Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-28-2007, 7:39 PM Reply   
I've been trying to dial in my surf wake on my boat. Yesterday I was out and it seemed like I never really got it dialed. Here's the setup:

Front - #750 fatsac + 100lbs lead
Right - #250 fatsac
Left - #250 fatsac + #200 lead + #400 fatsac on seat

2 adults and 3 kids on port side as well.

While at a stop, the rubrail was touching the water.

As far as speed, I was running about 10.5 - 11 mph to get a good curl.

Wakeplate all the way up.

Please help with any input you can suggest. Thanks, Erick

P.S. Pics if you have them.
Old     (65sanford)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-29-2007, 9:31 AM Reply   
Do you have any pics of the wake? I am interested--bought a 22 SSV about a month ago and am just starting to get the wake dialed in. Currently I am using the stock ballast--I believe 225# in the rear on the right, *00# in front and 1-3 people (however many I get to go along) in the back. Here are some pics.Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-29-2007, 4:30 PM Reply   
Phil, I am actually surfing the other side. I can't ride goofy. I'll post some pics when I get a chance. Let me understand, are you running no weight on the opposite side and none in the front either? Your wake looks nice though.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-29-2007, 4:51 PM Reply   
hey, dude, fill all your sacks! dont listen to the guys saying you need to fill just one side. fill em all then sit everyone on the rigt side of the boat( right side as if looking at the wake from the boat) Surf on that side as well, the prop wash makes the wake cleaner on that side no matter what boat you ride behind. think of it this way, give yourself a bigger starting weight by filling all the sacks, then use the passengers weight to get the right side the biggest.

heres my surf wake.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k41/somebodyelse5/IMG_2806.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k41/somebodyelse5/IMG_2810.jpg[/IMG]

its awesome and clean.
Old     (65sanford)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-29-2007, 6:54 PM Reply   
No weight on the opposite side and 800# in the front locker. I don't fill the other side because there is usually only 3 of us boarding and the 1 other person in the boat besides the driver does not offset the boat enough to compensate for the weight in the other locker from what we have experienced--tried the link and it did not work--
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-31-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
here mmby this pic will work. sorry not to sure about how to put pics on here. this wakes with a sac on each side, 2 sacs up front (sorry i dont know the exact size) + driver and 2/3 other kids

sorry the pictures kinda small, it doesnt do the wake justice haha

Upload
Upload
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-04-2007, 10:03 PM Reply   
Hey guys, thanks for the input. I'll get out and get a pic of my wake. As far as wakeplate and speed, what are you guys running?
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-04-2007, 10:53 PM Reply   
im running 10.3. im pretty sure but not to sure about our plate anywhere from 5-7 (7 being max). we have a tige with the taps so i think its alot like yours the setting are probably a little different tho.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-04-2007, 10:55 PM Reply   
and Erick, i just took a look at your profile. really liken that supra! that looks awesome! major props ma brotha!
Old     (adamo)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-09-2007, 8:37 PM Reply   
same boat, back right stock bag and center bag filled, with about 600lbs of human bodies all on the back right too. not bad...

Upload
Old     (adamo)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-09-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
^^^ i guess its not as big as i thought. :-(
Old     (the_nbomar)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-09-2007, 8:49 PM Reply   
i ride goofy which is the best side on supras. i just sold my 04 GG SSV. I would will both the front bag and the right bag all the way. Left bag empty and then put as many people as possible in the right side of the boat with the plate 3/4 up. on a longer faster board (hyperlite landlock) 12-12.5 mph, with the slower shorter boards (trick boards, etc, I usually slowed down to 10.5 to 11mph. my wake was VERY nice, I'll see if I have any pics stored on the computer and post some up..
Old     (the_nbomar)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-09-2007, 8:54 PM Reply   
I had the GG bags not the stock bags BTW.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-10-2007, 7:46 AM Reply   
I've been working on a ballast modification (half-ass handyman rigged) for my Supra SSV. I haven't had a chance to test it out yet, but here is more or less what I did......

I also have the GG sacs in my Supra. I also ride goofy and surf on the starboard side of the boat. Since I leave the rear port sac empty, I found a way to extend the ballast hoses from that locker so that I can take the GG sac out of the rear port locker and lay it on the floor of the starboard side, while still filling it with my automatic ballast system.

I bought all the fittings I needed from Wakeside.com and then bought some 3/4 inch high pressure hose. I snaked the hose through the motor compartment and up through the inside gunnels of the starboard side. One end plugs into the ballast hoses of in the rear port locker while the other end comes out of the starboard gunnels where the cup holders are. I remove the rear bench seat and leave it at the house. This frees up the space to lay the GG sac on the floor parallel to the starboard gunnels.

This set up gives me 1200-1400 lbs of fully automatic ballast on the starboard side with another 800 lbs of fully automatic ballast in the front center locker. Like I said, I haven’t had a chance to test it out yet. My only concern is in draining the sac that I extended the hose to. I’m afraid that it may be tough for the drain pump to suck water out of the sac through 16 ft of hose. Although, I’m pretty sure all I’ll have to do is sit on the sac to force water through the line until the pump is primed. I’ll post up some pics as soon as I get a chance.

(Message edited by nauty on August 10, 2007)
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-10-2007, 8:46 AM Reply   
Nauty,

I was thinking something along the same lines. Except I would just get a new sac and throw it on top of the other side sac. Then connect it up with your extended hoses. Same idea I guess. Yours saves the cost of a sac, while mine saves the head ache of running hose.

LEt's see some pics when you can. I'm still tryng to figure out my ballast too. I have the 22ssv and 1950lbs factory to play with but I'm not getting the results I thought I would.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-13-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
I had one out this weekend and this is what I did and it worked just fine:

Boat: 07 Sunsport 22V (Walkway, no playpen bow)
Ballast: STOCK port side FULL, Center bag Full.
Wakeplate: all the way in the DOWN position...otherwise the wave will not clean up
Speed: 10.8 mph
People: all on port side

We surfed it with only 4 or 5 people on the port side with the above set up and it was good.

We then surfed it with about 10 people in the boat and it was great.
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-13-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
Interesting...

I got some good results this weekend too.

I used full port and center with 840 lbs extra spread out in the port locker starboard empty.

With the plate at 75% up at 11.5 I had my best wave yet.

Oh there were three people in the boat. with two of them in the back seat port side.

Sorry no pics. I'll try to get some next week.