Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old     (jayson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-10-2003, 12:55 PM Reply   
I need a pair of Boss-B530 cannisters. Where is a good place to get them from? Also it doesn't matter what color they are, b/c they are going straight to the powdercoater. Thanks
Old     (jro)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-10-2003, 2:26 PM Reply   
Jason-
If you can't find a used pair I can get you a deal on a new pair. Its not great but better than the best online price.
Old    wuneyewilly            07-10-2003, 8:18 PM Reply   
Jro- can you get empty, white B-60's?
Old    whitechocolate            07-10-2003, 8:56 PM Reply   
Ill sell you everything you see on the tower
Old    swass            07-10-2003, 9:17 PM Reply   
Good gravy! OK, I'll bite: How much for a pair?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-10-2003, 9:23 PM Reply   
I'll take the tow hitch, I've always wanted one of those.
Old     (jayson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-10-2003, 10:01 PM Reply   
Grant....Why in the world would you spend all that time on your system and sell it all? Need more speakers up there or something? I guess it isnt' loud enough for the people about a mile down the lake from you!
Old    boatarded            07-10-2003, 10:29 PM Reply   
I have found b-530 cans in black or white for $710 a pair, don't know if that is good or not.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-11-2003, 5:55 AM Reply   
$710 a pair???? are speakers included? from where?
Old     (htown)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-11-2003, 6:44 AM Reply   
Grant - I have the 530's now, but I would be interested in the rest of them. How much are you asking?
Old    whitechocolate            07-11-2003, 11:56 AM Reply   
I wanted to sell everything on the Tower.
2 sets of b-50's 1 set of B-530's 5 light bar/ with relay's & wire harness for everything. Also a cutom tower cover, details in the for sale section,
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-11-2003, 1:18 PM Reply   
grant, whats your next project? what are you putting up there?
Old    boatarded            07-11-2003, 6:01 PM Reply   
$710 a pair is for UN-loaded cans only with clamps to fit your application.
Old    whitechocolate            07-11-2003, 6:21 PM Reply   
Matt: Im gonna go off On the tower, A Cutom Fiberglass Box, It's gonna be crazy. It's gonna have Lexus IS 300 HID hedlight's Tons of NEON Its out of control. Just waite!
Old    xtigeman            07-11-2003, 10:14 PM Reply   
Grant: I hear you man. I started a project something like that but never finished. I cannot wait to see your creation. Use Dynaudio Drivers in. Trust me, you will thank me later for this one.
Old    tclagggym            07-12-2003, 11:08 PM Reply   
I bought my 530's from a local stereo shop for $450.00, and bought my alpine speakers to go in them for 400.00 on ebay. If I would of bought them all ready put together it would of cost about $1500.00 or more. I working on a little system right now. When I get done I will post the pics.
Old    whitechocolate            07-13-2003, 9:56 AM Reply   
Doug: Does Dynaudio make 6X9's
Old    xtigeman            07-13-2003, 6:35 PM Reply   
No. They make a 7 inch and 8 inch that will throw more sound than any 6X9. SQ will be best also. They are long throw and have huge voice coils. They also use the Morel 130 tweeter which is light years ahead of anything used by the other car manufacturers in SQ.

I have a pair of 8s. I was going to put a pair of 8s and a pair of 7s in mine with 4 MB QM 25 tweeters or Morel 130s. I was then going to mount an ID MAX 12 right in the middle.
Old    whitechocolate            07-13-2003, 7:16 PM Reply   
I have used the Morel Tweeters and mids before, I didn't know how they would sound at High Volume on a Tower. My Tower system now is Good for SQ The reason I wanted to go with 6X9's because they seem to take a beating and produce Lots of sound at Volume. It seems hard for seprats to keep up with the 6X9s when you are pushing the type of power Im pushing
Old    xtigeman            07-13-2003, 7:59 PM Reply   
Depends on which Morels you were using. They range from $ 400 a speaker to $ 16 a speaker. The 8 inch Dynaudio will push more air and play louder at better SQ than any 6 X 9 which are not even made for SQ in the first place. See if you cannot audition a set of Dynaudios.
Old    xtigeman            07-13-2003, 8:02 PM Reply   
Also check out the Illussions at www.solen.ca. Focuis on their carbon models. Those things are sweet. I have set in my car.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-13-2003, 11:38 PM Reply   
Wouldnt that much weight beat the heck out of the fiberglass around the mounts, with more then one set of 7/8's? ive got the west marines which i swapped in phoenix gold 8's and put morel tweeters in but this is only one set and they are monsters BUT they do throw some sound. I also added crossovers in the boxes, was a pain in the butt since the pc board was glued to a stiffener board and i had to separate them in order to see where i could drill thru the pc board to mount it inside the speaker box. I would love to make/get ahold of a glass box, sure would save some weight on what i have up there now. I might not be in Grants or Dougs league but heck im light years ahead of most everyone near me. I wish i could hear you guys' sytems and bow down before you BUT alas it will never happen.
Old    xtigeman            07-14-2003, 6:08 AM Reply   
I don't know about wieght. I never finished the box.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-14-2003, 12:57 PM Reply   
As far as weight, I had 55# of speakers on my zero flex tower and it DID crack the gelcoat on 2 tower mount locations and the tower swayed something horrible in a just little rough water. The momentem that the weight builds up from side to side movement is pretty scary.
Old    whitechocolate            07-14-2003, 2:31 PM Reply   
Yes Andrew A friend has a Small set of Speakers on his "ZERO FLEX" tower and that think Shake's like a Srtipper With a $20 in your hand. All towers shake prety good but it's funny how they call it ZERO Flex, I think they should have come up with a better name like "Hula Tower" or somthing. I know manafactures will tell you No weight isthe correct amount but it would be nice if there was a Gude that safley let you know how much weight you could have up there with out cracking
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-14-2003, 2:45 PM Reply   
HULA TOWER
The only tower I have seen that does not have a sway to it with speaker weight is the titan. I have about 20# of speaker on mine now and there is pretty much no sway that is above normal.