Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-07-2006, 11:33 AM Reply   
Really, who is going to buy this thing?? You can't spin, you can't invert and it looks completely awkward to ride. Plus, I think the ladies would hate it... It's like a wuss version of wakeboarding.
Old     (big_b)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-07-2006, 11:34 AM Reply   
amen
Old     (young)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-07-2006, 11:42 AM Reply   
old guys are gonna eat it up.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-07-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
How about as a learning device for little kids, just to get the feel of the board without scaring them away with hard crashes when they learn.
Old    bigrich            11-07-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
Old guy here and I would even think about it.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-07-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
Parent here and I wouldn't think of putting my kids on that thing. I could see pulling it out on occasion for myself (maybe rough water day?) but it would have to be awfully cheap to consider adding it to my stuff.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-07-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
I signed up for the email updates because I was intrigued and I got an update the other day and from what I understand, the product was picked up by HO.
Old     (craigystyle_05)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-07-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
i think it would be cool.... just something different.... i can do inverts and all that but i have no ballast in my boat so i dont really know how it feels to go so high... im also gettin bad knees and w/ softer landings i could still go high, and i feel like ppl will learn to spin on that.... also it would be a safer, less painful way to learn raleys...
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-07-2006, 2:59 PM Reply   
I bet it would help you with learning new tricks though. Having the ability to slow it down and with increased hang time will allow you to focus on the trick itself like raleys or krypts.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-07-2006, 3:02 PM Reply   
I don't think it'll be something that will get real big, but you can't say it doesn't look fun. If someone brought one on my boat, I'd give it a go for sure. I agree that it's very limited and will never really be all that great, but I want to try it.
Old     (tentcitygoon)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-07-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
What a joke Hyperlite continues to be the leader in pointless innovation. From the bottle opener byerly to this. HL you make me laugh. At least liquid force has a legit kiteboarding line, HL has gimmicks.
Old     (young)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-07-2006, 3:29 PM Reply   
subtelty is a virtue.
Old     (flyingtoaster2)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-07-2006, 4:11 PM Reply   
I think it looks interesting.. I also don't think it has to be viewed as competing with wakeboarding. It's something different. Looks like some soft landings, and some crazy air. That's all I know. My guess is it is at least $1700 for all the stuff - it looks like it comes all inclusive, kite, lines, handle, tow line, release line, etc. Pretty bold move by Hyperlite. I think it takes balls to launch stuff this innovative - you shouldn't knock it. That's how we got wakeboarding in the first place.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-07-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
Looks kind of like parasailing with a board on your feet.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-07-2006, 4:56 PM Reply   
I for one am disappointed with a lot of you. When this was posted the first time I was amazed at the negative reaction. Have any of you or do any of you fly kite(kite board). I fly kite in the winter on the lake and the experience is amazing. You would not believe how much raw POWER the wind actually has. Open air wind howling in your ears and a 12' dock section to launch off. Hang time is unbelievable. This kite deal would most likely be for advanced boarders and flyers. You need a lot of kite control to know how to jump properly. It seems like a lot of you are just so close minded or maybe it's just your not educated on flying kite. If you are passionate with wake boarding you would most likely pick up on kiting with no problem and realize what an awesome deal it is.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-07-2006, 5:00 PM Reply   
We saw them doing this on Sammamish a few months ago when we were riding. It looked like a lot of effort between boat, driver and gear. We were all pretty interested to watch them try it but it was a let down in the end. Its kinda like a how many tricks can you do while swinging from a rope swing. The price of $1700 was just slightly higher than what we were told they would sell for.
Old    bigrich            11-07-2006, 5:21 PM Reply   
Nick not to start a war but I think we all know the power of the wind especially when it blows the lake out. Maybe not everybody is closed minded or uneducated on flying a kite but would rather stick to the core of wakeboarding. Maybe some of us would rather not hassle with the additional expense,maintenance,storage etc... of more gear. If this is for you then go for it and more power to you.
Old     (tentcitygoon)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-07-2006, 5:44 PM Reply   
I'm not closed minded, if I wanted to ride a with a kite I would KITEBOARD. I have tried it and it is as fun if not more fun than wakeboarding. The freedom of kiteboarding is amazing because you don't have a boat driver, you are in control of the kite. I just don't understand why you need to mix a kite with a boat. Remember when they mixed a kite with a tube? aka multiple deaths and a voluntary recall. Lets stick to wakeboarding and kiteboarding, we don't need another bastardized boardsport.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-07-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
Rich and Tony, maybe I was a little hash but with only getting about 3 good month to wake board in Minnesota I don't get out nearly enough and I only wish I could be a hard core wake boarder. And I get sick of 4 second snow board runs really quick so I'm forced to try something else related to boarding and growing up in a little town there was only like one kid that that even owned a skate board. I would never go out and buy one of these things but I would love to try one.
Old    riverside_drive            11-07-2006, 7:20 PM Reply   
You saw it on samamish? Does someone up there have one or was it just hyperlite guys?
Old     (craigystyle_05)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-07-2006, 9:46 PM Reply   
watch the video on their website... somebody did what looked like an ole spin... so they are spinnin on it... my dad already said he was gonna buy it...
Old     (flyingtoaster2)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-07-2006, 10:39 PM Reply   
I'm a core wakeboarder. Indeed. But I'm core because I ride for fun. If this thing is fun, then who gives a crap what anyone thinks. If it isn't fun...then it'll sort itself out. I'm just out there to have a good time, and if there's a new way to experience an air, I'm ALL OVER IT.
Kite boarding is also sick, an equally worthy pursuit.
Old     (flyingtoaster2)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-07-2006, 10:41 PM Reply   
Saw this link on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JVaMXSG_-o
Old     (kevin_garduno)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-08-2006, 12:17 AM Reply   
I just preordered my wakekite, it's so sick! Why don't you expand your horizons a little instead of making fun of an awesome new sport? Grow up.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-08-2006, 1:08 AM Reply   
AGREED TONY!!!

I don't need a sport that tries to wed two beautiful sports (kiteboarding, wakeboarding) and ends up killing the unqiue, fun things about both of them, leaving me with a substandard middleground.

And Kevin, let's not be too hasty to judgement.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-08-2006, 6:37 AM Reply   
I think it is too combersome, and wont appeal to either group, kiteboarders or wakeboarders.

Kiteboarders can do the same thing without a boat, and wakeboarder like simplicity.

The question will be safety under abuse. Remember, this is a kite, not a parachute. It is a wing! The lift it creates is directly proportionate to the air being moved past it. It also has the ability to stall. Therefore, your flight characteristics are controlled somewhat by the driver, and if its windy, wind direction in reference to your heading. it will offer no style like in kiteboarding. Remember, kiteboarders who hang from their kite are connected to the handle at the waist. The are free to let go and grab and still stay ballanced. You are not hooked into this thing. So you take it up and you hang from it like a chin-up bar.

Also, you have to control the kite. there is more to kite control than you think.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-08-2006, 6:43 AM Reply   
well i for one would love to try one for maybe learning new tricks and for rough days where its too blown out to ride ..I am an Old with a bad knee now and would love some extra soft landings

HOWEVER its looks too limiting and pretty much not really wakeboarding.Too much to store setup and take down..

AND ,

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDIING ME 1700 DOLLARS!!

it will be sitting on the shelves a long time and collecting dust..

I would rather buy a skiski or a REAL kite setup before i buy a bastard sport setup..
Old    bigrich            11-08-2006, 6:45 AM Reply   
No worries Nick. Sucks to hear about Minnesota riding time. Come out to CA your welcome for a pull anytime behind my boat. Oh and bring your kite love to check it out just doesnt sound like my bag.
Old    xtremebordgurl            11-08-2006, 7:01 AM Reply   
Haven't read the whole thread

BUT

If you guys are talking about Kiteboarding, it is a sick sport and you can get severely injured very easily if you don't know how to fly a kite. I've seen videos of guys getting over 30 feet of air! If I wasn't so scared of it I'd prolly do it more than wakeboard because I wouldn't need anyone else. I could do it whenever. Just my .02
Old     (flyingtoaster2)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-08-2006, 7:40 AM Reply   
Saw another thread where the price was said to be $1499, not $1700. Compared to a SkySki, or to a Kiteboard set-up, this is a decent price.

As for it being cumbersome, it looks easier than kiteboarding, although more work than standard wakeboarding. However, it is also more air than wakeboarding...so, a little extra effort = a lot more air! But seriously, for all those who seem to be concerned about it bastardizing other sports...whoever heard of such a thing? This is just something else that lets you go big. Good for the folks who made it possible. As for safety, Kiteboarding looks WAY more dangerous than this. Also, I don't think you'd want to be out riding when it's blown out - most shots are on glassy days in their video.

I'm buying one...sorry some of you are closed-minded.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-08-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
Bess Marine, they arent talking about kiteboarding, they are talking about a device you hook to the wake handle and pull behind a boat to give you lift when you jump.

Bess Marine, you would LOVE kiteboarding. While it is dangerous and powerful, it is completely controlable. Its like driving a car. Give it to someone who doesnt know what they are doing and they can kill themselves in it. But teach them the controls and the rules and ANYONE can become an extremely safe user. It really is the next level of boarding.

Also, like I said above, you have to consider the abuse. What happens when some idiot want so go higher and rides it on 100ft rope and drive the boat 40mph? I'll show you. Look up Wego kitetube. Lots of people bought them only to have them banned from most waterways. Then you have a $1500 paperweight.

The thing is, why not just get a kiteboarding setup? You can take that money and get a legit kiteboarding setup and have money left over. then when its too windy to wakeboard, just save the boat gas and kite. You can do alot more than you can on this thing, you can go by yourself, cruise your own lines and you dont eat up any gas money!
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-08-2006, 8:56 AM Reply   
"I don't need a sport that tries to wed two beautiful sports (kiteboarding, wakeboarding) and ends up killing the unqiue, fun things about both of them, leaving me with a substandard middleground. "

Wakeboarding weds two beautiful sports (waterskiing and surfing). I don't feel that wakeboarding is substandard and I still feel wakeboarding is unique and fun. That doesn't mean I'd feel the same way about this contraption, but you have a rather odd line of reasoning to take towards the idea.
Old    riverside_drive            11-08-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
You can't really compare this thing to Wego. That thing was like towing a paper airplane on a string behind your car. At least they seem to have a lot of control on wakekite. I'm skeptical yes, but i'll try anything that hucks you that high in the air...
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-08-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
I think its hilarious you're all talking about keeping it core, when if you'll notice hyperlite and HO's catalogues, they don't really market to the rider anymore, they market to the rich family with the lake house on an insanely large lake. Those customers are going to buy this, just to have and try, just like they'll buy the lounge floats and other junk. Its another avenue for revenue. Hyperlite started wakeboarding, and people will buy their wakeboards no matter what, so now they'll use their name to sell other stuff.

BTW, I would love to see some top dawgs on this thing, prob see more S bends than a cable or kite.
Old     (flyingtoaster2)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-08-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
Why not just kiteboard? I'll tell you why, cause it's a totally different sport. At least this thing is related to use behind the boat. This looks a lot easier than kiteboarding. My guess is that it'd be a nice trainer for using a kite. Maybe then graduate to full kiteboarding...?? But correct me if I'm wrong, people are getting bones broken a plenty on kiteboards (even killed). Kiteboarding, while totally cool, requires a much more advanced swimmer, a much more independent riding approach (you are fully on your own, like windsurfing). Kiteboarding is very technical. The WakeKite looks like it brings some of the fun of kiteboarding to the back of the boat. From what I can see though, it's just its own thing and a lot simpler. And yeah, this looks nothing like the Wego...that was for riding on top of (and getting dumped at insane speeds). The wakekite looks controllable. Still...why trash anything before you try it? I swear, people trashed wakeskating so badly, and look at it now!!
Old    riverside_drive            11-08-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
No kidding. No kiteboarders are allowed to say this is dangerous based on their reccord. I got mad respect for a kiteboarder but something about gettin mashed into rocks doesn't quite appeal. As long as I can bail whenever, I'll try it.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-08-2006, 11:00 AM Reply   
ghay
Old     (flyingtoaster2)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-08-2006, 11:02 AM Reply   
How can you say ghay?? Did you say that when wakeskating first came out?? It'd be better if you didn't share your personal sexual preferences online.. pllleeeeezzz ;)
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-08-2006, 11:10 AM Reply   
Dante,

what i'm trying to say is that the kite combines two forms of "force"... kite and boat... the kite adds another variable into the equation. That's where I see the issue: the boat pulls you forward, the kite pulls you upward. Sports generally only have one source of force, be it legs, a boat, gravity, an engine or wind.

It seems to me that the two forces would be conflicting and just kind of get in the way of the riding experience.
Old    riverside_drive            11-08-2006, 11:12 AM Reply   
My question is how far does the thing land from you when you fall? If it's all blown out and i let go will it launch off into the next county or what?
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-08-2006, 11:12 AM Reply   
how can I say ghay? like this.

ghay, really ghay, really really super ghay
Old     (flyingtoaster2)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-08-2006, 11:15 AM Reply   
Anodyne, several sports have more than one force. Think of windsurfing - you have wind, gravity, leg force, arm force, etc. It all combines into the sport - multiple forces. However, only a ride on this thing will truly determine. I'm just curious..
Old     (waketime)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-08-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
I have to say I finally got a chance to watch the video on the wakekite website and personally I think it looks pretty sweet... How can you knock a new sport before anyone has even really tried it... What if every new product ever brought to market people bashed, would we really have anything new? I truly love wakeboarding, and that will never change, but those of you bashing this new product suck, that just means you are scared to try something new!!!!!! Wussies!!!
Old    K.B.C.            11-08-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
I heard that they just signed their first pro rider

Upload
Old     (flyingtoaster2)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-08-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
Now Scott, indeed you are one funny dude!!! Richard Simmons is indeed one lame SOB!!!
Old    riverside_drive            11-08-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
heck, a man's gotta work, hahaha
Old    K.B.C.            11-08-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
at least we can agree on that. LOL
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-08-2006, 11:25 AM Reply   
Im not telling you not to get it. Im a kiteboarder and I know kites. I know who originally designed this concept. I know the pro's and con's. Ive also been a wakeboarder for over 10 years. I know what we like. I know exactly what you see in this device. I know exactly how they are marketing it to you. This device has been hashed out on kiteboarding forums just like this for over a year. They market it to us too. its nothing like kiteboarding, in fact its flying the kite backwards!

I was just trying to give you a different perspective from the kite side of things.

As far as actual kiteboarding goes, you should definitely take a lesson. Its alot more like wakeboarding than you think. People who get drug over rocks kiteboarding are the same people who get drug over rocks wakeboarding. DONT RIDE STUPID AROUND ROCKS! problem is that you can become so precise with your kite that solid objects dont scare you anymore. So people ride up to rocks, cliffs, building, etc and try to do handplants or tail taps, and screw up. Its not near as hard as windsurfing.

Once you understand how a kite works you can use it to power your wakeboard, snowboard, skateboard, mountainboard, etc and its alot of fun! You will also see why a device like this isnt such a good blend. it takes what sux about kiteboarding (technical gear) and what sux abuot wakeboarding (having to follow a boat around) and combines them making it unattractive to either group.
Old     (flyingtoaster2)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-08-2006, 11:28 AM Reply   
Jason, have you tried this thing? How can you judge a pizza without taking a bite? What else lets you get this kind of air behind the boat? And I agree, Kiteboarding proper is totally sweet (just not for everyone). So we agree on some things...but judging a new sport before trying it sounds all very REPUBLICAN to me...lol.
Old     (waketime)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-08-2006, 11:34 AM Reply   
I agree this is nothing like kiteboarding, nor is it like wakeboarding, it is a new sport... you cant compare this sport to any other sport, its a one of a kind. And how can you bash a product before it even hits the market... Try it first then if you still hate it, come back and bash it all you want, most people hate a new sport when they first see it, or even try it... Y'all are way to judgemental...
Old     (flyingtoaster2)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-08-2006, 11:37 AM Reply   
Shmoe,
I guess that even applies to me, as I am finding myself way for the wakekite, but haven't even tried it yet. The naysayers just get me fired up because that is what is wrong with people - casting judgement before giving something a try. I hate that. If things were decided that way, we'd never have anything new. I'm still buyin' one...
Old    riverside_drive            11-08-2006, 11:37 AM Reply   
no s##t. how many of you "purists" are gonna be the ones claimin you were first on it when it's huge. Are you still gonna be a closed minded deusch when everyone has it? I'm not saying it'll catch n be the biggest thing ever, but lighten up. I know you'll at least try it. I will
Old     (waketime)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-08-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
Exactly.... Really though is anyone a true purist, most people have tried everything and just found what they like the best... My thing is, it looks cool and yeah I may not like it when I try it, who knows, but at least I am going to give it a shot, why not! The more you experience in life the better I say.....
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-08-2006, 11:42 AM Reply   
Not judging this activity (I wouldnt call it a sport). Im just hoping to help a few fellow wakeboarders see through the hype. ive seen lots of video, including ones that arent a highlight reel. I was trying to be helpful to fellow riders who are going to plop down big money on something disapointing. I hope you would do the same for me if I was convinced a hydroslide wakeboard was the way to go.

Why would I try it? It take something I like to do and mucks it up with a boat. If I wanted to fly 30ft in the air, I would do it without paying gas money.

but, yes in a round about way, I have. I have been pulled by boat with my kite in the air. i know first hand what can go wrong. When I get home, ill send you a link.
Old    riverside_drive            11-08-2006, 11:44 AM Reply   
cool i'd love to see you crash. How have you seen all this hidden reels of footage? send me a link to that as well
Old     (waketime)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-08-2006, 11:46 AM Reply   
Yeah well what if you live somewhere that doesnt' have strong enough winds to kiteboard... then what...

And how can you say its not a sport... Did you say that when wakeboarding, wakeskating, kiteboarding or any other sport got launched...

Dude its brand new not even on the market, do you know how many changes could evolve with this thing?... pretty sure you don't, when wakeboarding first started, do you think people thought it would be where it is today back then... HELL NO!

Same thing goes for the Wakekite.... You just never know....
Old    riverside_drive            11-08-2006, 11:46 AM Reply   
i aint sayin you're wrong jason, but fun is fun. You're kiteboard kite aint the same as their wakekite or whatever. IT was made to go behind a boat and that's where i like to be so damn right i'll try it. if it sucks i'll be the first to let you know.
Old     (waketime)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-08-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
Also Jason, you say someone pulled you with your kite behind a boat... Pretty sure I have seen a kiteboarding kite, and this wakekite doesn't seem to look anything like that... I am sure they had to make some serious changes to it to work behind a boat...
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-08-2006, 12:09 PM Reply   
yes, this one is designed to fly behind you, and a kiteboarding kite flies in front. im sure the aspect ratio (rate of lift) is also much lower since you are dealing with infinite power from a boat.

yes, I agree this custom kite will be much more safe than what I did. however, its still a wing, and subject to issues wings have, from kites to airplanes. kiteboarders who jump really high take these same risks, but they know how to manipluate the kite to stay safe. The safety mechanism is that you cant jump that high kiteboarding until you know what your doing. On this thing, the boat is supplying endless power. So idiots will be able to create this power without knowing how to deal with it. might not be a risk for responsible people like yourself, just like many people enjoyed their Wego safely. But if an idiot ruins it for you, you are stuck with expensive junk that cant be used.
Old    bigrich            11-08-2006, 12:13 PM Reply   
Richard Simmons BWAHAHAHA. Are you sure he wont go into outer space on that thing. Word is he's pretty light in the loafers already.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-08-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
Sadly, Scott is correct... Richard will be the first Professional Wakekiter.

May I be the first to say: the Wake Kite is the next Air Chair
Old     (waketime)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-08-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
All I can say is in any sport you try, you are taking a risk, its all about learning how to do it right, there are idiots in every sport out there... Will be interesting to see what the learning curve is on this thing...
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-08-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
Isn't it limiting just besides you can't do the same tricks. Would you be able to do it without a tower and a powerful boat. I know lots of people that wakeboard without a wakeboat, would their I/O have enough power to get lift? It seems like a lot of strain on a boat and I don't think a normal I/O could get that big kite going with a rider connected to it.
Old     (waketime)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-08-2006, 12:49 PM Reply   
Every sport when it first comes out is limiting... Its all about development over time....
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-08-2006, 1:03 PM Reply   
nobody has addressed this question:

What happens when Billy Bob get his govt check and goes and buys this rig, he give it a try behind his '73 Glastron I/O and determines he can go bigger by using a longer line and going faster, then he drops from 40ft due to a stall and dies, what happens to the product? (see Wego kite tube)
Old     (flyingtoaster2)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-08-2006, 1:06 PM Reply   
woohoo - I saw a posting that said it works behind I/O's no problem. I think it said it was less strain on the boat connection as most of the pull is in the kite lines (not the tow line).
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-08-2006, 1:20 PM Reply   
also, the "raley" that is done with this thing is no more than pulling the board up to your butt. last time i checked that was called a fashion air. so, for those of you who learn a raley on this thing, please post the video of you trying it without the kite. the way i see it, if you're into huge shiftys and fashion airs this thing is for you.

looks like a good way to develop bad habits on a wakeboard....one among many reasons why i wouldn't let my newby kid use this.

(Message edited by wakesk8er2 on November 08, 2006)
Old     (waketime)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-08-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   
Justin... Don't think this is supposed to teach you wakeboarding tricks... and develop bad habits? every board sport has a different style in tricks... doubt it will affect how people wakeboard... Does snowboarding affect wakeboarding? NO!
Old     (cptoafficiency)      Join Date: May 2006       11-08-2006, 2:01 PM Reply   
My friends that call me X Games would think this is a sport only illegals could love. I'd still go X Games on it...
Old    bigrich            11-08-2006, 2:02 PM Reply   
Hey David can we get a seperate forum for wakekiting now that we have three different threads going on this now.
Old    riverside_drive            11-08-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
Wait up, your friends call you x games?
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-08-2006, 2:15 PM Reply   
sam said,"Are you still gonna be a closed minded deusch when everyone has it?". depends, are you going to be the first deusch to buy one?
i can't wait to go watch the kitewakeboarding premiere entertainment enthusiast championships, better known as K-pee-Comps!the Kitey-Pee-Comps!awsome!
Old     (waketime)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-08-2006, 2:18 PM Reply   
And are you going to be the lame ass when all your friends have it and you don't.... Don't Knock it till you try it....
Old     (briand)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-08-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
I dont know about you all, but I would like to see that thing go off a double up!
Old     (flyingtoaster2)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-08-2006, 3:54 PM Reply   
now that would be sick!! $%#!
Old     (cptoafficiency)      Join Date: May 2006       11-08-2006, 4:02 PM Reply   
yeah, they cross their arms in a big X and, like Batman to the Bat Symbol, I go X Games on 'em.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-08-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
$1499 is still outrageous for this thing

get it under $800 and it may have a few people at least thinking about it ...

anyway its not for me as it is but i wont hate on people with these..

just keep the drunk wally hanging off one of these and his redneck drunk driver whos looking way back and up yahoo his buddy away from where i wakeboard .

because i dont want to run into him or vice versa or witness that kind of carnage and distruction this will cause if they ride near regular boaters .
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-08-2006, 4:24 PM Reply   
Here is the potential for flying a wing with endless power. Kite being flown like a wake kite. Now, as long as you have endless force, you have endless lift. So, the more rope you are willing to use the higher you will go.

http://www.kiteflix.com/wipeout.html

Now, not that any of you would do this, but you know every weekend warrior that gets one is going to expeiement with "MORE AIR!" Soon as people start getting hurt, they are done.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-08-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
Wow... I can't believe he lived. That video is unbelievable whether you like the wakekite or not!
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-08-2006, 4:52 PM Reply   
"have you tried this thing? How can you judge a pizza without taking a bite?"

hahahahahahahaha!!!!! I once saw a piece of pizza lying on the ground with a big pile of crap on it. I thought of the quote from above and ended up with a big smear of sCHtuft smeared all over my face!!!