-26-2009, 4:38 PM Reply   
try to get your hands on a macro for the tight scorpion shots!
Old     (russian)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-26-2009, 9:40 PM Reply   
Both a polarizer and split nd will be helpful with landscapes. I also highly recommend a cable release for landscapes and nightscapes, get the timer remote if you can swing it
Old     (wakechic82)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-27-2009, 7:30 PM Reply   
Chris, i know the cable release is for long exposures, but how exactly does it work? I would love to get a picture of the stars while we are out there.
Old     (russian)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-29-2009, 7:13 PM Reply   
it basically allows you to not touch the camera when making the exposure. You can use the timer mode, but you wont be able to lock the shutter in bulb mode with it(needed for longer then 30sec exposures) once you have one you'll never go back. they are a bit pricey though, I have no experience with the cheaper ebay models